World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVII (Spoilers)

Comments

• tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikki has improved, shes not a fluid and natural wrestler like divas such as paige, nattie, alicia and naomi but she is by no means bad. Aj isnt much better.

Wwe need to release rosa, shes shit on total divas too. I have a feeling sasha banks wont get over with the mainstream crowd on raw when she eventually debuts
  • PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Rosa is a complete non-entity but I've heard some rumours about her doing some 'favours' to keep herself employed.

Nikki is now the best women's wrestler on the main roster. Her elbow/forearm looks good, she's got a strong finisher, she can get heat and work the crowd and she's the only diva that looks like her moves have any impact behind them. They need to bring up Charlotte to feud with her.

Yeah Rosa has a good supply of Kneepads.

Yeah Nikki is a good all rounder. Her put down to AJ on this weeks SD! was great too. Something along the lines of
    Hoping AJ doesn't get the title again as she'll never defend it and that Brock Lesnar worked more dates than AJ this year.
    :D
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    Nikki has improved, shes not a fluid and natural wrestler like divas such as paige, nattie, alicia and naomi but she is by no means bad. Aj isnt much better.

Wwe need to release rosa, shes shit on total divas too. I have a feeling sasha banks wont get over with the mainstream crowd on raw when she eventually debuts

I don't see why Sasha shouldn't get over based on her talents. She wrestles great, bumps great, is a good promo and is completely into her character. Her main problem will be the same problem all the NXT women will face on the main roster - the shitty booking of women.
    Yeah Rosa has a good supply of Kneepads.

Yeah Nikki is a good all rounder. Her put down to AJ on this weeks SD! was great too. Something along the lines of
    Brock Lesnar worked more dates than AJ this year.
    :D

I actually read that Nikki and AJ actually go off the script on each other in a lot of their promos so I wonder if there's some animosity there. I wonder if that will get kept in or edited out of Smackdown. It's interesting that they are both doing this but they're also both untouchable due to their husbands, though for different reasons.

Also, just spotted that Rosa joke. :D:D
    Forum Member
    Here's the fan video of the Nikki/AJ promo from this weeks SD!

That'll be cut to shreds I bet especially the last line but the WWE do have a hard on for the word bitch so who knows.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

If any Diva should be given shit then it should be waste of space Rosa. She hasn't improved in any area.

Rumours are she only keeps her job because is sleeps with certain members of backstage management.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus, AJ actually gets a nice pop and no real Punk chants so far.

Also, Paige is not a good promo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "How bout we ditch this whole frenemies thing...?"

Please, God yes!
    Forum Member
    On Nikki you have to wonder what will happen if her and Cena brake up and it's a bad brake up.

Plus how about just her on her own when Brie leaves as she has said her and Bryan want to start a family together even if she returns she will be out about a year each time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikki and Cena as a heel combo would be incredible I think. Especially if they do bring Charlotte up and John can beat up old man Flair.
    Forum Member
    On Nikki you have to wonder what will happen if her and Cena brake up and it's a bad brake up.

Plus how about just her on her own when Brie leaves as she has said her and Bryan want to start a family together even if she returns she will be out about a year each time.

I think Nikki could still be successful with out Cena. I doubt it would affect her career too much as lots of couples in the WWE break up without much changing unless he decides to use some power (if he has that pull) and get her push stopped.

As for Brie, she's not that good especially on the mic and her acting skill are awful so she wouldn't be a great loss. At the moment she seems to just be hanging around and not that relevant. Almost like WWE don't know what to do with her.
    Forum Member
    I think Nikki could still be successful with out Cena. I doubt it would affect her career too much as lots of couples in the WWE break up without much changing unless he decides to use some power (if he has that pull) and get her push stopped.

I know a lot brake up but if it was bad and they couldn't stand to be around each other it's obvious who would go.
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the fan video of the Nikki/AJ promo from this weeks SD!

