Options

Danica & Rhian's Vilification - As Ugly And Stupid As The Aisleyne Vilification

Comments

• Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Nothing I've seen comes close to the vilification and de-humanization of Mo. Absolutely nothing!
  • Options
    GaditanoGaditano Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exodus2u wrote: »
    Aisleyne was a much better housemate - I can't remember her tweaking anyones nipples. Aisleyne was looked down upon because she was 'ghetto' with a glamour girl background plus she was really savvy and did not rely on her t*ts. She had 'character'

Agree totally. Aisleyne was far more shrewd and self-aware than the likes of Danica.

emptybox wrote: »
    I don't see why Rhian is always lumped in with Danica?
    It's Danica doing all the flirting. Not that there's anything wrong with flirting per se.

I haven't seen Rhian flirting with Ashley at all. Unless you count not kicking him in the nuts when he jumps on her bed as 'flirting'? :D

Yes, Rhian doesn't deserve to be grouped with Danica. She's less of a schemer.
  • Options
    OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So nipple tweaking is acceptable??

Absolutely. Between friends. In the kitchen. Surrounded by other (supposed) friends. As innocent as could be. Absolutely acceptable.
    Having a guy who you know fancies you crawl in your bed is acceptable when you have a boyfriend??

When that guy had been complaining that you were being to stand-offish and should relax as you guys are just friends? Absolutely. Absolutely she should be able to have any of her friends hangout with her... in a bed with another girl? in a room with 10 other people? on TV? after the guy had assured me and whined about how innocent it all is? Absolutely.

There is a ****ing witch-hunt. Absolutely.
  • Options
    Chief KegwinChief Kegwin Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed.

I think BB quite often exposes and reveals more about the people who watch it than the people actually in the house.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I don't think that the girls deserve the vilification they are getting. In particular, I haven't even seen Rhian being overly flirty so I don't know where Rhian gets to be implicated at all! Danica has certainly been more touchy feely than someone with a boyfriend watching should probably be but, she has since said that she has told the boyfriend she still wants to consider herself as single, so I guess she doesn't consider it an exclusive relationship.

She has made it clear to both Situation and Lorenzo that she's not interested in being more than friends and at least Lorenzo seems to be capable of understanding that so, really, I think any feelings of being 'led on' by the boys is entirely down to their inability to distinguish friendly flirting from seduction.

I don't quite understand where Aisleyne comes into the picture, though. The vilification of Aisleyne was primarily down to people believing her gangster-like VT and thinking that her copious tears in the house and her street vernacular were a sign of being fake. I don't remember anyone accusing her of leading men on (although, admittedly she did have an issue with Spiral at the end).
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I don't think that the girls deserve the vilification they are getting. In particular, I haven't even seen Rhian being overly flirty so I don't know where Rhian gets to be implicated at all! Danica has certainly been more touchy feely than someone with a boyfriend watching should probably be but, she has since said that she has told the boyfriend she still wants to consider herself as single, so I guess she doesn't consider it an exclusive relationship.

She has made it clear to both Situation and Lorenzo that she's not interested in being more than friends and at least Lorenzo seems to be capable of understanding that so, really, I think any feelings of being 'led on' by the boys is entirely down to their inability to distinguish friendly flirting from seduction.

I don't quite understand where Aisleyne comes into the picture, though. The vilification of Aisleyne was primarily down to people believing her gangster-like VT and thinking that her copious tears in the house and her street vernacular were a sign of being fake. I don't remember anyone accusing her of leading men on (although, admittedly she did have an issue with Spiral at the end).

Lorenzo has been flirting with Danica all day.
  • Options
    hilarybbfanhilarybbfan Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kewpee wrote: »
    Getting in the boys beds? Nipple tweaking? Showering and asking if they can be seen?

Moping because a child of a boy is in a huff with you?

Don't get me wrong, the boys are as bad, but the girls are not blameless.

It was in the show, Ashley wanted to get in Rhians bed, she said but Ashley that's inappropriate, I don't feel comfortable with that. He said but you do with Danica, she said but that's different, I don't want to be leading you on like you've accused me of before. He said, but we're friends aren't we, friends can lie in each others beds can't they? She said, but it's only a single bed too I just think it's bad..

He entirely pressured her into that, and I'm not even a Rhian fan but this is what was shown on the show.. did anyone else catch that? Will see if there's a clip online or something..

(Might have been this episode, in the comments someone says they agree with her saying she doesn't want to share a bed)

http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity-big-brother/episodes/friday-24-august-5
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    I think the worst thing about what is happening is watching the presenters on BBOTS try to fan up flames of hatred for the two young girls. That's immoral and depraved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, go to 10 minutes here.. he's trying to make her be in the same bed as him! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aZTdzvDMBM
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    I think they are all as bad as one another.

None of them are blameless.

Very true - however the HLs and BBOTS appear to only show one side of the story :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    achro wrote: »
    Lorenzo has been flirting with Danica all day.

The whole point is that there is a difference between flirting and seduction. Lorenzo flirting with Danica is no more serious than Danica flirting with Lorenzo or with the Situation. The Situation, on the other hand (and Ashley) are reading far more into it than there actually is.

