Options

Dancing on Eurosport!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,636
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's that time of year again! Dancing on Eurosport, not Eurosport 2.

Thursday 23rd December: 12.05pm (LUNCHTIME)- Latin Dancing from the Kremlin Cup (held in October) 55 mins long.

Saturday 25th December: 1pm- European Modern Dance Championships. 60mins long. (Also repeated on Eurosport 2 at 8pm)

It seems like the Kremlin Cup is repeated on Monday 27th December on Eurosport at 14:15pm but somehow seems to be 60mins.

Thursday 30th December: 21:30pm- World Masters Latin. 60 mins long.

That's all I can find at the moment. I tend to find it's easier with Eurosport to record everything just incase they've got the listings wrong. :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I don't have Eurosport but can buy a min-subscription and so I might take a look at these.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting the details - I must try and remember to watch! :)
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Thanks - will make good viewing whilst prepping for pre- and post-Xmas festivities!
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Will remember to watch - only just found out I had Eurosport :o:D
  • Options
    northernsoul54northernsoul54 Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for this!
    I have recently got Eurosport and was wondering if there would be dancing on again this year - I got my brother to record it all last year then hogged his tv for hours! Think he was a bit bemused :D
  • Options
    * Becca ** Becca * Posts: 4,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, that's a bit disappointing! I read somewhere that they were putting the World Latin on this year. I can't wait to re-watch the Kremlin Cup, though! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll keep checking to see if they do!
  • Options
    AngelaAngela Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you will be able to view from this link, but I can. Here's a link to the World Championships which were broadcast by ZDF. For anyone whom can watch, have fun!!

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitrag/video/1195916/Tanz-WM-Heisse-Rhythmen,-scharfe-Kurven?setTime=14&ref=nf#/beitrag/video/1195916/Tanz-WM-Heisse-Rhythmen,-scharfe-Kurven
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also on youtube if anyone can't see it off the site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPXhma0lM4U
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big huge thanks to Angela and Laura (above) for posting links to the world championships. VERY VERY much appreciated.
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Many thanks for both links. ;)

Contrary to tradition Yulia wore her long blonde hair loose, like a goddess taking a day off, spending it with us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Many thanks for both links. ;)

Contrary to tradition Yulia wore her long blonde hair loose, like a goddess taking a day off, spending it with us.

It was tied well back from her face though, not really loose.
  • Options
    AngelaAngela Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are all welcome!! Was happy to find it too!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kara has universal appeal. With no airs and graces she appears to be one of us, that gifted girl living up the road. Yulia gets up to so many interesting moves with Riccardo, showing symmetry and pictures with two sides, vibes about a duet greater than the sum of two partners. That natural hairdo is I believe unprecedented at the top of the world. I for one would like to see more of the same -- Yulia the goddess as one of us :eek: :D . Will have to save up hard to buy some £1000-an-hour lessons from her. :D:D:D

Joanna has incomparable technique, her bare back showing muscle definition which olympic champions dream about. But she does give out vibes of a lone goddess spinning on a mountain peak, her excellence hard to match even by her partner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Kara has universal appeal. With no airs and graces she appears to be one of us, that gifted girl living up the road. Yulia gets up to so many interesting moves with Riccardo, showing symmetry and pictures with two sides, vibes about a duet greater than the sum of two partners. That natural hairdo is I believe unprecedented at the top of the world. I for one would like to see more of the same -- Yulia the goddess as one of us :eek: :D . Will have to save up hard to buy some £1000-an-hour lessons from her. :D:D:D

Joanna has incomparable technique, her bare back showing muscle definition which olympic champions dream about. But she does give out vibes of a lone goddess spinning on a mountain peak, her excellence hard to match even by her partner.

Having now watched (thanks to posters above) the World Championships Michael looked a lot stronger and positive, and he and Joanna much more a partnership, than they did in the Kremlin event. Maybe losing the title cost him dear emotionally & he found it hard to rise to the Kremlin occasion? Also rumour still has it that Joanna intends to retire soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Kremlin Cup was held on October 30th, before the World on November 20th - I was present at both of these events.

The Kremlin Cup is intended more for the couples go out primarily to please the public, it's not so much a competition atmosphere, and so for sure Michael and Joanna didn't need to battle so hard there as they did at the World, especially as they had no challenge for the title in Moscow as Riccardo and Yulia weren't invited there. The Kremlin Cup really is quite defined how the lineup will be before the dancing even starts.

So at the World, they really had to pull out all of the stops to try to defend their title. The standard of dancing for all couples there for me was probably the highest I've ever seen it - I think all of them went above and beyond what I had ever expected to see from them, and that made it a great and so interesting competition to watch.

I haven't heard that about Joanna, still she is only a baby really, but I suppose her professional career has been already for the last 9 years, which is quite a long time . . . but I believe as a champion she wouldn't want to go out not having won all for one last time! So I think it wouldn't be anytime soon if rumours were true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dancing at the Worlds was definitely the highest I've ever seen as well. I'm not sure how the judges managed, especially choosing who to go into the final (bar the obvious ones).

I can't imagine M&J retiring any time soon (and REALLY wouldn't want them to), especially not with the recent defeat, I don't think anyone would..to me that'd look like the easy way out! I mean, I'm certain Bryan and Carmen lost a few dances way back in the day and still continued to compete and be at the highest standard possible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re Joanna retiring - this was picked up on at a practice session at a London studio from things said by Joanna herself. On the other hand, it's a woman right to change her mind!!
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    M&J can't retire :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be very weird without them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gaynor was world champion at ages 26 thru 38. Retired then came back to be crowned at age 40. Donnie's age I could not find from Google. I heard he was 46 last year, if so then he was champion at ages 20 through 34.

Bryan was world champion at ages 30 thru 38, Carmen 27 thru 35.

Joanna is a baby at 29, Michael 30.
    Yulia a baby too at 29, Riccardo's age not known.

Many happy returns to Joanna and Yulia from all your fans :) even though we are fighting each other :D .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donnie is 53.