That'll be cut to shreds I bet especially the last line but the WWE do have a hard on for the word bitch so who knows.
    The notion that absolutely anyone in that segment is what a "real woman" looks like is a terrifying insight into the WWE mindset.
    Cena undoubtedly has that pull whether he'd use it is really the issue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As for Brie, she's not that good especially on the mic and her acting skill are awful so she wouldn't be a great loss. At the moment she seems to just be hanging around and not that relevant. Almost like WWE don't know what to do with her.

I would actually say that Brie has got more out of her marriage to Bryan than Nikki has from Cena in terms of booking. No way would she have got that Summerslam match with Stephanie if not for who her husband is.

She's not great but she's annoying so she's probably in the most suitable role for her - heel manager for Nikki who can do tag matches with her and some singles matches to build up Nikki's opponents.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumours are she only keeps her job because is sleeps with certain members of backstage management.

Do be fair if you was WWE management wouldn't you sleep with her if she offered it to you? ;-)
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    "How bout we ditch this whole frenemies thing...?"

Please, God yes!

Yes! I've only been saying it since the day it frigging started!
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Don't know if it's been said but Lesnar has signed a 3 year deal. It's good to have him locked in until 2018. I hope we will see Rock vs Lesnar and Undertaker vs Sting at 32. We could possibly see a Shield triple threat as the main event for the title if they pull Ambrose up to a level which should be relatively easy.

I guess that means Rock is jobbing at mania then just like he did at Summerslam 2002.
    Lol like I say, fans are crazy lol.

I couldn't care less about either but Zayn gets more attention because he's physically appealing and not entirely morally bankrupt :D

I couldnt give a toss about 1D. Most overratted group in music, so what if they split its not breaking news. The media pulls this shit every time a band splits.
    BlueSteel wrote: »
    There is that, but would you not prefer to see Rusev's first loss mean something? I don't really see what Cena winning would do for him? However if someone like Ambrose were to get the first victory it could be used to progress both guys.
    Personally I'd like to see Rusev go over Lesnar before he drops his streak. I think Brock would be the obvious favourite after beating Taker at Mania, only for Rusev to win. That would be the best use of both guys this year in my opinion.

Im bored of seeing this Russian constantly winning. He needs to lose his undefeated streak. Oh wait he did in NXT against Dolph. We the fans are supposed to hate the guy because he constantly put down the country so why wouldnt any fan want to see him lose.
    At least with Cena there is a sense of people caring. Children like him and buy his merch and cheer for him etc. People who hate him boo him and want to see him lose and get beat up etc. There's enough passion behind either side that WWE can and do use the mixed reactions as a booking tool for Cena.

This is why fans have ruined the show, people say it dont make a difference but it does because if the fans hadent started booing Cena the WWE would not have taken the belt off him so quickly. I dont mean his last run but a couple times before and pretty much Bryan would not have gotten anywhere near the title last year.
    BlueSteel wrote: »
    I really don't get your dislike for Brock, it's not about his body at all. It's about the fact that he was legitimately the UFC heavyweight champion and the most believable champion the WWE could possibly hope for.

He was lucky to scrape through Carwin in UFC he didnt dominate the fight.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    Im bored of seeing this Russian constantly winning. He needs to lose his undefeated streak. Oh wait he did in NXT against Dolph. We the fans are supposed to hate the guy because he constantly put down the country so why wouldnt any fan want to see him lose.

Because I think a lot of fans are able to remove personal favourites from a situation and look at the bigger picture.

Cena is my guy but Rusev should go over on Sunday because he's a younger, fresh talent and going over Cena means something (it could be argued going over Cena means more than pretty much anybody else because it never happens) and it will help Rusev continue to grow into the main event.

Same as last year with Cena vs Lesnar. My heart wanted Cena to win but my head knew Lesnar had to win so the first defeat of the Man who broke the streak went to a younger, fresh talent.
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Do be fair if you was WWE management wouldn't you sleep with her if she offered it to you? ;-)

No of course not.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im not sure a turn is needed myself, reigns is slowly getting more and more cheers albeit mostly from kids and women.

fact is all of a sudden because hes being pushed people are making out like hes the next great khali in terms of talent when clearly he is an extremely good big man. and quite frsnkly i dont want every world champ to look like daniel bryan. wrestling has always been about diversity.

if they did do a turn though i would like to see authority ditch rollins and help reigns become the champ and "future"

then rollins could chase the title as a face upto summerslam(mitb case would be used at some point either successfully/unsuccessfully)
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    So how is everyone here doing?