Not that Lorenzo isn't equally smitten but he has the sense to know where to draw the line. He's not holding Danica responsible for his feelings for her and he's respectful of the boundaries that she has put on the relationship.
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    It was in the show, Ashley wanted to get in Rhians bed, she said but Ashley that's inappropriate, I don't feel comfortable with that. He said but you do with Danica, she said but that's different, I don't want to be leading you on like you've accused me of before. He said, but we're friends aren't we, friends can lie in each others beds can't they? She said, but it's only a single bed too I just think it's bad..

He entirely pressured her into that, and I'm not even a Rhian fan but this is what was shown on the show.. did anyone else catch that? Will see if there's a clip online or something..

(Might have been this episode, in the comments someone says they agree with her saying she doesn't want to share a bed)

http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity-big-brother/episodes/friday-24-august-5

I saw all that, but I have a problem with why Rhian didn't tell him to go boil his head?
    :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed.

I think BB quite often exposes and reveals more about the people who watch it than the people actually in the house.

Yeah. I like to pay attention to all three elements when observing much of "Reality TV":

The Audience... and how easily and eagerly too many of them are manipulated by...
    P Jones wrote: »
    I think the worst thing about what is happening is watching the presenters on BBOTS try to fan up flames of hatred for the two young girls. That's immoral and depraved.

The Producers, who have long been in the business of serving a culture of hate (and the culture of dumb too).

The actual show is often the least interesting thing overall. As a matter of fact TAR(s) is/are the only long running "reality" show(s) that remain well worth watching just for the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daemon666 wrote: »
    If any of my female friends were as 'friendly' as Danica then my wife would either stab them or divorce me. 'Friendly' is just downplaying exactly what they do.

'Friendly' is OK. 'Nipple tweaking' is not 'being friendly'.

You've never been on a stag night?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I saw all that, but I have a problem with why Rhian didn't tell him to go boil his head?
    :confused:

Some people don't like confrontation. They try to accomodate people because it's easier than arguing about it. Some people consider that a weakness, some just label it as "easy-going".

I'm pretty much the same. I don't dig in unless it's really important, usually I just follow the path of least resistance :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P Jones wrote: »

Constantly describing them as 'young girls' makes me shudder - they're not 12 year olds For goodness sake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because, the truth is that, though he can't handle it, in reality she should be able to lay about in a bed with her friend.

Without this ****ing bullshit resulting.

She has done nothing wrong. It is not a case of "it takes 2" or "they're all just as bad as each other". It is a case of these two women being denied the right to have friends.
  • Options
    SCOUSE-DUDESCOUSE-DUDE Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Err and who are you exactly to call people 'morons', 'cretins' 'hypocrites' etc simply for profering views you do not happen to agree with. This post is far worse than most I have read as it is truly insulting and reflects very badly on the you Your opinions are no worthier than anyone elses and your manner of offering them makes your opinion pretty worthless reading and just liberally sprinkling the word 'platitude' through you other replies to posters who are trying to disagree with you does not make it any less so.:mad:

Great post!
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting in the boys beds? Nipple tweaking? Showering and asking if they can be seen?

Moping because a child of a boy is in a huff with you?

Don't get me wrong, the boys are as bad, but the girls are not blameless.

I took it that she was just checking, rather than wanting to be seen.
  • Options
    BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    I took it that she was just checking, rather than wanting to be seen.

Pushing things against frosted glass does tend to make them a lot more visible.

It's quite a well-known phenomena.
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are programmed to flirt outrageously, its clear they do that a lot on the outside world and the guys they come across take it for what it is, as just a fit of flirty fun, but unfortunately for them they've come across Ashley and Mike who are not the type of guys they meet on the nightclub circuit and have developed deep feelings for them.
    I dont really think you believe that do you:confused:
    Mike is always on the scene. Hes described as much only recently. Ashley has a background thats not innocent either. So come on. They just want what they can get, so lets get real.
  • Options
    cheachea Posts: 7,827
    Forum Member
    I don't remember ash being a rinser...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    whats all this double standards rubbish?? i would agree with it but for the fact that Danica has a BOYFRIEND!! but is being very touchy feely NOT with a long time male friend but with a guy who she knows fancies her, all these women saying lts double standards just think if they would like to see there partner hugging a girl from behind, nuzzling them and tweeking the girls nipples or climbing into her bed in the dark to say goodnight with a touchy feely handshake and for him to say oh its just harmless flirting babe whats the problem - and did you hear her trying to explain what she said to her boyfriend before she came in- talk about tripping over your own words
  • Options
    SCOUSE-DUDESCOUSE-DUDE Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    I dont really think you believe that do you:confused:
    Mike is always on the scene. Hes described as much only recently. Ashley has a background thats not innocent either. So come on. They just want what they can get, so lets get real.

When I say Mike and Ashley are not the type of guys I mean they are emotionally immature and take the girls flirtatious nature as if there's some deep love happening instead of taking it as flirty fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,801
    Forum Member
    Hmm, I think the OP contradicts themselves with their opening premise. Danica is a self confessed flirt, therefore anyone accusing Danica of flirting is in accordance with what she herself has openly admitted.

Danica is no idiot, she'll be very much aware that her excessive flirting can be unpopular and even dangerous but she probably doesn't care, hence why she has taken it to its logical conclusion and chosen a career in the sex industry.

Everyone defending her on this is wasting their time, it is what it is.