Do you feel comfortable in your own skin?

Do you feel comfortable in your own skin? If not why and if you do why also? :)

Comments

• HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never tried anyone else's
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vickiev wrote: »
    Do you feel comfortable in your own skin? If not why and if you do why also? :)

I don't have any skin complaints, so yes.
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very much so, there's nothing I can do about it is there?
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you mean literally, yes, as long as I'm not withdrawing or sunburnt or whatever, if you mean it as an analogous question then not really, I get very anxious sometimes, plus I sometimes hate my shell. But shit happens and that's life, innit.
  • TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup it fits nicely and it's good and thick.:)
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, these scales chaff to buggery.
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, I would like to be in Claudia Sciffers skin. But beggers cant be choosers, Janice Battersbys it is :cry:
  • MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got chilblains at the moment, so no not that comfortable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ish. I need to lose weight. But I'm fairly confident, 'cause I know that as long as you're not 500lbs or Edith from Still Game (and even then, there's probably someone who would) then being at ease with whatever you've got is attractive enough to combat the imperfections.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again.

This is exactly the sentence that ran through my mind when I read the thread title! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I have to be, anyone else's wouldn't fit would it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    i read a quote by the artist nick cave saying 'i started to think of myself more as a black man as someone who was discarded, devalued, viewed as less' i just wanted to know, do other people feel like that as if what u look like or the colour of ur skin affects you?
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact I'm not sure what gender f*cks my head up. Like how I act, how I'm percieved, how like I can be to some people a pure girl and to others a pure boy, it's weird how people act differently around you in different guises. Gender's funny cuz it's such a false cultural rather than physical thing.
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when i see myself in photos i dont feel like the person looking back at me, its as if i need to get out of my own skin

what's that mean?
  • suki csuki c Posts: 6,083
    Forum Member
    mathertron wrote: »
    The fact I'm not sure what gender f*cks my head up. Like how I act, how I'm percieved, how like I can be to some people a pure girl and to others a pure boy, it's weird how people act differently around you in different guises. Gender's funny cuz it's such a false cultural rather than physical thing.

Mwahh - love yah whatevahhh :-D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm comfortable in my own skin, I think it's because I never compare myself to anybody else, I'm not superficial, I don't listen to petty judgement and being a good, honest person is very important to me, and as long as I achieve that everyday then I could only ever be comfortable in my own skin!
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rule.
  • BumblingBeeBumblingBee Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    No.

Don't get me wrong, I have moments where .. I guess I'm feeling okay, not thinking about it, it's not as if I'm damned to eternal torture about my body, but generally it ..horrifies me? I feel deformed.

I'm not panicking too much yet though, I'm 18, so maybe it's just one of these things, and it will come in time.
    That's what everyone says is it not? You'll feel so much better about yourself, be more confident in who you are etc., when you get to an age like 30 or something.

I hope so anyroad, I've never been happy with how I look or feel, but what do I know, as I said I'm 18.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God no. I hate being me. But the tension between what I want to be and what I am is what makes my life such a ridiculous sitcom, and I can appreciate the fun in that.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got sunburned yesterday. Still a bit painful today but not as much as yesterday.
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    I've been fat and now I'm quite muscular.I've always been comfortable whatever size I was.I think I was so comfortable because I don't give a toss what other people think about me or my looks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    I've been fat and now I'm quite muscular.I've always been comfortable whatever size I was.I think I was so comfortable because I don't give a toss what other people think about me or my looks.

Hmm, I'm just getting to that stage where my bones are slightly shrinking, but the same skin is still there (it's called wrinkling to the young btw!). I could do with some magic potion (not the knife :eek:) to just bring it all back as it should be.

So, I guess my answer is no, I am not comfortable in my own skin right now - but, it does come to us all in time! :p
  • broonalebroonale Posts: 5,472
    Forum Member
    Simple answer is no.

Who am I? What am I? Why am I?

All these questions.

Fact is, I know my physical and mental gender are at opposition constantly.

So I'm not happy in my physical state.
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am now. It took about 28 years to get there.