Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilarious! I'm still not sure how much wind-up is going on there but whatever, it's a hoot. :D

(PS. There is wind-up going on, isn't there? Surely?)
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moireen wrote: »

I couldn't read the full article, I was laughing too much.:D
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure this should have been published on Sunday :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Have you seen this?
    https://twitter.com/#!/La_Brick

hahaahhaah
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read this article and can't believe she really thinks that about herself. Deluded in my opinion
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    What? They jealous cos you're beautiful??
    Did anyone notice her poses to the camera? Lol
  • lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    esfa wrote: »
    Have you seen this?

hahaahhaah

Wow, words actually fail me - Pwicey has a contender for her crown as the most deluded, self-obsessed nomark in the country:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that article must be a wind up! And it's a winner isn't it, look how many comments it's got. I think the DM commissions articles that are designed purely to wind the readers up. Thousands of people have logged in to tell her she's not all that:D
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    She's not exactly a natural smiler judging by some of those publicity shots.

I agree with the comment that says she should maybe focus on some of her flaws rather than putting it all down to her appearance.
    Have you seen this?

hahaahhaah

I assumed that was a joke account. :eek:
  • Flossie64Flossie64 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    She is that far up her own a**e she can't look in the mirror, i couldn't believe what i was reading. Surely it's a wind up, also read her comments on twitter... I am gobsmacked!!!! :o)

Flossie
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I didn't know they hired trolls at the Daily Mail!

Thought they would be a bit more professional than that.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen this?

hahaahhaah

Is that a genuine account? I refuse to believe that it isn't a wind up :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Is that a genuine account? I refuse to believe that it isn't a wind up :eek:

The twitter account is a parody. Mind you, given the Daily Fail article it could have been easily real, in any case it's not that for removed from reality. :D
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes this article so print worthy? Did she approach them, or is Liz Jones trying to throw the scent of a scandal she's been caught in?
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could almost believe that article was written by a deluded woman with an ego the size of a galaxy, but that twitter account is pretty strong proof it's all a piss-take. No way in hell is that serious!
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Twitter is making my day...

"Delivery man took one look at me, burst into tears, pulled off his wedding ring and stamped on it. Awkward."
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Samantha Brick a real person? :D
  • The DaneThe Dane Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I have to admit to not quite seeing what makes her so special. That said, I have yet to see her talk and move, as that does make a huge difference.
    I have no problems seeing a beautiful woman, and NOT envying her. I am what I am. She is what she is, and if she's beautiful, then she is beautiful, and a pleasure to watch, even for me, who prefers men and only men (or rather, my lovely partner, so, man;o)). And I do not mind when my partner finds a woman other than me beautiful or attractive. There are other women in the world, and chances are some of them will be prettier than me! As long as my man loves me, he can look all he wants.
    I cannot make up my mind as to whether it is a delayed April's Fool, or a woman who has delusions of grandeur.
    I had a colleague who persisted in maintaining, that all male colleagues were MADLY in love with her. I know for a fact they were more likely in love with another very sweet beautiful colleague, who had no idea they all adored her. Maybe this woman simply has to find excuses for all the fiascos in her life. Most things have a far more simple explanation than the ones we tend to make up out of worry or megalomania.
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to pass this on from http://newsthump.com/2012/04/03/samantha-brick-urged-to-buy-at-least-one-mirror/
    Samantha Brick urged to buy at least one mirror

So-called ‘journalist’ Samantha Brick has been urged to invest in some form of reflective device for the home after falling under the misapprehension that people don’t like her because she’s too pretty.

Brick wrote a compelling tale of life’s struggles from the point of a beautiful person, even though her apparent experience of such an existence is about as extensive as that of your average back-street carnival attraction.

“People just don’t seem to like me,” she wrote in the Daily Mail.

“I can only think it’s because I’m too good looking, what with me being beautiful and everything. Don’t you think I’m beautiful. I’m gorgeous aren’t I?” she continued, for approximately 1500 words.

“Here are a few dozen photos of me looking ridiculously good looking,” she concluded, apparently unaware that the photos contained thoroughly accurate pictures of her.
    Samantha Brick

People with vision above the level of a garden Mole have reacted with surprise at Brick’s claims, insisting doctors check her for some sort of head trauma.

Average-looking Simon Williams told us, “One can only surmise that she’s suffered some sort of catastrophic cranial injury, or what she thinks is a mirror is actually a life-sized poster of Jennifer Aniston.”

We asked those in her social circle what they thought of Brick’s claims, only to be told that her looks were of little importance to the people who actually know her.

As one acquaintance explained, “She couldn’t be more wrong. How she looks is completely irrelevant to me and everyone who has met her.”

“We don’t like her because she’s a deluded self-promoting narcissist who writes for the Daily Mail.”

Still crying laughing :D
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    She ought to be renamed 'Thick as a Brick'. What a sad, self-obsessed and deluded person she is - with a very ugly personality too (if true).

I thought April Fool's Day was on Sunday or has this yet been outed as a spoof? Someone's posted that she's said all this before, so maybe she is 'real'.

Whatever, it's got to rate as one of the highest comment pullers ever - I sent two and neither were published, so they aren't even showing them all and it currently stands at 17425 for the 'best rated' post.

She's being compared on Twitter to that other Daily Mail big-head, Liz Jones. :p
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »
    I could almost believe that article was written by a deluded woman with an ego the size of a galaxy, but that twitter account is pretty strong proof it's all a piss-take. No way in hell is that serious!
    That's what I thought at first, but can it be certain that the account wasn't made after the article appeared?
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    waz101 wrote: »
    Had to pass this on from http://newsthump.com/2012/04/03/samantha-brick-urged-to-buy-at-least-one-mirror/

“We don’t like her because she’s a deluded self-promoting narcissist who writes for the Daily Mail.”

Still crying laughing :D

Well that clears that up I suppose. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The twitter account is four hours old, it's not her. It's very funny though:) She may become my favourite DM personality, even over Ms Jones!
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After almost wetting myself laughing at the article, I was convinced it must have been published on April Fool's Day, but no? !

Honestly, does this woman HAVE a mirror in the house? Her nose is massive, and her teeth look weird. She isn't even pretty....
    Forum Member
    Butterface wrote: »
    After almost wetting myself laughing at the article, I was convinced it must have been published on April Fool's Day, but no? !

Honestly, does this woman HAVE a mirror in the house? Her nose is massive, and her teeth look weird. She isn't even pretty....
    She looks like a mixture of Antony Cotton (bobbly-nosed Sean) from Coronation Street, Rik Mayall and Kenneth Williams to me. Stupid bint!