Options

Has Bart McQueen been totally forgotten about?

bobby-lee 101bobby-lee 101 Posts: 688
Forum Member
✭✭
He is never mentioned by the rest of the McQueens or Sinead, which is strange as he was her first love, Myra said on numerous occasions that he was like a surrogate son to her now they never speak of him? The other McQueens that have left; Carmel, Mercedes, Jacqui, Michaela, Kathleen and even Tina and Niall are regularly mentioned so it's very odd why Bart is never mentioned :confused:

Comments

• Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One can only hope.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    He was a bad character and he didn't really fit in with the family.
  • Options
    Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    One can only hope.

Agree with quote. What a pointless character just like Theresa.
  • Options
    VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is never mentioned by the rest of the McQueens or Sinead, which is strange as he was her first love, Myra said on numerous occasions that he was like a surrogate son to her now they never speak of him? The other McQueens that have left; Carmel, Mercedes, Jacqui, Michaela, Kathleen and even Tina and Niall are regularly mentioned so it's very odd why Bart is never mentioned :confused:

All the ones in bold are mentioned once in a blue moon!! Kathleen is only ever mentioned when she's about to return. What a silly thing to say lol.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Michaela even mentioned when Carmel died?

Bart was a character in his own right and was just tagged in to the family to make him more appealable. He worked with Jason but they stuck him with Sinead instead and that makes anyone unlikeable. In doing so they killed the Bart/Jason story down to a few short episodes in the woods where he told Jasmine he loved her but not Jason. That story had potential.

His exit was an absolute joke it was like on of PM's exits. He was never part of the family though apart from when they were pushing the McQueens v Costello feud
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess he's forgotten since I have no idea who he is. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    He was a bad character and he didn't really fit in with the family.

I wouldn't say he was a bad character, he just didn't fit in with the family. They were not the right type for him.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,317
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    Was Michaela even mentioned when Carmel died?

Another character that deserves forgetting.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The McQueens don't even remember their dead, they were over Carmels death in a week, so its not surprise they never mention Bart.
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HO forgets characters two days after they die/leave.
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bart was alright till they formed the sixth formers from hell around him and Sinead then gave us the worst love story ever with them too running away together. Bart had potential but by the end he was one of the worst characters ever. The sixth formers were one of the biggest fails in Hollyoaks history
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    Bart was alright till they formed the sixth formers from hell around him and Sinead then gave us the worst love story ever with them too running away together. Bart had potential but by the end he was one of the worst characters ever. The sixth formers were one of the biggest fails in Hollyoaks history

Exactly that, yes. He wasn't bad at all when he was first friends with Jas/Jason. By the time he left, I was sick to the back teeth of him. Sinead should have gone as well, she's absolutely vile.

If they don't remember him, it'll be because the show expects its viewers to have zero memory. Plus he wasn't Kirkwood's creation, so he now officially never existed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bit harsh that bobbie-lee 101 has been banned when they got provoked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    llgx wrote: »
    I guess he's forgotten since I have no idea who he is. :p

The second fittest male McQueen, coming runner up to Louis Mmmmmmmm McQueen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Bart was mentioned in an episode just a few days ago, in which Myra or Nan, I can't recall, was discussing to (I think it was) Porsche about how the family need to stick together. She stated something about Jacqui and Bart being god knows where.. Can't remember exactly, but he definitely did pop up since Rick's death.

Also during the Katie storyline, his absence in Katie's life was mentioned very often. This was over a year after his exit, as Katie was born six months after he left, and Bart's absence was pointed out even up until Katie's death. I think Sinead said something about how Freddie looked after her after Bart abandoned her and even he betrayed her in the end by believing that she poisoned and killed her daughter.

Also, matter of opinion here, but Bart was a good character, well-acted too.
  • Options
    bobby-lee 101bobby-lee 101 Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bit harsh that bobbie-lee 101 has been banned when they got provoked.

Exactly lol thank you:) I'm back now tho x
  • Options
    Cloudy SnakeCloudy Snake Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Didn't the Sinead Roscoe actress date the guy who played Bart McQueen (after splitting up his relationship with his then girlfriend) and then dated the Freddie Roscoe actor, any more?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Hollyoaks do continuity?
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The McQueens don't even remember their dead, they were over Carmels death in a week, so its not surprise they never mention Bart.
    Some deaths have been gotten over in virtually the same episode it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Didn't the Sinead Roscoe actress date the guy who played Bart McQueen (after splitting up his relationship with his then girlfriend) and then dated the Freddie Roscoe actor, any more?

Yes, she did date them.
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was never mentioned or explained why Michaela didn't show up for Carmel's funeral infact I can't even remember when she was last mentioned either