Amiibo so where have you pre ordered yours?

Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all just wondering where you guys are ordered your wave 3 amiibo from? I tried Amazon UK but there are no options to pre order so I am trying to find somewhere else to pre order from. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive got mine ordered from Amazon but Argos & Play-Asia are canny! 👍
  • Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Ive got mine ordered from Amazon but Argos & Play-Asia are canny! 👍

Argos do not have any wave 3 amiibo on their website at all. And Amazon UK do not have an option to pre order the wave 3 amiibo. ???
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrufox86 wrote: »
    Argos do not have any wave 3 amiibo on their website at all. And Amazon UK do not have an option to pre order the wave 3 amiibo. ???

Amazon used to. I imagine they probably sold out of their stock allowance.

I have preordered: Sonic, Toon Link and Bowser.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Play-Asia are taking preorders soon iirc! 👍 ... so keep an eye out! 😉

(you've gotta get in early, these things are like goldust God knows why?) 😇
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Amazon used to. I imagine they probably sold out of their stock allowance.

I have preordered: Sonic, Toon Link and Bowser.

Sonic, Megaman & Metaknight are my faves! 👍 the rest are purely for colection purposes! 🙈
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Play-Asia are taking preorders soon iirc! 👍 ... so keep an eye out! 😉

(you've gotta get in early, these things are like goldust God knows why?) 😇

Yeah I am not going to get villager or little Mac it seems. I tried to order villager on tesco but as soon as it went to basket and I clicked buy it said not enough stock yet still showed as available to buy and this was weeks ago before the rumour of discontinued figures. Same with little Mac I waited for tesco to have it in stock and tried to order as soon as possible and it gave the same thing. How it sold out when it only just said in stock is beyond me but oh well. I just need DK and Luigi to arrive and i will have all of wave 1 and 2 bar the above. I managed to pre order toon link from GAME and also Bowser, Sonic and Ike from Nintendo UK store. Sonic is wave 4 though??? The others are sold out apparently and GAME only allow one amiibo per customer?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered little mac from Amazon! ... Never got sent out, same goes for Argos! :( ... Used play-Asia (as a last resort) & luckily it dropped through the letterbox! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am not going to get villager or little Mac it seems. I tried to order villager on tesco but as soon as it went to basket and I clicked buy it said not enough stock yet still showed as available to buy and this was weeks ago before the rumour of discontinued figures. Same with little Mac I waited for tesco to have it in stock and tried to order as soon as possible and it gave the same thing. How it sold out when it only just said in stock is beyond me but oh well. I just need DK and Luigi to arrive and i will have all of wave 1 and 2 bar the above. I managed to pre order toon link from GAME and also Bowser, Sonic and Ike from Nintendo UK store. Sonic is wave 4 though??? The others are sold out apparently and GAME only allow one amiibo per customer?

Check Argos. I was pleasantly surprised to find The Villager at an Argos when visiting family a couple of days back :D

Managed to reserve a Wii Fit Trainer from Toys r Us, but not had confirmation it's been reserved yet :(

The Villager and Fit Trainer are the only wave 1 I like.. so hopefully I can get the trainer soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check Argos. I was pleasantly surprised to find The Villager at an Argos when visiting family a couple of days back :D

Managed to reserve a Wii Fit Trainer from Toys r Us, but not had confirmation it's been reserved yet :(

The Villager and Fit Trainer are the only wave 1 I like.. so hopefully I can get the trainer soon.

I got lucky with the fit trainer I think I got it just before everyone realised it was one of the rare ones. I ordered it from tesco at same time I tried to get villager. And speak of them I just got emails about DK and Luigi being on their way to me. Well DK I can collect now but Luigi is apparently in delivery van. I have checked Argos but they do not have wave 3 amiibo to pre order. The villager is OOS everywhere on their store checker.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just found a website called shopto but have never heard of it before and was wondering if anyone here has ever used it before?

They are a website focusing on gaming and the prices look good. I just hope it isn't one of the "too good to be true" websites and there is a catch or it is some sort of scam. They do have Amiibo on there and you can pre-order wave 3 and 4 figures.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just found a website called shopto but have never heard of it before and was wondering if anyone here has ever used it before?

They are a website focusing on gaming and the prices look good. I just hope it isn't one of the "too good to be true" websites and there is a catch or it is some sort of scam. They do have Amiibo on there and you can pre-order wave 3 and 4 figures.

Nowt wrong with shopto! ... especially since the xmas rush is now over!!! 👍
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nowt wrong with shopto! ... especially since the xmas rush is now over!!! 👍

I take it you've registered with them? I went to but then another company called Skream was going to charge me £1 so it put me off as I wasn't sure whether this was a scam. Other places I have bought from online do not charge a fee to register with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it you've registered with them? I went to but then another company called Skream was going to charge me £1 so it put me off as I wasn't sure whether this was a scam. Other places I have bought from online do not charge a fee to register with them.

I'm a gold member! :) ... Shopto are very good! 👍
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a gold member! :) ... Shopto are very good! 👍

So any idea what the £1 charge is all about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So any idea what the £1 charge is all about?

Its a test payment that validates your card credentials ... It gets refunded! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a test payment that validates your card credentials ... It gets refunded! ;-)

Oh that is good. The prices there are good so I might use that for gaming orders.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well I registered with shopto and have managed to pre-order the Megaman and Lucario Amiibo figures. It was a little annoying finding out that Rosalina, Shulk, King Dedede and Meta Knight were unable to be pre-ordered but at least I got those two (at least pre-ordered, it depends if they get enough stock and everything goes well with the order).

