100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    So greed is good?

No but I can understand that in a world that does value greed it could be a negotiating tactic for his next project. And personally I'd rather something money went to creative people than a bunch of hedge fund managers or bankers.

Nah you're right it's horrible.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    No but I can understand that in a world that does value greed it could be a negotiating tactic for his next project. And personally I'd rather something money went to creative people than a bunch of hedge fund managers or bankers.

Nah you're right it's horrible.

My guess was Peter Griffin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't seem unlikely.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    It was also used in the production of leather. Folk - unfortunate folk - used to go around from house to house collecting wee to deliver to leather producers. It softens the leather. These days they use something else, I think.

Yes, these were the tanners.

Elsie Tanner took on a whole new life as a character once I found that out. Thanks Tony Robinson and Worst Jobs In History! :)
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Yes, these were the tanners.

Elsie Tanner took on a whole new life as a character once I found that out. Thanks Tony Robinson and Worst Jobs In History! :)

I'm in shock.:o

That series was aired years ago but I only watched it yesterday.
    I come onto DS today and someone mentions it. :o

Sorry for going o/t. :blush:
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I hope not as I love him :(
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in shock.:o

That series was aired years ago but I only watched it yesterday.
    I come onto DS today and someone mentions it. :o

Sorry for going o/t. :blush:

It's a treat is that series. :)
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, people think Digital Spy Showbiz is all zelebs. Hell no, we do history as well.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Hey, people think Digital Spy Showbiz is all zelebs. Hell no, we do history as well.:)

Yes we do :)

Also I'm working on a PhD so sometimes you need to look at a zeleb to reassure your smarts :D
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Blind Gossip:

This funny actress has done both TV and films. She probably made several million dollars last year. She is certainly not hurting for money or work. However, back in her younger and less successful days, she sometimes found herself in the position where she had trouble paying the rent. She has told friends that during those lean years, she was too depressed about money to even bother filling out a tax return.

Even though the amount she owed was probably fairly small, the IRS wrote her letters for years, but the letters eventually stopped. Now she is worried that she owes the IRS some ridiculous amount of money in back taxes and penalties. Does the IRS stop chasing someone after twenty years?

I'm thinking either this is a hint or it could be Sookie St. James?
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    I don't know who Sookie is. Rachel or Monica?
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    I don't know who Sookie is. Rachel or Monica?
    Sookie is not a Friend. Just google the name. :)
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing it's the larger lady that's on-screen married to a man named Michael and not the blonde waitress that talks to creatures of the night?
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blind Gossip
    Before her husband, this famous actress had dated some of the most eligible men in the world. So we wondered why she would get married after dating this guy for such a short period of time.

Did she really think that this was the perfect man for her? Was she desperate to tie the knot? Was she pregnant? Did she feel her clock ticking? Did she think that this was her last chance at love?

We finally found out.

She got married because she loved the idea of securing an instant family! She was good friends with her fiance’s sister-in-law, and the friend was the one who actually pushed everyone into the fast marriage. “We’ll be like sisters!” Since her real sister/s does not live close by, our actress was enamored with the idea of marrying into a fun, close-knit family that included her friend.

However, once she got there… everything changed. She discovered that her friend was on the brink of divorce. Now that divorce is wreaking havoc on two marriages, because our actress feels like she is in the middle of an untenable situation.

"The pressure on [actress] is just too much! She is being asked to choose sides. She doesn’t want to be disloyal to [her husband] and his family, but she also doesn’t want to dump [her friend] either. She and [her husband] have been fighting non-stop about this for the past two months. It’s so bad that now BOTH marriages are in trouble!"

Got this almost straight away, I'm sure it's Princess Fiona, with the Sister In Law being the daughter of a man who dances on the ceiling. The brothers being the rockers who wrote the Chronicles Of Life And Death?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    Got this almost straight away, I'm sure it's Princess Fiona, with the Sister In Law being the daughter of a man who dances on the ceiling. The brothers being the rockers who wrote the Chronicles Of Life And Death?

It certainly sounds like that but I'm really struggling to see The Simple Life Girl & Princess Fiona having anything in common let alone best buds.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It certainly sounds like that but I'm really struggling to see The Simple Life Girl & Princess Fiona having anything in common let alone best buds.

As far as I'm aware, they weren't friends before Fiona married into the family. They seem to be pally now, but this just seems to have been twisted to fit the current rumours about Simple Life's marriage.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »

I did a search for Princess Fiona and one of the top stories about suggests that it is exactly who you say it is and also that Rich Tea has just moved next door to the Princess.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Blind Gossip:

Once upon a time, this female vocalists was hyped as the next big whistler. Since leaving her original record label last year, her former mentor isn't playing nice. The huge factor in their feud is her bad mouthing him behind the scenes. Wrong thing to do when her former boss has a huge ego. He is now intent on ruining her career. She is ready to release within the next month, but is having trouble getting airplay. Why? Her former boss is paying radio stations big money to blacklist her.

The female star tried to book a performance slot on a highly rated talent show. What was she thinking? She will never be associated with any of his show again. Maybe it will all get better in time.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    From Blind Gossip:

Once upon a time, this female vocalists was hyped as the next big whistler. Since leaving her original record label last year, her former mentor isn't playing nice. The huge factor in their feud is her bad mouthing him behind the scenes. Wrong thing to do when her former boss has a huge ego. He is now intent on ruining her career. She is ready to release within the next month, but is having trouble getting airplay. Why? Her former boss is paying radio stations big money to blacklist her.

The female star tried to book a performance slot on a highly rated talent show. What was she thinking? She will never be associated with any of his show again. Maybe it will all get better in time.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a648340/leona-lewis-confirms-the-release-date-of-her-new-album-i-am.html#~pdie7BqSjq5xad

:o:o
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That name flitted in my head when I read the blind.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    From Blind Gossip:

Wow. Paying money to blacklist an artist - can this really happen? I'm surprised this can happen
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    From Billy Masters:

Could it be that the sexy star of the now defunct second generation show is inching out of the closet? That's the scoop from people who say the stud showed up at a charity event with his beau in tow, ironically this event was perfectly in tune with his most famous character. The couple was clearly on the down low, but it was still a step up for this closeted cutie. Despite being in the fast lane, our boy is still as skittish as an unbroken filly.
  • CeeCee87CeeCee87 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3092018/Top-female-celebrity-granted-gagging-order-affair-famous-married-lover.html

This I'm really intrigued about.

A female celebrity that is a 'figure of public trust'?? Presuming 'boyfriend' is not famous.
    Married male is also a 'high profile celebrity', not sure about his wife.

Court proceedings held in Manchester. Isn't that close to ITV studios?
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CeeCee87 wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3092018/Top-female-celebrity-granted-gagging-order-affair-famous-married-lover.html

This I'm really intrigued about.

A female celebrity that is a 'figure of public trust'?? Presuming 'boyfriend' is not famous.
    Married male is also a 'high profile celebrity', not sure about his wife.

Court proceedings held in Manchester. Isn't that close to ITV studios?

The BBC has studios in Salford, so it could also be a BBC celebrity. Though I'm struggling to think of any ITV or BBC celebrity who I'd consider to be a 'figure of public trust'. Perhaps it's a politician?
This discussion has been closed.