Options

.::The Pixie Lott and Trent Whiddon Appreciation Thread::.

Comments

• Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

They are exactly the standings on the poll yohinnchild linked, [thread=2026609]Final 8: Who do you want to WIN Strictly Come Dancing?[/thread], at the time when I made my post.

They are also not far from the standings now:
    Caroline Flack 		41 	17.90%
    Frankie Bridge 		31 	13.54%
    Jake Wood 		39 	17.03%
    Mark Wright 		15 	6.55%
    Pixie Lott 		43 	18.78%
    Simon Webb 		24 	10.48%
    Steve Backshall 	17 	7.42%
    Sunetra Sarker 		19 	8.30%
    Voters: 229.

Sorry you're right. It was early in the morning and I am getting on a bit. Excuses excuses!
    Good to see Pixie in the lead right now. Some of the MF must be tearing their hair out:D
  • Options
    nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Make sure to get your votes in tonight. We can't afford to get complacent. :)

I think their Charleston has the potential to be sensational. I think it also has the potential to go badly wrong and have timing issues (given how fast it appears to be). Here's hoping! :)
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Charleston's, and didn't like the music. Not sure I liked this dance and I'm glad they've got it out of the way. I thought Pixie looked fab - not her best dance but then it wasn't Trent's choreography and this is probably why it let her down a tiny bit. I thought it did anyway. I always vote every week for her though so she gets my 3 free online votes each week. Well done to them both though, it was a very fast complicated routine.
  • Options
    Matt&AlionaFanMatt&AlionaFan Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad they have the Charleston out of the way. Also my least favourite dance spoilt by the music which should not have been used for a Charleston imho. But saying that the execution was fab and there was so much content Pixie did so well to get through it without any major errors. They got all my votes as usual.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    The choreography was mental and so FULL... but loved it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed that an awful lot more than I had expected, had a smile on my face the whole way through. Nobody does bonkers quite like Pixie and Trent!
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was amazing and she really deserved 10s from Len and Darcey based on their other scoring. Jake not technically perfect but got 10s?

Darcey seems determined to find the slightest thing she can point out ever since she gave Pixie that 10 a fortnight ago. Joint 3rd on the leaderboard is actually in the dangerous mid table position with so few left!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    teeswolf wrote: »
    I thought it was amazing and she really deserved 10s from Len and Darcey based on their other scoring. Jake not technically perfect but got 10s?

Darcey seems determined to find the slightest thing she can point out ever since she gave Pixie that 10 a fortnight ago. Joint 3rd on the leaderboard is actually in the dangerous mid table position with so few left!

not worried yet but this was my least favourite Trixie routine. but to be fair it was intense - perhaps too much so and didnt include enough snappy comedy choreo - but it was still up there with the top runners.

Jake's youtube vids views are double Pixie's BUT Pixie's views are double Frankie's.

Come on Team Trixie make your next dances count!! Can anyone remind us what the remaining dances they might get are?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    L_duncan wrote: »
    not worried yet but this was my least favourite Trixie routine. but to be fair it was intense - perhaps too much so and didnt include enough snappy comedy choreo - but it was still up there with the top runners.

Jake's youtube vids views are double Pixie's BUT Pixie's views are double Frankie's.

Come on Team Trixie make your next dances count!! Can anyone remind us what the remaining dances they might get are?

If all goes well they have the VW, AS, Salsa, Cha Cha and AT left. Is that all? There must be another one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The ones I want to see most are Salsa, Cha Cha and AT

I'd happily lose the VW as really its a bit of a meh dance - yes it can be beautiful but I find the other choices more appealing - plus I wanna see Trent's choreography for the other dances
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ones I want to see most are Salsa, Cha Cha and AT

I'd happily lose the VW as really its a bit of a meh dance - yes it can be beautiful but I find the other choices more appealing - plus I wanna see Trent's choreography for the other dances

We have a slight difference as I would love to see them do the VW. I'm assuming it will be Salsa or AT that they miss otherwise due to bad planning they could spend four weeks leading up to the final doing dances with lifts!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We have a slight difference as I would love to see them do the VW. I'm assuming it will be Salsa or AT that they miss otherwise due to bad planning they could spend four weeks leading up to the final doing dances with lifts!!
    there's for and against them all but hope they dont do AT - altho my favourte dance by a mile it requires a lot of expertise and the choreo has to be spot on if it is to look right and the onus is on the female dancer -- which is partly why i commented on Simon's.

so hope they get ballroom next
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'd love them to do a viennese waltz too. Not fussed on the salsa at all, and of their remaining dances I'd say thats the one that would suit them the least.