I know we all generally talk about wrestling but never seem to ask how everyone is.
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rusev is dull. As was Kozlov (apart from his thing with Santino.

The bad guy Eastern European who shows no emotion and shouts stuff in their native tongue to the camera belongs in the WWF Cheese era of the 80s.
  • JEStansfieldJEStansfield Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Rusev is dull. As was Kozlov (apart from his thing with Santino.

I think to lump Rusev in the same boat as Vladimir Kozlov is a little harsh. Rusev has proven than he can put a 3 star match together and he's only been around a relatively short time. I see him as more in the mould of someone like Umaga - a man who actually participated in some of John Cena's best ever matches.

Kozlov just wasn't very good. He had the wrong look and his in ring ability was very limited. But by God, did WWE try to get him over. Kozlov was proof that WWE knew how to push someone when they wanted to, or at least they did seven years ago. The guy was given every opportunity out there working with people like Triple H and Jeff Hardy. He even was granted a clean pinfall win over The Undertaker on television, which is something I think only Brock Lesner has achieved since.

On this occasion, WWE chose to back the wrong horse but their booking was excellent. If WWE had afforded Roman Reigns the same kind of push they did Kozlov, I don't think anyone would be saying he wasn't ready for Mania. Reigns is the right horse, or at least a better horse, but the booking has failed him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    goodol ls wrote: »
    I think this is make or break for Reigns. He needs to get onside quickly or the fans are going to get upset and revolt. He needs to improve everything as he is very green. At the moment I would have preferred Luther Reigns to take the Championship he is that bad. 3 days to go. Just got the Bud Lights that I am drinking outside the arena. Yes boi! Might even buy some Newport's to celebrate and have a celebratory smoke. Got my banner sorted as well "Michaels you charlatan" Just watching Wrestlemania 27 to get in the mood. Yeah boi!

As a rough guess, what percentage of your posts are utter bullshit?

You bought beer in Kansas that you can't take on a plane to drink outside a stadium in San Francisco? You know you can buy beer in California right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member

He was lucky to scrape through Carwin in UFC he didnt dominate the fight.

Yes, Shane Carwin who was an undefeated beast of a man who'd swept through everyone. I'm not suggesting for a moment that Brock was the best UFC champion ever. Not by a long way. But nonetheless he was the UFC heavyweight champion which is a significantly more legitimate claim to be being a top star than literally anyone else in WWE right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thus essentially killing his push and gaining nothing from it because giving the undefeated streak to Cena won't make him any more over - he doesn't need it.
    This is why fans have ruined the show, people say it dont make a difference but it does because if the fans hadent started booing Cena the WWE would not have taken the belt off him so quickly. I dont mean his last run but a couple times before and pretty much Bryan would not have gotten anywhere near the title last year.

I can't think of a single Cena title reign that was cut short for this reason. If WWE want fans to react a certain way, they have two options: book better shows or tape TV in front of paid extras.
    [/QUOTE]
    whedon247 wrote: »
    im not sure a turn is needed myself, reigns is slowly getting more and more cheers albeit mostly from kids and women.

fact is all of a sudden because hes being pushed people are making out like hes the next great khali in terms of talent when clearly he is an extremely good big man. and quite frsnkly i dont want every world champ to look like daniel bryan. wrestling has always been about diversity.

if they did do a turn though i would like to see authority ditch rollins and help reigns become the champ and "future"

then rollins could chase the title as a face upto summerslam(mitb case would be used at some point either successfully/unsuccessfully)

Haven't noticed Reigns getting any more cheers than before to be honest. Apparently he got booed pretty badly on the Smackdown taping as well, though that'll likely be edited.

As for him being a good big man, I'm not even sure that he is a big man. He carries himself like one but is he even taller than Randy Orton?
This discussion has been closed.