Litter trays and smells

13»

Comments

• TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I use yesterdays news or if i run out catsan hygiene one, only time i have a problem with smell is the immediate after effect of a poo, no problem with smells of urine or anything
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use any litter. both my 2 go outside when they need to go it's great as I have no smells to deal with and nor the expense of buying cat litter:)
  • lem ramsaylem ramsay Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nw0307 wrote: »
    I have the Catit hooded litter tray. My Trollop loves it. She's a large cat and with a normal tray she used to sometimes have accidents over the edge of the tray as she likes to stand and pee. With the Catit one, the base has really deep sides so there's no more accidents. She goes around the box scratching the walls and door for about 5 minutes after her business as it's her weird way of dealing with toilet issues! I use Cat's Best Oxo clumping wood chip from Pets at Home. It looks expensive but a large bag lasts me 4 months and she uses the tray every day. When she pees the litter clumps into a gel like substance which just scoops out without any smell and it can be flushed down the loo. I found clay litter even Catsan did smell with urine but this just doesn't smell at all. I flush number twos down the loo and the wee just put it in the food bag bin as it's biodegradable.

I have the same litter tray and my cat does the same, he scratches the walls and door and makes a lot of noise.
    I think he is trying to clean his paws or that's what it looks like he is doing.