Options

Problem with Hudl

peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
Forum Member
My Hudl has stopped working, the screen is empty and when I tried to recharge the battery nothing happened, no red light. Can anyone help, Please?

Comments

• Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure the charger isn't broken? Can you try charging another way, for example via USB from a PC?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Try the first three steps here on the hudl support site;
    http://ttselectrical.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3689
    Let us know if you have tried these and as above try another usb charger?

Do not go for a reset though as it states in that article, that may not be needed yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the advice Stig and Lettice, I will let you know how it goes. Amazingly my neighbour has just rung me to say that her hudl has also stopped working.
  • Options
    kirstiemcnabbkirstiemcnabb Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Have a hudl and a hudl2 and both good today
    When the battery is drained it does take about an hour of charging to come alive, no lights
    my galaxy tab4 does this too, must be android thing, not seen it happen on iPad like that
  • Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    The charging port (microUSB) on the Hudl is very fragile. Try plugging it in, then as you lay it down, place your finger under the microUSB plug to slightly raise the bottom of the Hudl and see if it starts charging.
    If it is broken and less than a year old, Tesco should honour a replacement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nvingo wrote: »
    ...place your finger under the microUSB plug to slightly raise the bottom of the Hudl and see if it starts charging.
    Too late for edit, but the one I tried gives and audible ding when it recognises the charger is attached.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nvingo wrote: »
    Too late for edit, but the one I tried gives and audible ding when it recognises the charger is attached.
    Yes mine gives a couple of dings, but even if I leave it charging all night there's still nothing on the screen.
    I have tried everone's tips and suggestions, still no luck. I rang Tesco help person, but the fact that the Hudl was bought 14 months ago doesn't help :( My very kind sister has ordered me a Hudl2, so fingers crossed I get better luck next time. I do think it shouldn't have packed up after such a short period of time, though. I feel annoyed, really.
    Many thanks to you all for taking the time x
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    Curious. My Hudl 1 never dings when I put it on charge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    Curious. My Hudl 1 never dings when I put it on charge.
    I think it dings if it's shutdown or battery depleted, but not if it's just in standby.