100gb 4gee data free

Comments

• jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how much minutes/texts bundles are and what you specifically get for your money?

[Edit] - Just answered my own question!
    Top up £10 before midnight on the day after you activate your SIM, it will be used automatically to buy 30 days of 250 minutes and unlimited texts.

We’ll contact you with special offers. Terms apply, see ee.co.uk/terms.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,604
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how much minutes/texts bundles are and what you specifically get for your money?

[Edit] - Just answered my own question!

There are other packs as well.

Full details on page 2 of the price guide:

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/external/content/EE/Price%20plans%20and%20costs/P14_EE_PAYG_030914.pdf
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I so love that £1 pack that has 25 minutes of calls, 50 texts and 10MB of data!

I think 100MB is pretty feeble, but I suppose it's good to have a cheap add-on if you hardly use a device (say a tablet with SIM card) and just need a small bit of data every now and then.. but 10MB??!
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prof-x wrote: »
    I can't check the date as the EE store is down but this offer runs for at least another few weeks.

Order it nearer your cut off date and then you have 14 days to put it in a phone. The data starts as soon as you put it in the phone and your phone requests data which these days is usually immediately.

Just check when the offer runs until and order as close to the end date as you can to accommodate your three contract ending.

The problem is, as this offer is so popular their might not be any SIM's left in stock near the 21st December deadline.

What about if you turn off mobile data on your phone settings before inserting the SIM, does this mean the data won't start immediately when you insert the SIM?
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    jonmorris wrote: »
    I so love that £1 pack that has 25 minutes of calls, 50 texts and 10MB of data!

I think 100MB is pretty feeble, but I suppose it's good to have a cheap add-on if you hardly use a device (say a tablet with SIM card) and just need a small bit of data every now and then.. but 10MB??!

10MB?! I've written posts on here longer than that! :D
  • iTechiTech Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Both my sims arrived today (and they even have names on the envelopes).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iTech wrote: »

I also ordered a couple! I wonder how many people have ordered multiple SIMs for every member of the family, including pets and invisible friends?!

No wonder EE was careful enough to make sure that the offer expires if you don't activate the SIM within a certain time. Or else I'd have signed up for enough to keep me going for the next 10 or 20 years. :)
  • iTechiTech Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I also ordered a couple! I wonder how many people have ordered multiple SIMs for every member of the family, including pets and invisible friends?!

No wonder EE was careful enough to make sure that the offer expires if you don't activate the SIM within a certain time. Or else I'd have signed up for enough to keep me going for the next 10 or 20 years. :)

Pets! Didn't think of that....
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did you order both the sims to the same address?
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Funnily enough | get vouchers from Pets At Home with my pets names on it :D

I ordered a sim for experimental purposes.
  • danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Tethering works. and no topup needed http://i.imgur.com/TwXX9BG.png
    Forum Member
    d123 wrote: »

Just on phone to EE, apparently the SIM comes with a £10 Talk & Text pack and you're stuck with it.

If you run out of minutes, you have to contact EE and you can only add on the following:

1) 100 minutes/30 days: £5 Landline & mobile calls.
    2) 100 minutes/7 days: £3 Landline & mobile calls.
    3) 200 minutes/30 days: £5 (calls to Mobiles only apparently) :confused:

I'm not sure I'll bother...
    Forum Member
    danielmeah wrote: »
    Tethering works. and no topup needed http://i.imgur.com/TwXX9BG.png

That's good I can try out this tethering game and it won't matter if they don't like it and throw me off. I don't really need tethering but want to test out all options and can't whilst I'm with Three.
    Forum Member

