Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    That stooopid VW Polo ad with the couple with the car on top of their shopping trolley. :mad:

Think I'd rather see that than many of the other adverts around. No silly voices, no annoying music, no puppets, no toothless kids, not a loan company or a gambling ad. ...and no TaDah! ...it aint that bad in comparison ;)

I suppose the message is that VW Polo's are so cheap, people find them affordable ....like an impulse supermarket buy.
  • Options
    C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another for the Barclays football ad, which I have just seen for the first time.

What world do these advertising people live in? The coach ride looks like the visiting scene from Porridge!!

I'm surprised that no-one's wearing a rosette or carrying a rattle, and the footballers aren't wearing baggies!

Hmm ... maybe not ...

I guess that their only experience of football supporters is what they have heard from their colleagues who've had corporate tickets. Relevance, Barclays?
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Huggies advert with that woman screeching out "I Feel Pretty" from Westside Story.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ANY advert with hashtags. Get that Twitter garbage off my screen! :mad:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Vodaphone and the stupid Bee's :mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phones4U Upgrades. Superficial crap, pure and simple.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The confused.com advert at the car auction. Presumably it was made by somebody whose auction experience comes purely from eBay - at a real auction, if somebody put a bid in just before the auction is due to close, it would be extended.
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Post code lottery advert seems to be on every break the last couple of weeks, it's getting a bit annoying now.
    Surprised there's any money left in the pool after they have paid Sky.
    I wonder how much Sky charge for an advertisement to be broadcast during the day and peak time
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the Robinsons squash advert is showing the shorter version which doesn't have the father son reference.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ANY advert with hashtags. Get that Twitter garbage off my screen! :mad:

Yes I can't stand any advert or web site that uses Twitter or Facebook, including DS with it's 'Like' and 'Follow' buttons. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,157
    Forum Member
    That advert for Barclays with the four schmucks is cringeingly shite. That Asian fella's a token if ever I saw one.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    that crispello advert with the girl singing about her boyfriends dad is back:mad:
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    " Excuse me , did you just say the C word " ?........just **** off :mad:
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    "Did he just say the c word?? :eek:"

Go away :sleep:

:o....Sorry, still not just me then.
  • Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Barny advert with the bear and the boy

Started off with what looked like encouraging children to have an active imagination and life . . . but then turns out to be a vile-looking spongy cakey biscuity thing with such goodies as wheat, chocolate and eggs . . . not mentioning the e-numbers and copious amounts of sugar . . .
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one with the Asian woman who writes a blog, ye gods, about cooking.....who reads that for heavens sake....and follows recipes "to the dot". Pardon me , what does that mean?
    She doesn't know how to wash up either....These adverts really are awful.
  • Options
    orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I can't stand any advert or web site that uses Twitter or Facebook, including DS with it's 'Like' and 'Follow' buttons. :rolleyes:

I actively avoid products where the adverts say, "check out our facebook for more details" or similar

I know its been said before, but the haribo star mix advert. Firstly, the little's voice goes right through me and secondly, she says, "if they resist they can have another one".

No they bloody can't! if they resist they haven't had one so they can't have 'another' :mad:

and breathe :D
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actively avoid products where the adverts say, "check out our facebook for more details" or similar

I know its been said before, but the haribo star mix advert. Firstly, the little's voice goes right through me and secondly, she says, "if they resist they can have another one".

No they bloody can't! if they resist they haven't had one so they can't have 'another' :mad:

and breathe :D

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! So they can have another one if they resist? Is that another one to sit and stare at and avoid eating whilst this irritating little bespectacled 'scientist' watches them? If they successfully resist two, do they get to resist a third? Eventually, will they have an entire bag of Haribo they're told not to eat?
  • Options
    catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Just seen a godawful black and white advert from Drambuie - the height of pretentiousness.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cat ad for o2, how many damn times does it need to be shown during one prog ffs. The wife and I were watching something from catch-up and that's the only ad that came on. Yeah we get the message FFS :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    That new hotel comparison website.
    'There are lot of iconic combinations, Gin and Tonic, Strawberries and Cream....... and our crappy website called Hotels Combined.'
    The name is terrible too. I could do better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Phileas Fogg crisps and I don't care that i've said the C word. Everytime it comes on i just want to throw my remote at the TV, the woman especially annoys me with her shit hillbilly accent and i don't think everyone from Lousiana are hillbillies anyway.

Another one thats on all the time is BT sport. I can't stand Jake Humphry.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,157
    Forum Member
    Due to the impending housing boom that's about the befall the country, Rightmove has decided to begin airing it's advert with that hideously ugly woman prancing about everywhere.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That stupid new advert for Asda, STOP it already.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cat ad for o2, how many damn times does it need to be shown during one prog ffs. The wife and I were watching something from catch-up and that's the only ad that came on. Yeah we get the message FFS :(
    Agreed. Plus the new Three advert with the dog :rolleyes:
    Due to the impending housing boom that's about the befall the country, Rightmove has decided to begin airing it's advert with that hideously ugly woman prancing about everywhere.
    I don't think she's ugly at all :o
This discussion has been closed.