Options

Dancing with the stars season 5 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    Cheryl & Partner - I must be dim, as I have no clue who he is, but they were all saying what an honour it was to have him on the show....:o

Cha Cha, quite basic but in rhythm, Cheryl doesn't do it for me as a dancer or choreographer, accepting she has a limited partner this time, she wasted Ian's ability IMO. But hey, she's a 2 time champ, but all I can ever say about her is...okay.

She's my least fav prof. not withstanding her success.
    I think he's more popular than Tom Jones over there, but I don't imagine anyone else has heard of him.
    Whos your favs to be voted off, male and female
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's all folks! No singer, no pro demo, see you tomorrow night for the Results show. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bigtoe wrote: »
    Whos your favs to be voted off, male and female

Oooh that's a toughie. Overall I thought the standard was brill, Len was right, the men were very entertaining, who'd have thought it? :D

I actually enjoyed it more tonight than last night, more fun and less irritation. ;)

I really couldn't say who'll get voted off, as we have no clue how the viewers will vote in America, but just in terms of performance.....I guess Alec and his model partner came off worst last night, but surely he can't go first twice in a row? :(

If I hadn't taken to Cameron, I'd have said Edyta to go for the Men....
    I have this secret thought that she's Alec's beard anyway...:o

I found the boxer way too aggressive, and I'm not Karina's biggest fan, so either them or Cheryl and the singer to go, but I imagine both are very popular, so it could be the female model.....oh-oh, poor Alec....:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just watched the Pro Dance BBC did not show from the Final of series 4.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C5OST9-LVk

Sorry, but I much prefer the Erin and Anton style of Ballroom, so smooth in comparison, and such a beautiful top line. I find even the Pros on DWTS have wavy shoulders all the time. But I am old fashioned...:o

Thanks for the link ~ I wondered why they didn't show it on the bbc, but having seen it I'm rather glad they didn't. That routine had no class ~ the dresses looked cheap and nasty, I hate the split skirts and Edtya, put it away for once! You don't have to give away the farm EVERY week! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gritty wrote: »
    Noticed that the Polish SCD is on. The scoring is hilarious - makes DWTS seem tame.:rolleyes:

On a previous Polish series one dance (a paso, I believe) scored both a 2 and a 9 :confused: Interesting scores....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know what part of America the Dancing with the Stars show is recorded in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know what part of America the Dancing with the Stars show is recorded in?

Hollywood, I think.
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollywood, I think.

It is Hollywood. I'd be interested to know what studio they're using and whether it's one of the old film studios.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone up for the results tonight?

Just checked Raphael's site, and picture is up on the webcam, but no sound.....:eek:
    Hope it can be sorted before the show starts......1hr 12 mins to go....;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nancy1975 wrote: »
    It is Hollywood. I'd be interested to know what studio they're using and whether it's one of the old film studios.

CBS Television City in Los Angeles in Studio 46. Next to the studio where American Idol is recorded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone up for the results tonight?

Just checked Raphael's site, and picture is up on the webcam, but no sound.....:eek:
    Hope it can be sorted before the show starts......1hr 12 mins to go....;)

Whoops, nearly nodded off. Told myself I was going to bed early tonight, but I'm still up!! Expecting a shorter show tonight, no doubt Sabrina/Mark will be doing the encore :rolleyes:
    Can't wait to see what the pro's come up with for Dolly's song. Let me see hmmm.......stetsons and thigh slapping maybe ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only one hour scheduled tonight. :)

Are you getting sound? I'm still not - picture okay though. Hope Raphael knows and can fix it soon. Only 5 mins to go though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only one hour scheduled tonight. :)

Are you getting sound? I'm still not - picture okay though. Hope Raphael knows and can fix it soon. Only 5 mins to go though.

No sound yet :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a bummer. :cry::(:cry::(

I wonder if it's available anywhere else? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like its not coming back. Might leave it and try and download tomorrow

its back! picture not good though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile I'd been checking the abc.com site and missed the sound coming back LOL! :D

That looks pretty good for video clips and info, but only people in America can watch the stream....:(

Poor picture tonight.....:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed the pro dance though :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who was dancing with Derek? Was it Anna? Looked very lively though. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right though bigtoe, Derek is defo choreographing the Pro dances, looks like 2 so far! wheeee! Talented boy and so cute. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was dancing with Derek? Was it Anna? Looked very lively though. :D

Cheryl

Blimey, Dolly's err baps, a bit much for a family show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bigtoe wrote: »
    Cheryl

Blimey, Dolly's err baps, a bit much for a family show

PML!!!!!!!!! :D Couldn't stop looking at 'em. How she doesn't fall forward defies gravity. Fancy doing that to yourself - really. :confused:

She's middle aged now so wonder what state they're in? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carrie-Ann Inaba:"America knows Ballroom" - I beg to differ. ;)

No wonder Len & Bruno have to fly over asap every week, they're featured in pre-records so much throughout the results show, and all over. Len really is the big cheese over there isn't he? Amazing really, I think he must also be contracted to say "bloody" at least once in every show. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PML!!!!!!!!! :D Couldn't stop looking at 'em. How she doesn't fall forward defies gravity. Fancy doing that to yourself - really. :confused:

She's middle aged now so wonder what state they're in? :eek:

What.... middle aged????? and the rest :D:D

The horrible thing is...when everything else finally collapses, they'll still be standing to attention. Yuk :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrie-Ann Inaba:"America knows Ballroom" - I beg to differ. ;)

No wonder Len & Bruno have to fly over asap every week, they're featured in pre-records so much throughout the results show, and all over. Len really is the big cheese over there isn't he? Amazing really, I think he must also be contracted to say "bloody" at least once in every show. ;)

TBH I'm surprised they put up with Lens 'fruity' language and Sid James double entendres!! Half the time, they don't know what he's on about, or Bruno.
    Just wait til SCD starts and gets to about week 4. Cue grumpiness and bad attitude = Brendan strop :D
    Notice how he doesn't get too tetchy with the americans.
    Could be his personal limo and driver keeping him sweet :rolleyes:

No surprise Josie going then. Mark Cuban in bottom 2 .........might be the fact he was bragging about his billions !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right though bigtoe, Derek is defo choreographing the Pro dances, looks like 2 so far! wheeee! Talented boy and so cute. :cool:

Isn't he just :D
    Eee.....I could put him on a butty!

Talented family, another older sister has her own dance studio . 3 dancers in one family.
    I suppose Mark is like a brother as well, seeing as though they were all brought up together for 8 years. Looks like Mark and Julianne still have chemistry left over from their dancing partnership. They look good dancing together