Options

Signal Box on EE

Comments

• Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No as it's a different network, the signal works on different frequency allocations it just happens they share the mast and cell.

MBNL is 50% owned by each company and is a RAN share, a lot of stuff is still separate and they are both separate networks.
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Well that's just bloody brilliant. Got my 2nd SignalBox and tried to activate it today only to find you can't have more than one box registered against a single number. Amazing!
    When I ordered it they told me it was fine, I double checked.
    Bolloky bolloky bollocks!!! :mad:
  • Options
    wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Well that's just bloody brilliant. Got my 2nd SignalBox and tried to activate it today only to find you can't have more than one box registered against a single number. Amazing!
    When I ordered it they told me it was fine, I double checked.
    Bolloky bolloky bollocks!!! :mad:

can u just get an tmobile pay and go sim and try and reg it against that? (would that work?) think ive got the tmobile activation line number here too from when i had my signal box
  • Options
    Forum Member
    can u just get an tmobile pay and go sim and try and reg it against that? (would that work?) think ive got the tmobile activation line number here too from when i had my signal box

Now that is a damn fine idea. I would need to actually use it though surely. To keep it activated. Make a short call every now and then? Does PAYG credit run out these days or could I make £10 last a year or two? What's the cheapest 3G handset I can pick up? Sorry, too many questions.
    Hmmmm, may need that number from you. Nice one. Thank you.

EDIT: Looks like I could get a Samsung GT-E1190 for 20 quid on Amazon (3G amazingly) and then just get a SIM only from Tmob. Would that work?
    DOUBLE EDIT: Will they let you register a box against a SIM only plan?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha i have no idea, cant see why not your still a paying customer. the number you will need to activate it, if you do or are allowed to is 08009563146 :p thats the one i used for tmobile , be interesting to see if its possible, could just get a free p and g sim or one from poundland, reg the sim then call up and see if u activate the signal box.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah but don't you have to actually put it in a phone to activate it? I have an iPhone 5. Can't try to jam a regular or mini sim in there :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dunno these bloody iphones:rolleyes:;) i suppose you'd have to have the account/sim reg at an address for the femto,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just orderd a free sim from T-Mobile.
    Might get one of these http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-E1190TAAO2U for £20 to put it in.
    Then call up and see what happens.
    Thanks for the number by the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My mate is on Orange. Going to get him to call up and see if he can get it activated.
    Anyone know what the Orange activation number is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone else having trouble getting box connected. Mines dropped off. Rang EE and they said there are issues at the mo.
  • Options
    jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No issues here. - just tried a call and got the tone.
  • Options
    jcwackyjcwacky Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    No probs here. In fact I just got to the bottom of the issues I was having with the upload connection. I'd not setup the QoS correctly at my router, made a few tweaks, and now I can make a perfect sounding call even if my online backup is at full speed! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Been trying for two weeks to get a signal box. Even offered to change my phone to 3G. They said they are not for sale yet.

Hello

Further to our conversation today I can confirm the information we have been given is that Signal Box is not currently available to EE 4G consumer customers. It is only currently available to Orange UK and T-Mobile UK pay monthly customers.

Kylie Lanni

Android Support - Team 6
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jcwacky wrote: »
    No probs here. In fact I just got to the bottom of the issues I was having with the upload connection. I'd not setup the QoS correctly at my router, made a few tweaks, and now I can make a perfect sounding call even if my online backup is at full speed! :)

Can you tell me what QOS settings you used? What protocols need to be given priority?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dgj66 wrote: »
    Been trying for two weeks to get a signal box. Even offered to change my phone to 3G. They said they are not for sale yet.

Hello

Further to our conversation today I can confirm the information we have been given is that Signal Box is not currently available to EE 4G consumer customers. It is only currently available to Orange UK and T-Mobile UK pay monthly customers.

Kylie Lanni

Android Support - Team 6

how stupid when EE4G uses the tmob and orange 3G signal for calls
  • Options
    jcwackyjcwacky Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Can you tell me what QOS settings you used? What protocols need to be given priority?
    Thanks

I just gave all TCP and UDP ports from the cell's IP address Highest priority, and it worked a treat. UDP is important, and make sure your rule is at the top of the list.

Unfortunately I just got Virgin Media installed today, and their router doesn't do manual QoS, so may need to by a new Tomato compatible router.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jcwacky wrote: »
    I just gave all TCP and UDP ports from the cell's IP address Highest priority, and it worked a treat. UDP is important, and make sure your rule is at the top of the list.

Unfortunately I just got Virgin Media installed today, and their router doesn't do manual QoS, so may need to by a new Tomato compatible router.

Thanks. What was the make and model of the router that you got the QOS working on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, panic over. When I attempted to activate the 2nd box EE must have replaced my 1st boxes IMEI With the 2nd ones IMEI.
    Called up tonight, got a really good guy who realised what had happened and reinstated the 1st box's IMEI. 5 minutes later and green light is on.
    All is well with the world Hahahaha
    Getting my mate to activate the other box on his Orange PM account.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Well, panic over. When I attempted to activate the 2nd box EE must have replaced my 1st boxes IMEI With the 2nd ones IMEI.
    Called up tonight, got a really good guy who realised what had happened and reinstated the 1st box's IMEI. 5 minutes later and green light is on.
    All is well with the world Hahahaha
    Getting my mate to activate the other box on his Orange PM account.

Why do you need two femtocells Devonbloke?
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gouledw wrote: »

Don't know, but at this rate he'll have more 3G cells than O2:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!!
    My kids must asked me why I suddenly started laughing.
    Good one.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Bit of a long story. One for my farmhouse (bunker) with 3 foot thick walls.
    The other one is at my mates place 12 miles away. I'm staying there while my divorce goes through.
    When I get back to the farmhouse I may put one either end (it is a little weak at the extremities) or I may be getting a workshop in a barn next door. So would need it in there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Bit of a long story. One for my farmhouse (bunker) with 3 foot thick walls.
    The other one is at my mates place 12 miles away. I'm staying there while my divorce goes through.
    When I get back to the farmhouse I may put one either end (it is a little weak at the extremities) or I may be getting a workshop in a barn next door. So would need it in there.

Devonbloke, have you considered getting PLA for your femto's? this gives you flexibility of where you want to put it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Devonbloke, have you considered getting PLA for your femto's? this gives you flexibility of where you want to put it.

Sorry mate, you've lost me. PLA? What's that? I'm a computer bloke so I should probably know what you're on about!
    Life's tough at the mo, help me out. :)
  • Options
    paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry mate, you've lost me. PLA? What's that? I'm a computer bloke so I should probably know what you're on about!
    Life's tough at the mo, help me out. :)

Maybe power line adaptor