Must be ballroom this week surely, it feels like ages since their foxtrot. I love watching them in hold, they're so in sync.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mascot wrote: »
    I'd love them to do a viennese waltz too. Not fussed on the salsa at all, and of their remaining dances I'd say thats the one that would suit them the least.

Must be ballroom this week surely, it feels like ages since their foxtrot. I love watching them in hold, they're so in sync.

If the around the world vt was right they will be doing the Cha Cha which will be a good dance for them and show that Pixie does not have leg issues it was the charleston choreography that made her look like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If the around the world vt was right they will be doing the Cha Cha which will be a good dance for them and show that Pixie does not have leg issues it was the charleston choreography that made her look like that.

I do want to see them do a cha cha, but that would make 3 latin in a row. I'd rather they kept that for the semis (assuming they get there) and miss the salsa. If they end up missing out the VW or the AS I will be very disappointed. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do want to see them do a cha cha, but that would make 3 latin in a row. I'd rather they kept that for the semis (assuming they get there) and miss the salsa. If they end up missing out the VW or the AS I will be very disappointed. :(

on the other hand, i think their ballroom will be higher scored ( remember their Come Away with Me waltz right at the beginning of the competition) so may be needed later than sooner?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    here's some recent well deserved praise for Pixie for her charleston from one of the professionals. those who criticised her abilities please note: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/robin-windsors-strictly-come-dancing-4682904
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think they will miss the VW or AS assuming they get to the semi-final as they need two more ballrooms to get to that point. Do they class the Charleston as a Latin dance or just plonk it into the mix somewhere? They have had three dances in a row in hold or part hold so I suppose it balances everything out considering they had ballroom dances in a row for week 2 and 3.

I will go for them having the VW for the semi's assuming they get that far to break-up the dances left that allow lifts and the AS for the quarter-finals (again not assuming anything) IF they are doing the Cha Cha this week. :)

p.s. That was a lovely (short!) piece from Robin. It's good to see someone praising Pixie and Trent's skills. :)
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the pros have nothing but praise for Pixie. But some people want to be negative all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep, Camilla said this on twitter:

"I LOVE PIXIE wow awesome #scd I want to watch it again. It had everything a charleston needed 10."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is the Cha Cha confirmed for them for Saturdays's show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep, Camilla said this on twitter:

"I LOVE PIXIE wow awesome #scd I want to watch it again. It had everything a charleston needed 10."

so, basically, some of the general public didn't realise how difficult that routine was. but i think the more relevant point is that it did not look like the sort of charleston we are all familiar with, was too fast, didn't have enough wacky comedy etc. i think Trent enjoys challenging Pix 'cos she is so good but i think he was off-target for the general public's taste on this occasion. plus the choice of music was a dreadful mistake. Just hope they get back to their rave review routines - they ought to based on past form. Go Trixie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Already did :p
    L_duncan wrote: »
    so, basically, some of the general public didn't realise how difficult that routine was. but i think the more relevant point is that it did not look like the sort of charleston we are all familiar with, was too fast, didn't have enough wacky comedy etc. i think Trent enjoys challenging Pix 'cos she is so good but i think he was off-target for the general public's taste on this occasion. plus the choice of music was a dreadful mistake. Just hope they get back to their rave review routines - they ought to based on past form. Go Trixie!

I think that was why people on the whole didn't take to it. Personally I'm kinda bored of 'cheeky' charlestons, which is probably why I enjoyed theirs so much. It had a much different feel to it, very flamboyant, lots of pizzazz. I love seeing people attempting difficult choreography, it was by no means perfect but she pulled it off brilliantly. I can't imagine anyone else this year, or most years, being able to do anything near as complicated as this. (I also secretly loved the music ;-) )

Also, Trent probably didn't choreograph it. I think all the pros get help with charleston choreo, he thanked some people on twitter that I think were the same that Thom mentioned straight after his charleston.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting comments from Craig on ITT tonight. He said like us the music did not work with a Charleston but if it had been appropriate music the dance would have had a different feel and style so would have got a 10 from him. Don't quote me on that go listen to him on catch-up. :) Craig was on first.

Trent would not have choreographed their Charleston.