Shopto re-package items?

Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all. I recently order from shopto and got a 3ds game. It came along this morning but the seal was not an official Nintendo one. I immediately got suspicious as it looked as though it had been opened before and somehow a new seal placed around it. I had to go out so left it for a while. Well anyway just now I opened it and I checked for the Nintendo code that comes with the game and all the other stuff you get with 3ds games like the booklet was there. The thing that stood out to me was the cartridge was upside down in the case. Ok now it may have just been an error while in production but it does add to the original suspicion. I put the game into the 3ds after checking the cartridge itself (not that I could tell the difference between a legit and fake one anyway). I wondered if a save file from a previous owner would be on it. Well that is not the case and I decided to start a file. It is going ok so far. I just hope this is not a fake game, I keep wondering why the game was in the case upside down and had a different seal. Is it pre-owned being passed off as brand new?

Anyone else had this happen when ordering from shopto or any other gaming website?

Comments

• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2nd hand repackaged
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be that the cartridges are stored separate to the cases.

I don't use shopto.net anymore as they seem to have gone completely crap. Shame really as their prices and service use to be excellent.

Be warned though - some games from shopto aren't uk region so therefore its very difficult to trade them in!
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought a 3DSXL from ShopTo and they were the cheapest anywhere online or in store for it. Was delivered the next day and was all fully Nintendo sealed etc. Can't fault them for it. Perhaps you had purchased a second hand/refurbished game and didn't realise?
  • Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I bought a 3DSXL from ShopTo and they were the cheapest anywhere online or in store for it. Was delivered the next day and was all fully Nintendo sealed etc. Can't fault them for it. Perhaps you had purchased a second hand/refurbished game and didn't realise?

Well I suppose it did not state pre-owned or brand new on it but it did seem misleading as it was in the sale so I assumed it was brand new just in the sale. The packaging did not have a Nintendo seal it was a different type of seal and the cartridge was in upside down. It may have been like someone else said about them opening and storing the cartridge elsewhere before they ship out ( I know my town's main Tesco store when they used to have a game section they used to have the actual box for the game on show and had the cartridge/disc stored elsewhere). Well anyway the game works so I will give the benefit of the doubt this time.