Channel 4 has destroyed The Simpsons

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    DVDfever wrote: »
    While I know it's the broadcast versions that get bleeped, given that the DVDs aren't, how is it "intentional"?

Answer is - it's not. Fox are notorious for bleeping out such language. That's why Ramsay's shows are bleeped in the US but unbleeped over here (BBC3 just can't be bothered to obtain an unbleeped version, but then let's face it they can't be bothered to run a proper TV station either)

The episodes are made with the bleeps because Fox doesn't allow strong language on its prime time shows(I think they only allow up to TV-14 ratings), this is then unbleeped for the DVD and Adult Swim airings. BBC3 buys the episodes from Fox so they get the bleeped versions. The same goes for the bleeps in American Dad. Its nothing to do with the BBC editing the show.
  • NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orion wrote: »
    I think 6pm is too early to broadcast swear words, and that includes 'bloody'. I don't care whether such language might be heard in school playgrounds, I hold Ch4 to a higher standard than school children.

bloody in america means something different than it does here, think fanny:D. C4 don't seem to bother much with the simpsons , the website at channel4.com hasn't been updated since 2004 and the last season they advertised was season 13 a couple of years ago. They dont even give new episodes the 9pm treatment anymore, instead airing them - if any - at around 4pm on sundays under the T4 block of programmes.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They dont even give new episodes the 9pm treatment anymore, instead airing them - if any - at around 4pm on sundays under the T4 block of programmes.

That's because they paid far too much for eps that people had either already seen on Sky, or just didn't want to see. And there wasn't a draw for them in primetime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    bloody in america means something different than it does here, think fanny

I don't think "bloody" means anything in America, except something being literally "bloody". I don't think it's a euphemism for someting. It's considered a British expression, which is why so many British characters on American shows say things like "bloody" and "blimey".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    For that matter, 'fanny' means something different in America. It's a completely innocuous word for 'bottom' there.
  • rossm2008rossm2008 Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see the episode earlier on channel 4 today where Marge is comissioned to paint a portrait of Mr. Burns? There is a scene where Bart, Lisa and Homer go down a slide and Bart yells 'Bitchin', which was cut.

Utterly pathetic editing yet again, yet they left the scene at the end where Mr. Burns' genitals are almost exposed in the portrait.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Fraudcast News" was on today on C4 with Willie's line "I reviewed the tractors... They're all SHITE!" surprisingly left in. Well done C4!
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    "Fraudcast News" was on today on C4 with Willie's line "I reviewed the tractors... They're all SHITE!" surprisingly left in. Well done C4!

I'll wager they didn't do it on purpose.:D
  • TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had to rewind it to make sure I heard it correctly!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tungsten wrote: »
    I had to rewind it to make sure I heard it correctly!

Exactly what I did! I wasn't paying attention to the episode till I heard it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Probably not as bad, but I was surprised they kept the female vampire going on about her the size of her "Boooobs". Seems like the kind of thing they might've censored out considering half the stuff that gets censored.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whereabouts does that come in the episode?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Whereabouts does that come in the episode?

Right near the end
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9ct mould wrote: »
    Right near the end

Ta. Just had a look. That's proof that there's just one laugh in season 15 ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ta. Just had a look. That's proof that there's just one laugh in season 15 ;)

Funny how that episode was the season 15 finale as well but what is your review of the simpsons 15th season?
  • AbacaAbaca Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Big Fat Geek Wedding, Simple Simpson and Fraudcast News are probably my favourites from season 15.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    godzilla55 wrote: »
    Funny how that episode was the season 15 finale as well but what is your review of the simpsons 15th season?

From whatever I've seen of it, which isn't a great deal because anything past season 11 is basically dead, has been completely laugh-free.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In tonight's show, The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace, Homer shoots Marge in the face with a make-up gun. Her reaction "Homer! I think you've got it set on '****!'" is cut to "Homer!"

What a childish edit.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Didn't see the point in starting a new thread, but wasn't the episode on tonight on just like last week or something?:confused:
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c4 seem to have their favorite episodes and keep repeating them over and over again
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    c4 seem to have their favorite episodes and keep repeating them over and over again

Definitely, don't know why, there's nothing particularly great about the one repeated this evening.:confused:

Now I think about it, the ones being repeated seem to be 'feel good' stories with 'messages. Or is that just me reading too much into it?:D
  • AbacaAbaca Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're showing season 10 at the moment, which they seem to show every other season i.e. S10, S15, S10, S9, S10 etc...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 4 are currently showing "I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can" post-watershed and left the lines in that are at this link in. Are they usually cut pre-watershed for this episode if anyone's seen it? That site says only Sky1 but I know it's not regularly updated. And I can't see Channel 4 leaving that line in pre-watershed going by what they have cut before! :eek:
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no way that "Wanking Time" line is left in during the teatime editions.
  • countesscountess Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Subrosa wrote: »
    I was in a shop once and 'Never Be Lonely' by The Feeling was playing and 'bloody' was censored in that :eek:.

Off topic, but I can beat that!

I was in a shop and the line 'All the best women are married, all the handsome men are gay' was cut out of Robbie Williams 'Love Supreme'.

Offensive to spinsters?
    Offensive to straight men?
    I still haven't worked it out.