I wonder how many they have sent out to Mr Fido Smith, Tabby Jones and Spot Brown? :D
  • Jack_Wilson2Jack_Wilson2 Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Three got delivered today under different names.
  • BrightSparksBrightSparks Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered my sim on wednesday and jst received it today,
    Popped it it with no top ups and it works straight away in phone and tethering,
    Only ordered it to see what 4g was like in my area and its shite even though we was one of the first towns to get it and there post code checker says double data area and its in a HTC One M8.....
    erm phone is sat on the fish tank (only place i can get a signal :-) )with 2 bars and 2 meg download speed lol
    Just so people know the sim is content locked so if ya plan on downloading ect you will have to get the content lock removed via registering a credit (not debit) card to prove you over 18 years or going to a ee shop with ID
    Forum Member
    Great network, shame about the shite options for adding the minutes packs you want. :rolleyes:

http://tinypic.com/r/xpu1xv/8
    Forum Member
    Just on phone to EE, apparently the SIM comes with a £10 Talk & Text pack and you're stuck with it.

Why would this sim be different to any other EE PAYG sim?

You can stop or change the packs, It's as simple as sending "STOP PACK" to 150 if you don't want the pack.
    How to stop a pack

You can stop a new pack from starting through My Account on ee.co.uk or the My EE app. Your current pack will continue until it ends or until all the allowances are used up.

Click Pack and add-ons in the menu
    Under Next pack, click CHANGE or REMOVE.

Or text STOP PACK to 150.

http://ee.co.uk/help/my-account/pay-as-you-go/pay-as-you-go-packs-getting-started
    Forum Member
    Why would this sim be different to any other EE PAYG sim?

You can stop or change the packs, It's as simple as sending "STOP PACK" to 150 if you don't want the pack.

http://ee.co.uk/help/my-account/pay-as-you-go/pay-as-you-go-packs-getting-started

You can't choose whatever pack you want.

You can ONLY choose from the 3 I listed a few posts back, so not ideal.
    Forum Member
    You can't choose whatever pack you want.

You can ONLY choose from the 3 I listed a few posts back, so not ideal.

It only takes one click of the terms to see that you are wrong.
    If you exceed this 100GB allowance or want to use data outside the UK, you’ll need to top up and buy a pay as you go data add-on (standard charges will apply), see ee.co.uk/payg.
    You can top up to buy any of the EE pay as you go packs at any time

http://ee.co.uk/help/help-orphan-pages-/limited-edition-pay-as-you-go-sim-terms-and-conditions
    Forum Member
    It only takes one click of the terms to see that you are wrong.

http://ee.co.uk/help/help-orphan-pages-/limited-edition-pay-as-you-go-sim-terms-and-conditions

This is not a 'normal' PAYG SIM and ou cannot just get any pack you fancy with this it.

You are restricted to the ones I listed earlier.

Trying to buy add on packs using the EE app supports what I have said, there are only certain ones available.

Apology accepted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ordered my sim on wednesday and jst received it today,
    Popped it it with no top ups and it works straight away in phone and tethering,
    Only ordered it to see what 4g was like in my area and its shite even though we was one of the first towns to get it and there post code checker says double data area and its in a HTC One M8.....
    erm phone is sat on the fish tank (only place i can get a signal :-) )with 2 bars and 2 meg download speed lol
    Just so people know the sim is content locked so if ya plan on downloading ect you will have to get the content lock removed via registering a credit (not debit) card to prove you over 18 years or going to a ee shop with ID

You tried it outdoors? My 4G signal was non existent indoors in my old house but was almost full outside.
  • planetf1planetf1 Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My SIM arrived today. "just works". EE on 4G at home (weak) was about the same speed as H+ on ThreeUK at least for download. EE's 3G was less than half the speed.

I still have the oneplan, but my contract is up in January, so this will be an interesting test. TBH since 3G is shared sites through MBNL I already know the coverage (and EE has more 4G, and some 2G). It's going to be down to tariffing & there's nothing to suggest EE will be better than three.. they're still offering unlimited data. (I only use 5-8 GB/month)
    Forum Member
    planetf1 wrote: »
    It's going to be down to tariffing & there's nothing to suggest EE will be better than three.. they're still offering unlimited data. (I only use 5-8 GB/month)

That's my issue with EE (price).

I know my £15 3 deal is a great deal and not the norm and I do fancy EE, but £28 per month for a SIM Only deal with a 7 gig data allowance is a bit offensive...