Gracie Wickens-Sweet

JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
Forum Member
✭✭✭
That little girl is headed straight into a gold-plated career as a leading lady in musical theatre, in the West End and on Broadway, no question. I see her as the new Julie Andrews.

Comments

• Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is very good and has a very mature voice for her age. It is sad that she didn't get through to the final.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really couldn't take to her at all.
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just like all the other child singers on BGT, you'll never hear from her again most likely.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    JohnCurry wrote: »
    That little girl is headed straight into a gold-plated career as a leading lady in musical theatre, in the West End and on Broadway, no question. I see her as the new Julie Andrews.

Err. She's a little girl. Hard to say what she'll be doing by the time she's the right age.

Not to say it doesn't happen. Anna Kendrick was nominated for a Tony Award at age 12 and wound up back on Broadway as a leading lady in her 20s. Lea Michele was on Broadway in Les Mis at age 8, and like Kendrick wound up back there in leading roles in her 20s. I'm sure there are young actresses on the West End who've had similar career tracks (Andrews, of course, being the best known example).

But proclaiming someone "the next Julie Andrews" is a pretty heavy burden to place on anyone.
  • hellomoto977hellomoto977 Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually preferred Gracie's performance to Maia Gogh's despite her being younger and having less hype, she was brilliant!
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Well I thought she was very good and was disappointed she didn't get through. I think perhaps the GBP are getting fed up with children on these programs now, except all the dance groups which seem to be popping up. Now I am getting bored with them now.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    Well I thought she was very good and was disappointed she didn't get through. I think perhaps the GBP are getting fed up with children on these programs now, except all the dance groups which seem to be popping up. Now I am getting bored with them now.

Maybe the answer is to have an under 16s version of the show which would give the kids more chance.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the answer is to have an under 16s version of the show which would give the kids more chance.

That is such a good idea as I wouldn't watch it. :D

I was a Butlins Redcoat and the Children's Talents Comps were dreaded.
    Parents pushing their kids, majorettes marching, horrible Highland Flings, dreadful disco dancing, screeching 'singers'............and on........and on.........and on.
    Awful, awful, awful. :cry:
  • Yorkshire SteveYorkshire Steve Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Singing acts who have not been taught how to sing properly can soon find themselves in trouble. Kids are very susceptible to this as some have got pushy parents who want them to be in the limelight at any cost. Some kids and amateur singers sing from their throats and not from their diaphragms. The get a bit of success on BGT or X Factor and are rushed into lots of live performances and recording sessions. 12 moths down the line, they are having surgery to remove nodules from their vocal chords and never seem to get over it.
    This kid seemed to be singing properly as if she'd had lessons, so hopefully her voice will mature correctly. Parents, please be careful when you push your kids too far too fast.
  • kandinskikandinski Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The other girl came across quite badly,in fact she reminded me of the little girl with the designer dresses in Nanny mcphee 2!
  • Jane_Lee3Jane_Lee3 Posts: 1,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnCurry wrote: »

Absolutely agree. She was amazing.

It's a travesty that she didn't get through to the final.

Some very average acts are in the final. It's gonna be the worst final ever.