Now I am a little confused with shopto and the pre ordering as they say I can pay now. I thought that payment is taken once the items are despatched? I didn't choose to pay right now as it is too far from the release dates.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member

If you are worried about a website just google their name and words like scam unless it is brand new that has always worked for me (and ive found they are legit)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh the last one I need is Little Mac but I cannot find him anywhere. OOS on all retail websites. I know there is Ebay but the prices are 4X the normal price. I was willing to pay double the normal retail price for the villager but no way 4X the price. It is so unfair that greedy people somehow got multiple Little Mac figures so they can do this. I was unable to even pre-order so waited for them to become available for pre-order and then once they were they somehow went OOS everywhere. How? I've seen many people on ebay having about 10 Little Mac figures up for sale yet I was unable to get a single figure at retail price. And I am baffled how certain amiibo figures are already being "discontinued" when it has not even been a month from their release date and they have been OOS for so many people who still want them. I thought items were discontinued when there was no longer a demand for them not when there is most definitely a demand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh the last one I need is Little Mac but I cannot find him anywhere. OOS on all retail websites. I know there is Ebay but the prices are 4X the normal price. I was willing to pay double the normal retail price for the villager but no way 4X the price. It is so unfair that greedy people somehow got multiple Little Mac figures so they can do this. I was unable to even pre-order so waited for them to become available for pre-order and then once they were they somehow went OOS everywhere. How? I've seen many people on ebay having about 10 Little Mac figures up for sale yet I was unable to get a single figure at retail price. And I am baffled how certain amiibo figures are already being "discontinued" when it has not even been a month from their release date and they have been OOS for so many people who still want them. I thought items were discontinued when there was no longer a demand for them not when there is most definitely a demand.

Well I gave in and found the cheapest 'buy it now' option on eBay so got little Mac for £34.50 it is still far more than I wanted to pay but it is OOS everywhere and I want to get all the Amiibo figures. So with that I now have all 18 available so far. I have pre-ordered most of wave 3a and 3b with exceptions being shulk and Rosalina because it seems you cannot pre-order those anywhere. Tesco and Argos do not even have wave 3 listed yet so hopefully I can pre-order those two from one of them soon .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I gave in and found the cheapest 'buy it now' option on eBay so got little Mac for £34.50 it is still far more than I wanted to pay but it is OOS everywhere and I want to get all the Amiibo figures. So with that I now have all 18 available so far. I have pre-ordered most of wave 3a and 3b with exceptions being shulk and Rosalina because it seems you cannot pre-order those anywhere. Tesco and Argos do not even have wave 3 listed yet so hopefully I can pre-order those two from one of them soon .

Yep! ... even playasia have sold out of little macs! :o ... can't believe how popular these bloody things are! :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! ... even playasia have sold out of little macs! :o ... can't believe how popular these bloody things are! :confused:

Without numbers, it's hard to say, really. My local game only received 1 Wii Fit Trainer for example and hasn't had anymore in stock since launch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without numbers, it's hard to say, really. My local game only received 1 Wii Fit Trainer for example and hasn't had anymore in stock since launch.

Yeah Game near where I live had amiibo for £11.99 for a few days before ramping up the in store price to £14.99 and I am sure I saw a few Wii fit trainers and at least two marth figures before knowing about how rare they were going to be. However I never saw a villager or little Mac figure in store ever. And even with the £14.99 price tag I would have bought those two there rather having to buy from eBay at multiple the retail price. Also As a the only other place close to where I live to have Amiibo you can physically pick up and buy only ever has had half wave 1 figures. Mario, yoshi, pikachu, link, Kirby and donkey Kong and no wave 2 at all. So I ended up getting the majority of my Amiibo online from tesco as they were cheapest. I am still trying to pre order rosalina and shulk but cannot find anywhere accepting for those two figures. Looks like they are the rarest amiibo of wave 3 unfortunately.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm keeping an eye on argos / playasia (on a daily basis) because despite having all of em preordered from Amazon I can guarentee I won't get half of em on release day! :(

I'd want Metaknight most of all! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm keeping an eye on argos / playasia (on a daily basis) because despite having all of em preordered from Amazon I can guarentee I won't get half of em on release day! :(

I'd want Metaknight most of all! :)

The weird thing is out of the wave 3a amiibo (Rosalina, Bowser, Ike, Toon link, Sheik and Lucario) the one I want most is Ike even though I have never played a fire emblem game. I also want Lucario as I am a big pokemon fan and they have yet to make a Charizard (I REALLY want this amiibo so I am hoping for it) or Greninja (I do want it but not as much as Charizard).

Out of the wave 3b amiibo (Shulk, Sonic, Mega man, King Dedede and Meta knight) it has to be the Sonic amiibo I want most. The first video game I ever played was Sonic the hedgehog so I this is a must have for me.

It is a shame I cannot pre-order Shulk and Rosalina anywhere they are the last two I need (and that is if all the pre-orders go through and are not cancelled like I have read up about recently for the US). I am pleased I got a Mario question block amiibo case from Game in store a few days ago as it was only £10 down from £20 (and at least £15 online) and it was the last in stock it seems as they have not gotten anymore in since (I have been in regular checking amiibo stock). Only issue with the case is it can only store about 12 amiibo so I will have to get more cases lol.