album tracks that should have been released as singles ?

2»

Comments

• SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that "Love Don't Cost A Thing" from my most favorite singer James Otto would have been a great song for radio from his last album named Shake What God Gave Ya! :):):)

God bless you and him always!!! :):):)

Holly
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it wasn't for the nights Abba
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Ultravox - Little Mix - 'Stand Down' from Salute (Deluxe)

There's tonnes of Little Mix tracks that could've been released. They should be MUCH bigger. They don't get half the credit they deserve.

From DNA;
    Turn Your Face
    Going Nowhere
    Madhouse
    Pretend Its OK
    Love Drunk

Salute;
    Stand Down
    Boy
    A Different Beat
    Good Enough
    These Four Walls
    About the Boy
    Competition

They're just my favourites, there are other tracks that have commercial potential too that I'm not personally keen on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the nights Abba

One of my most played ABBA tracks on my iPod, would have made a great double A side, along with I Have A Dream.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly Murs- Change Is Gonna Come
    Doctor Who Specials- Vale Decem
    Weird Al Yankovic- Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna:

Good Girl Gone Bad: Breaking Dishes, Cry.

Rated R: Photographs (was very current in 2009), and Cold Case Love.

LOUD: After Only Girl, What's My Name, and S&M, the single releases should have gone: 4) Fading, then 5) Man down should have had a proper release.

Talk That Talk: Single releases should have gone 1) We Found Love, 2) Where Have You Been, 3) Drunk In Love, then whatever else (I lost interest in her by that time)

Lady Gaga:

The Fame: Boys Boys Boys, and The Fame

The Fame Monster: Dance In The Dark should have been released instead of Alejandro

Born This Way: there was so much potential on this album, but it ended up being an utter mess, what with her over-hyping the album, trying desperately to create controversy at every turn, and trying to act like the second coming for all the world's misfits. The whole Born This Way message should never have existed. She also needed to trim some of the fat off the album. Single releases should have gone 1) Edge of Glory 2) Fashion Of His Love 3) Government Hooker 4) Marry The Night 5) Scheisse. Also, the slow part of The Queen should have been a full song, and released as a sixth single.
  • 446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure that we all have favourite album tracks that we think should have been released as singles. Tracks that deserved to be heard by more people, or in some cases were better than the actual songs released as singles.
    Off the top of my head i'd go for -
    The Way It Used To Be - Pet Shop Boys from the album Yes 6/10, got bored
    Nice - Duran Duran from the album Astronaut gave up after 30s
    Some Where In Between - Kate Bush from the album Ariel awesome, thanks! Nice video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxKg5zXNjsI
    Happy New Year - Abba from the album Super Trouper. It was released in some counties but not here.

I will enjoy working my way through the recommendations here, thanks for the thread
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Kelly Clarkson has had a few missed opportunities for singles. The releases following My Life Would Suck Without You from All I Ever Wanted, should have been Don't Let Me Stop You, Save You and Ready. And from Stronger, she should have opened with Let Me Down, then What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger), then gone for Mr Know It All, followed finally by I Forgive You.

I always feel like Adele should have released Daydreamer from 19.

Mobile, Naked or My World would have been better second/third single choices for singles from Avril Lavigne's first album.

Schoolin' Life from Beyonce's 4 would have killed it.

Believe Me from Ellie Goulding's Bright Lights had potential, as do quite a few from Halcyon Days - they're all a lot better then the 50 Shades drivel she released.

Girls Aloud's Black Jacks and Girl Overboard sound like they could have been hits.

OneRepublic's Native album had quite a few potential hits, a few have been released more so in the states, but a few missed opportunities over here, with Counting Stars being so big in the UK.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kings Cross - Pet Shop Boys