Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loathe, hate and detest the Tombola gambling site advert, as used as the sponsor of Jeremy Kyle, and in other ad breaks too.

It features a quirky bus (driven by Foxy) full of very odd people doing a weird dance and pulling strange faces; one woman whips out her red knickers to show to the man next to her.

If ever an advert steered me clear of a product or service, this is it.

Hope this was just a typo - or does it just show how ineffective the advert is? It's for Foxy Bingo ... and it really drives me mad, especially that "Welsh" rugby player with the fake dirt, and the slightly racist knitting needle bit
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Current ad "hates":
    For laser vision surgery-"It's like living life in HD"----shut up
    The coffee advert where loads of people are buried up to their necks in coffee, whilst spinning around in coffee.
    The shed that is a baby, the admen must have been sniffing domestos to dream that one up.

Hate that advert :mad: I know the shed wants cheering up but why make it a baby? :confused: If a SHED makes thats noise I'd light on fire not paint it.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the crying shed advert. I suppose the advertisers think it's funny. OH said if our shed made a noise like that he'd chop it up and have a bonfire.

Then there's the woman who has lazer eye surgery. She looks weird after. Her neck looks strange.

As for Robert Lindsay advertising Sky. He sounds totally bored. It's completely unconvincing.

Two of the BT students are much too old to be regular students so they could be studying for years and years. Terrible thought.
    That's because she now has Laser eyes :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Britain's Got Talent ad and the limp way that Simon cracks that whip...really bugs me:o
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That ****ing Head and shoulders Advert with those preening pampered bastard footballers
  • Stinky KevStinky Kev Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Those voice rapping/poetry adverts are getting on my nerves. The Royal Navy amongst others.

I'm in the navy and have to admit that advert represents absolutely nothing to do with my job. It fails to mention the 14 hour days and nights, being away for months at a time and being told what to do by some jumped up posh idiot who's inhaled that silver spoon that he was born with in his mouth so much that it's started to stick out of his arsehole!!!
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    The Britain's Got Talent ad and the limp way that Simon cracks that whip...really bugs me:o

Simon creeps me out in that advert:o
  • Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    TracerTong wrote: »
    That's because she now has Laser eyes :)

I can't tell one lazer from another laser.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isme - Carol Vorderman... enough said! :mad:
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ariel advert - Those two men are annoying! They really bug me!:mad:

The new Go Compare Advert! (With a dog) - For goodness sake, I thought we were done with this! They've now gotten rid of the singing and have added forced humor which is painful to watch. Why can't this advert just dissapear all together?!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »

Is it bad that I didn't find that advert touching at all? :o

No, it just means you'll be watching the Grand National in your pants shouting "shoot it!!" when a horse falls whilst tucking into your Tesco Horse Burgers :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That lad with the dodgy shirt, thinking he's God's Gift is in serious need of a good slap.

I actually shouted "you're a ****" at an actor in an Ariel ad when I saw it. :D
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,807
    Forum Member
    That lad with the dodgy shirt, thinking he's God's Gift is in serious need of a good slap.

I actually shouted "you're a ****" at an actor in an Ariel ad when I saw it. :D

"And... BOOM!!"-is that an order?:D
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Corsadyl one with the spitting blood!!!!

I DO NOT need to see the spit in the bowl !!!!!!!!!!

****ing arsehole company
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member

The new Go Compare Advert! (With a dog) - For goodness sake, I thought we were done with this! They've now gotten rid of the singing and have added forced humor which is painful to watch. Why can't this advert just dissapear all together?!:mad:

I like both those ads :o

Someone said to look at the brother sitting down .. that is what makes me laugh :D

Now the new Aldi ad with the fruit corners :mad::mad:
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    The BT trio have a new ad. I think I've figured it out. Since I've never seen any of them actually do any academic work, despite supposedly being students, I can only deduce that all three of them are studying for a degree in BT Infinity Studies.
  • ladydedlock77ladydedlock77 Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Hate that advert :mad: I know the shed wants cheering up but why make it a baby? :confused: If a SHED makes thats noise I'd light on fire not paint it.

That is exactly what I said when it was on the other night. It really is annoying.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The couple on the betfair ad seem to lead a lonely existence. They get home, don't talk to each other just sit on opposite sides of the sofa gambling away on their phones and other gadgets.

Sign me up for that life betfair!!!!
    Just seen it and it's actually betway. My point still stands though :D
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isme - Carol Vorderman... enough said! :mad:

Is me Gets Me - aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!

I HATE IT!!!
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it just means you'll be watching the Grand National in your pants shouting "shoot it!!" when a horse falls whilst tucking into your Tesco Horse Burgers :D

:D:D:D

Good thing I don't buy burgers from Tesco.:o
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTEThe new Go Compare Advert! (With a dog) - For goodness sake, I thought we were done with this! They've now gotten rid of the singing and have added forced humor which is painful to watch. Why can't this advert just dissapear all together?!:mad:[/QUOTE]

Only just seen this advert and I thought the dog at the back was mounting the other one:o
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member

I wondered about that..they obviously know how very fed up people were with the original ads - but perhaps they have that guy on a contract that isn't ended yet!

A completely new ad, yes please - but not using their jingle .. it's like a form of torture.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nivea - Your face says it all.

Why is Gene Hunt promoting moisturiser.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Maria Bingo advert gets on my nerves.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    There's a really annoying car advert on atm I think its Fiat, it has the worst soundtrack ever, some horrible squeaky demon voiced children singing 'a,b,c,1,2,3....come play with me'. It's on all the time, I hate that bloody tune.
This discussion has been closed.