Australia Competing in Eurovision 2015

124»

Comments

• MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Im hearing rumours of Guy Sebastian, the 1st ever Australian Idol. This would be cool, this guy can sing!
    Forum Member
    Woo Hoo the rumours were true!
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    Woo Hoo the rumours were true!

I'd heard his name, but not his songs. Just listened to a few bits. He has got a great voice and is obviously a very experienced performer. Could be really good!

Honestly everything I've just listened to is better than 80% of the entries so far in my opinion. I think Australia will be seeing a decent result for sure!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Ugh. Guy Sebastian sucks. What a letdown.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a letdown. Ive always love Australia and I was really excited when they had been given this opportunity. But as they kept going on about the artists I suspected that they didnt understand the meaning of Eurovision, a song contest.

Not only did they pick a singing only act who also looked bored, but they havent a song ready. Theyve been going on for four years to get a slot and then they handled it like this? Very sad to see such an amazing opportunity go to waste.
    Forum Member
    Based on some of the acts that get sent who can barely sing Im happy knowing he is a fantastic singer and has had plenty of good songs. Im sure they will find something perfect
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    What a letdown. Ive always love Australia and I was really excited when they had been given this opportunity. But as they kept going on about the artists I suspected that they didnt understand the meaning of Eurovision, a song contest.

Not only did they pick a singing only act who also looked bored, but they havent a song ready. Theyve been going on for four years to get a slot and then they handled it like this? Very sad to see such an amazing opportunity go to waste.

Unfortunately quite a few broadcasters these days look at it as choosing a singer rather than a song. There's very many good singers, good songs are harder to find.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    Unfortunately quite a few broadcasters these days look at it as choosing a singer rather than a song. There's very many good singers, good songs are harder to find.

The songs should be the focus. Thats what most fans watch for. The aussie host said it was a gay event mainly and praised Conchita over the 'tall blonde beautiful Swede' who Im guessing is Sanna. I loved Undo, and Sanna was perfect for the song. However I thought Conchita and rise like a phoenix was a perfect fit too. But its still a song contest.

I find it confusing. Theyve been working for years to get a slot, send Jess Mauboy who performs a specially written song for the occasion with an introduction of Oz. Then theyve known about it for a year and at the last minute pick an artist who doesnt seem keen nor fitting and hasnt even a song for it. What happened? 😕
    Its like something went wrong.
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    The songs should be the focus. Thats what most fans watch for. The aussie host said it was a gay event mainly and praised Conchita over the 'tall blonde beautiful Swede' who Im guessing is Sanna. I loved Undo, and Sanna was perfect for the song. However I thought Conchita and rise like a phoenix was a perfect fit too. But its still a song contest.

I find it confusing. Theyve been working for years to get a slot, send Jess Mauboy who performs a specially written song for the occasion with an introduction of Oz. Then theyve known about it for a year and at the last minute pick an artist who doesnt seem keen nor fitting and hasnt even a song for it. What happened? 😕
    Its like something went wrong.

Turns out they got it very RIGHT in the end :p:p