Irresponsible Headlines

Von TrappVon Trapp Posts: 398
Forum Member
Firstly may I state that I buy the Daily Express and they do put some rubbish on the front page a lot. But the Sunday Express headline today was well out of order.

60,000 deaths if the freeze continues, country running low on foodstuffs ect. Talk about creating panic when more sensible reporting is the order of the day.

Oh and by the way, its all Gordon Browns fault as well:rolleyes:

Well, In my neck of the woods there were no shortages in the supermarket this morning and its thawing today. Also the Met office has downgraded the weather alerts as well!

Comments

• davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew Marr commented on this on his programme this morning and he said the most important word in the headline was 'may" ie 60,000 may die.

The Daily Express often have scare headlines about the weather and how many are going to freeze in the cold/die in the heat
  • kathplatformkathplatform Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It happens a lot.

"Microwaves cause cancer" (only if you use them more than 5 times a week)

"Multi vitamins are dangerous" (Only if you don't take the ones you need at the right dosage)
  • Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The daily express and the daily mail are fast becoming the laughing stock of the newspaper world.
    The mail carried a story yesterday claiming the current cold snap is the start of the new 'ice age'.
    The Sunday Sport has been relegated into 3rd place for ludicrous stories by these two publications.