Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    The Carphone Warehouse one with Keith Lemon.
    If he's supposed to be in Tokyo, why does it play the main theme from Enter the Dragon in the background - a film set in Hong Kong :confused:
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably already mentioned, the advert for one of the banks with the supposed 'cute kid' talking about his parents getting a loan/mortgage to buy a new house "so they could have me!".
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    All my friends are elderly well depends on what you mean by it. I am 64 and my friends range up to 76.

We all know how to surf the Internet and are not generally stupid and I am sure the teenagers know that if they want a job they will wear suitable attire (but not always the case sadly lol).

I used to TEACH I.T. for the elderly lol, and most of them were on there buying tickets for holiday and doing their shopping. My students ranged up to 93 in age lol.

I think Barclay's advert if its aimed at us old folk is condescending trash.

Actually the guy has a very good point. There are a lot of illiterate people out there and if you want the bargains you need to use your brain.

The amount of things I see misspelled is unbelievable.

Funny this old biddy has been using Ebay for years, and never once have i been done or had a bad experience. Perhaps because i am experienced and old enough to realise that there are scammers and counterfeits out there. Although I always stressed to my students you have to have the best malware and virus software on at all times.

I never buy from anyone unless they have the right feedback.

I actually don't mind the Barclay advert about the misspelling because its a good point. I told my husband the other day to misspell something he needed for his engine, and he found what he was looking for and got it dirt cheap too, as no one else had found it lol.

Great post - I was going to make the same points but you put it so much more eloquently! I'm an old biddy of 61 and I too know how to use the internet and that there are scammers out there etc.....not stupid just because we're over the age of about 35!
    Those Barclays ads really piss me off, if I had an account with them I'd have switched by now.
  • Options
    yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Probably already mentioned, the advert for one of the banks with the supposed 'cute kid' talking about his parents getting a loan/mortgage to buy a new house "so they could have me!".
    Creepy!!! And the bit about his parents living with Nanna and Granddad 'but they didn't like it'. No, I don't suppose Nanna and Granddad liked it much either. Get a place of your own before you get married or live together!
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    If he's supposed to be in Tokyo, why does it play the main theme from Enter the Dragon in the background - a film set in Hong Kong :confused:

Actually it's set on a island that is territory free.
  • Options
    JayDee279JayDee279 Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nudist in the AA ad ..... how, exactly, did he lose his car-keys? They didn't fall out of his f****** pocket!

The good news, though, is that Microsoft, having cured cancer, has now invented football. Or something.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

What is he even advertising... except himself?
  • Options
    catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »
    What is he even advertising... except himself?

Carphone Warehouse ?
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another plea... please, please get rid of the creepy Galaxy advert with the cyber-Audrey Hepburn.
  • Options
    TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even think of one. For some reason adverts seem to be a 30x speed blur these days.
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Under no circumstances would I either shop at or support the left wing biased Oxfam "charity", especially as now they have roped in the lovee millionaire Martin Freeman who is quite happy to let people suffer from his wife's self imposed bankruptcy. His cheek is breathtaking.
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    I just saw an advert promoting Scientology. It was a proper advert (shown on Channel 4)- but looked like it was imported from America maybe. I thought it was a bit weird.
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,477
    Forum Member
    Another plea... please, please get rid of the creepy Galaxy advert with the cyber-Audrey Hepburn.

Yes I agree get rid of that creepy / annoying Galaxy as.
  • Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    The one with the bear and the Mueller rice. What the actual is that crap about?
  • Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    macavity77 wrote: »
    Money Supermarket with the bloke in high heels. Weird and creepy.

Inspiration for Bruce/Caitlin?:p
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turbulence wrote: »
    I can't even think of one. For some reason adverts seem to be a 30x speed blur these days.

:D

Yep, god bless the inventor of the PVR.....
  • Options
    House of JonesHouse of Jones Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    piggypug wrote: »
    I just saw an advert promoting Scientology. It was a proper advert (shown on Channel 4)- but looked like it was imported from America maybe. I thought it was a bit weird.

I saw one during "The Good Wife" the other day. Very odd, and extremely vague - made loads of unlikely sounding claims about the good it has done around the world, but no specifics.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,130
    Forum Member
    I'm not impressed with Qatar Airlines advert and using a Beach Boys song. It so doesn't work imo and that song hasn't aged well either in my view. I think Qatar Airlines should have a look at how they go about their advertising.
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I'm not a blonde. I'm not a brunette. I'm a bronde!"

Just no. There is no such colour as "bronde".
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TripAdvisor is another muter. It's normal volume and then "BOOK" is "barked" by a dog at a bizarrely loud volume.
  • Options
    a11iea11ie Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I've seen an advert this afternoon for a UK holiday park/spa that seems to show a woman being boiled in a jacuzzi. I think it's the pink/reddish lighting combined with the woman jerking her head up & down.
  • Options
    Angelique_DormaAngelique_Dorma Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TripAdvisor is another muter. It's normal volume and then "BOOK" is "barked" by a dog at a bizarrely loud volume.

This one really riles me. And just how loud is the word BOOK? I thought advertisers weren't allowed to raise the volume of ads any more?
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I love the Sunny Loans advert......

"Fast, Flexible Loans with No Fees"

Only 1295% APR :o:o:o

So if you borrow just £1 on January 1st then by December 31st you will owe Sunny a total of £12.95.

Looks like a no brainer to me :p
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advert with purple puppet and East 17 song, who is the actor defusing in the corridor, he seems familiar?
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Are McDonalds doing bad ads on purpose? Did some ad man lose a bet? Where they asked to make the cringiest set of adverts imaginable?!

In the latest offering in a long line of embarrassing cringe fests, we now have a man and woman, presumably deciding they are made for each other because they happen to be ordering the same meal... and people said romance was dead!

Apparently. they're also a great place for first dates, or for soothing tensions between youths and old men. Is it me or do they have a hugely inflated view of themselves? :p

2nd in the cringe factor zone is Barclays, with their internet advice from OAP's. Yeah, that's a strange one.
This discussion has been closed.