lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I used to like him but now I find him so annoying. He's everywhere

Comments

• GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    But start a thread?

And it's cos he got a film out this week.
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He speaks very highly of you Lola....
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lola_skye wrote: »

Well tbh it's nice that he's popular for having a talent (and of course he'll be everywhere since he's got a heavy workload) than being a vacuous non-entity that is a Z-lister selling every fart.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's omniscient?! :o
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems quite likeable
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like him but now I find him so annoying

. He's everywhere

You say that like it's a bad thing...:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He makes a sexy voiced dragon :-)
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benedict Cumberbatch is an extraterrestrial and he is reading your mind right now.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But it's not his fault he's everywhere! It's awards season, The Imitation Game is a serious Oscar contender and it's a Weinstein production which means a hard hustle.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    You can't knock Cumby. He's a great ambassador for GB talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he's everywhere. He's promoting a film so he's getting slightly more coverage at the moment but nowhere near as much as some other "celebs" with far less talent, imo.
    Seems pretty down to earth to me, and I really like his acting:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's in a British potential Oscar contender, the finale of the Hobbit saga that is set to be a Christmas blockbuster, he's recently got engaged... if the press are paying more attention to him, it's for good reason currently.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His mum was great in UFO back in the 70's!
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

Ahhh, Wanda. Still remember her looking well gorgeous;in the episode 'Timelash' in particular. Nice blouse!

One for the teenagers....;-)
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    But it's not his fault he's everywhere! It's awards season, The Imitation Game is a serious Oscar contender and it's a Weinstein production which means a hard hustle.
    And a damn good film. I saw it last week and I'd happily pay to see it again. Wonderful acting from Benny Cabbagepatch, among a top notch cast! (A little bit of Matthew Goode never does me any harm!)
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »

She was in Casualty (or Holby) a few weeks back and she honestly hadn't aged a bit! She still looked fabulous. I do wonder how such a good looking woman could have a son who has a bit of a reptilian look to him (he is not a looker is he?)
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not all about looks though is it ? He has a devilishly sexy voice....mmmmm and seems to be a thoroughly nice chap to boot.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was in Casualty (or Holby) a few weeks back and she honestly hadn't aged a bit! She still looked fabulous. I do wonder how such a good looking woman could have a son who has a bit of a reptilian look to him (he is not a looker is he?)

Oh I think he is! Although I can agree that he's a bit of an acquired taste, looks-wise, but it's the whole Cumberbatch package: the combination of his looks, his talent, his voice, him in motion rather than in stills = very appealing, rather dangerous, little bit creepy, but very sexy. :D

Agree re his mum, she's looks fab.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boring, generic looking, upper middle class. Looks like the kind of guy who could whip his tackle out at Christmas dinner and not even offend your Nan. Sadly these are the actors we're left with now 90% of drama is aimed at women.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Boring, generic looking, upper middle class. Looks like the kind of guy who could whip his tackle out at Christmas dinner and not even offend your Nan. Sadly these are the actors we're left with now 90% of drama is aimed at women.

Agreed, apart from the women part, me being one. :p He does seem to play the same type of guy, probably himself. So, not that great an actor, IMO.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I may be in a small minority but I see nothing in his whatsoever, acting wise, he justs seems to play in a one dimensional way & as for his looks. (which he is lauded for) I know attraction is subjective, but I find him somewhat startling looking...almost feral.:o
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Ahhh, Wanda. Still remember her looking well gorgeous;in the episode 'Timelash' in particular. Nice blouse!

One for the teenagers....;-)

This one?

http://ilarge.listal.com/image/5485699/968full-wanda-ventham.jpg

...OK, everybody leave, I need a minute or two...
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    Oh I think he is! Although I can agree that he's a bit of an acquired taste, looks-wise, but it's the whole Cumberbatch package: the combination of his looks, his talent, his voice, him in motion rather than in stills = very appealing, rather dangerous, little bit creepy, but very sexy. :D

I don't find him exceptionally talented though (I think he's OK - but no better nor worse than others of the same 'standing' for want of a better word). From some interviews I've read from him - he's a bit of a whinger isn't he?

I'd rather have David Morrissey any day of the week - talent, looks, a towering presence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dominic Bumberclat - One of the best of the new crop.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of all the things I've heard people say about Benedict Cumberbatch, I've never heard anyone call him generic looking. Surely he's the opposite of generic looking?

As for him playing himself, apart from being a bit posh, he seems nothing like Sherlock or Stephen Hawking irl. Hopefully nothing like Khan too.