Options

Will the British media avoid the final reslut until UK Gold's Friday show?

Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
Forum Member
When American Idol finishes every year, It gets spolied by the UK media when they put it on the papers and teletext. People have complained about that I have heard. What's in Store for Dancing with the Stars? Same?

Comments

• Options
    QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    When American Idol finishes every year, It gets spolied by the UK media when they put it on the papers and teletext. People have complained about that I have heard. What's in Store for Dancing with the Stars? Same?

I think the answer is a big no.

In the London Evening Standard tonight is a full page article about the Spice Girls being in the studio last night and including who scored what. So I expect that we will find out where Mel B finished tomorrow regardless if she wins or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quizmike wrote: »
    I think the answer is a big no.

In the London Evening Standard tonight is a full page article about the Spice Girls being in the studio last night and including who scored what. So I expect that we will find out where Mel B finished tomorrow regardless if she wins or not.

You can watch the whole thing on youtube! Dance4fun22 has the whole show there at the moment!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    No they wont avoid it, as i just accidently found out when reading the sun newspaper online. Gutted, i so didn't want to know untill i watched it.

So if you dont want to know, dont read the sun. :mad:
  • Options
    uktiggeruktigger Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    OR the BBC News website
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,586
    Forum Member
    Or our very own DS ^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    dbrosedbrose Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Can you do me a favour and write to DS, the more people that writeto them the more people can show they are annoyed about this.

I have just written via the Contact Us at top the following:

I have been a reader of Digital Spy for quite a few years now and I realise that you are a source of entertainment information - for the UK.

May I say how disappointed I am that on the first page today you have announced "Mel B comes second in 'Dancing' final". This is fantastic news and I would have like to have waited till it was at least broadcasted in the UK on Friday evening before it hit the front page.

Should it be normal practise to post something on a UK website the results of a programme that will ultimately 3 days later be broadcast. DS does this with X Factor and posts the results the same night I can live with that as I know not look at DS till I have watched it the following day but you have made this one impossible.

Thanks once again...