Options

Sabrina the Teenage Witch (Appreciation Thread)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
(I know I've started two of these...but the first one just will not open! Fingers crossed this works...)

I thought I''d start a thread for Sabrina fans to talk about the show. Anybody who knows me will know just how much Sabrina means to me - it is the joint top most important thing in my life!

Anybody else like it?x

Comments

• Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is the joint top most important thing in my life!

How sad.:cry:
  • Options
    5340robert5340robert Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was good back in the day MJH was hot 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How sad.:cry:

Not at all!
    5340robert wrote: »
    Was good back in the day MJH was hot 2.

Well she is very pretty! x
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite series was the one with the family secret. Was driving me bloody mad 'til she solved it. "What's m'fire?".. hehe.

Honourable mentions to Valerie, Libby (:eek: whatta BITCH), Hilda (:D) and that teacher who was forever coming out in hives :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite series was the one with the family secret. Was driving me bloody mad 'til she solved it.

Honourable mentions to Valerie, Libby (:eek: whatta BITCH), Hilda (:D) and that teacher who was forever coming out in hives :confused:

Ha I was watching that episode today! And that teacher is Mrs Quick (Mary Gross). She's fantastic isn't she?!

Aviary m+fire of the ABCman FayWray+Sabrina+RobertELee is b+horn with a ball of twine. ♥
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Routine US kids show, but I do love the work of Lindsay Sloane, so any Valerie episodes are watchable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Routine US kids show, but I do love the work of Lindsay Sloane, so any Valerie episodes are watchable.

I do like Lindsay as Valerie (weird seeing her blond!)...but she was never my favorite friend from the show. Jenny was much preferred x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like Lindsay as Valerie (weird seeing her blond!)...but she was never my favorite friend from the show. Jenny was much preferred x

Crikey that takes me back. I went off it a bit once Sabrina went to college, got quite dull then.

BTW Gulftastic, it was shown at 9pm on a Friday in the US - not a kids' programme really.
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Loved Sabrina but how annoying were the constant cast change

Mr pool in season 1 vanished with no explanation
    So did the red head Jenny
    In came Valerie who got the book after series 3 except she was given a explanation
    Dreama never made it to series 5 and although she was a one series character, we never knew what happened to her
    Miles disappeared in series 7

And the worst thing was the aunts. Season 7 without the aunts was horrible. They should of not been allowed to leave. They were brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Sabrina, I was a 23 year old guy. When it was coming to an end...I'm still ashamed, and rarely mention it to anyone lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    Loved Sabrina but how annoying were the constant cast change

Mr pool in season 1 vanished with no explanation
    So did the red head Jenny
    In came Valerie who got the book after series 3 except she was given a explanation
    Dreama never made it to series 5 and although she was a one series character, we never knew what happened to her
    Miles disappeared in series 7

And the worst thing was the aunts. Season 7 without the aunts was horrible. They should of not been allowed to leave. They were brilliant.

I get in touch with the cast quite a bit and ask about these little glitches, so I shall try and clear them up for you...

According to Melissa, in the States teachers only tend to teach one year so as Sabrina grew older she no longer had Mr Pool as a teacher. He technically never left...he was just never in it!

We were never given an explanation for Jenny leaving, however Beaudoin was told that they wanted to go down a more ethnic route with Sabrina's friend so Jenny was dropped...and we were given Valerie (because Lindsay really fits the description there..!!) :rolleyes:

Valerie went to stay in Anchorage at the end of series three and never returned to Westbridge. Why they decided to drop the character though I do not know.

Dreama actually left about half way into series 4, maybe just over half way and you're right - no explanation has been given. I shall try and ask China.

And Lissauer was just told they would not be bringing Miles back for the final season. I do not know why this decision was made, and it seems no clear reason was given!

x
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

BTW Gulftastic, it was shown at 9pm on a Friday in the US - not a kids' programme really.

That says more about US tv than the programme, in my opinion. It was obviously kids telly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That says more about US tv than the programme, in my opinion. It was obviously kids telly.

Sabrina was definitely a kids' programme in the UK - it was on CITV and SMTV, and Nickelodeon. However it aired on ABC and later WB in the States - it was a family show there x
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who remembers clarrisa
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who remembers clarrisa

Course! But it wasn't as good as Sabrina!
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my season 4 dvd came today and i watched 6 episodes back t back :) I didnt really like season 4 back when i used to watch it on nick, but its good!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just to clarify, 9pm was the eastern time showing if my memory serves me right, so it would have been shown at 7pm/8pm for central/pacific times.

BTW no-one's mentioned Salem yet! :D
  • Options
    BlokeeBlokee Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sabrina was TeenTV at its best. Girls wished they were her, guys wished they could get with her. It had a talking cat, a MILF aunt and a nutty aunt. A good on/off love story (with Harvey) and a good long term secondry storyline with the Hilda, Zelda, Mr Kraft love triangle.

Gotta love Sabrina...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jde-tv wrote: »
    my season 4 dvd came today and i watched 6 episodes back t back :) I didnt really like season 4 back when i used to watch it on nick, but its good!!

I'm exactly the same! As a child I was not the biggest fan of season 4 but now it's one of my favorites!
    Blokee wrote: »
    Sabrina was TeenTV at its best. Girls wished they were her, guys wished they could get with her. It had a talking cat, a MILF aunt and a nutty aunt. A good on/off love story (with Harvey) and a good long term secondry storyline with the Hilda, Zelda, Mr Kraft love triangle.

Gotta love Sabrina...

Dare I ask...which is the MILF? x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dare I ask...which is the MILF? x

Mum I'd like to erm...shall we say Fornicate with...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zelda's the MILF I reckon, Hilda's the nutty one. ^^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member

She wants to know which one is the MILF , not what is a MILF.

I did like Salem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I said which witch, not what ;) Bethy?x
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I get in touch with the cast quite a bit and ask about these little glitches, so I shall try and clear them up for you...

According to Melissa, in the States teachers only tend to teach one year so as Sabrina grew older she no longer had Mr Pool as a teacher. He technically never left...he was just never in it!

We were never given an explanation for Jenny leaving, however Beaudoin was told that they wanted to go down a more ethnic route with Sabrina's friend so Jenny was dropped...and we were given Valerie (because Lindsay really fits the description there..!!) :rolleyes:

Valerie went to stay in Anchorage at the end of series three and never returned to Westbridge. Why they decided to drop the character though I do not know.

Dreama actually left about half way into series 4, maybe just over half way and you're right - no explanation has been given. I shall try and ask China.

And Lissauer was just told they would not be bringing Miles back for the final season. I do not know why this decision was made, and it seems no clear reason was given!

x

Thanks

What about the aunts?

Well cool you know the cast. It was fantastic show and the cast changes weren't a huge issue but always wanted to know why
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said which witch, not what ;) Bethy?x

Eek I wasn't paying attention clearly. Zelda was not. Hilda not so much...