Options

The Danielle Hope Appreciation Thread (Part 6)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,838
Administrator
You do the honours, Apollonia. You have been the fiercest defender of this thread over the months.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1334780

Comments

• Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,571
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Woo part 6

*pops open champagne*

Drink responsibly mafia, it's a school night :p
    • Options
      sonnycorleonesonnycorleone Posts: 3,273
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Celebration! New thread, new start mafiosi.

VIVA LA SPERANZA
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,357
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      YES YES YES :D congrats all!!!
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,440
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Yay congrats everyone. Viva la Speranza. Part 7 here we come :D

Yes Lemmo, 71 Degrees North is amazing, the challenges are incredible.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hopefully many more parts to come with all the Danielle and Woo stuff we have coming up :D

Will try and check out 71 degrees north this weekend.
    • Options
      Baby DragonBaby Dragon Posts: 4,993
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Yay! We made it to part 6! Wooooo! :D
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Oh hello part 6. :cool:
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Wooooooooooooooooo!!! :cool::cool::cool:

dhf *hick*
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Congrats on Part 6! :cool:
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 610
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Woo! I'm offline for a few days and come back to part 6! Good work guys! :):cool::D
    • Options
      DimSumDimSum Posts: 6,770
      Forum Member
      Join in the celebrations.:)

Well done guys.:)

Don't forget,Danielle is still our Dorothy.:D
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Morning Mafia,

Gees it is cold today.

Dan is Dot and Ds has made part 6 good times. :D
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      So as we have a new thread and re are all so proud at how far we have come...

Post your favourite DS post by yourself then we will vote for the top three posts!!!

Happy searching!

:cool:
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Post your favourite DS post by yourself then we will vote for the top three posts!!!

OK, this one is easy for me. :D This is post #329 in Part 1, from March 22:

I was going to write this later, but I just realized I'm going to be out most of the rest of the day so I figured I might as well just do it now. Here goes:

Danielle In the Zone!

OK, this thought comes from when I was watching "Buenos Aires" again last night and noticed something really interesting at the end of the song (I'm not sure if this is in the YouTube clips, but if you have the full show recorded, check it out). As the song ends, Danielle and Lauren are back to back and both completely in character, and stay that way until Graham starts talking, whereupon Lauren immediately breaks her pose, but Danielle kind of slowly "wakes up", like she's been in a trance or something. Then, I remembered that comment in here earlier about her looking so focused during one part of the last mashup, and I realized something--this is the secret to Danielle's success! She goes into The Zone!

I will explain further. I myself am a more reserved person in public situations, but I have done some amateur acting and have played some leads in plays. I have found that acting is much easier for me than public speaking, because I am playing a character and can lose myself in that character. I've seen other people who are much better at that than I am, though, and I've realized that, even though she's really young, Danielle is an absolute pro at it! She seems to have such complete concentration that it actually looks somewhat like she is coming out of a trance at the end--hence, the Zone.

When Danielle is in her Zone, she doesn't really make mistakes. She has perfect concentration and energy, and is able to be a lot bolder and more expressive onstage than she is when being herself. It's like she becomes a different person. The problem comes when something happens to throw her out of her Zone. I saw this a little bit in "Could It Be Magic", possibly because she wasn't entirely comfortable with the song, but that's conjecture because I can't read her mind and I can only go by what I see, and I did see a slight loss of focus at times in that song, but she mostly held it together.

On the results show, Danielle was in her Zone more than ever on the group numbers, hence the "waking up from a dream" reaction when Buenos Aires ended and Graham started talking, snapping her out of it. Then, the sing-off happened and I think Danielle was completely caught off guard. Her body language says it--she's a bit stiff and her eyes look kind of glazed. She sings wonderfully, but it doesn't look like her heart is in it until about 2/3 of the way through the song, when she finally seems to go back into the Zone, at least to a degree, but she still doesn't seem as totally committed and focused as she has in her other songs. People talk about her not expressing emotion, but I think it's the shock and emotion of everything that threw Danielle out of her Zone.

Other actors--really good ones--go into the Zone, too, but the really experienced ones transition out of it more smoothly than Danielle did after "Buenos Aires". Look at Lauren--she is also 100% focused and holds the pose until Graham starts talking, but she breaks right out of it then. I think this might be because she is older than Danielle and a more trained actress, so she's more smooth with the transition of going in and out of the Zone. That doesn't matter one iota, though. What matters is the total concentration during the performance, where she *becomes* the character she is playing, even in the group numbers where a lot of people would think it's not as important. It seems to be important for Danielle, though, because she does this with *everything*, even the dance mission. She's in the Zone, and when she is, she shines.

So, I think the real key to this week's performance is for Danielle to get in her Zone for her song, and stay there for the whole performance. She can definitely do this, because she does it so well in almost every performance. When she's not in the Zone, things can get dicey, but when she is, she is a force to be reckoned with.

OK, now it's off to the gym for me!
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Ciao mafia. We made it!
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      So as we have a new thread and re are all so proud at how far we have come...

Happy searching!

:cool:

Blimey, that'll take some time...better get started!
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Blimey, that'll take some time...better get started!

It will take me time too. I've posted to keep the thread alive more than anything else. I've nothing to compare with Snoop's essay, which I've also praised on the forum. Still, I'll have a look - more in hope than expectation!
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Afternoon/evening everyone :D

I was waiting to cross the road today and a car drove past and had their window open.. i could just make out that it was Danielle's version of 'Over the Rainbow' they were playing :D Made me smile :)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      It will take me time too. I've posted to keep the thread alive more than anything else. I've nothing to compare with Snoop's essay, which I've also praised on the forum. Still, I'll have a look - more in hope than expectation!

Just pick something random.
      justbeyou wrote: »
      Afternoon/evening everyone :D

I was waiting to cross the road today and a car drove past and had their window open.. i could just make out that it was Danielle's version of 'Over the Rainbow' they were playing :D Made me smile :)

Helloooooo there *little wave*. Obviously they had style :D
      How is the new job going?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Just pick something random.

Helloooooo there *little wave*. Obviously they had style :D
      How is the new job going?

Heyyy. Haha, my thought exactly :cool::D

The new job is great thanks, i love it :D although, means i spend a lot less time on here.. seems to be when all the action takes place as well lol.
      How are you?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Heyyy. Haha, my thought exactly :cool::D

The new job is great thanks, i love it :D although, means i spend a lot less time on here.. seems to be when all the action takes place as well lol.
      How are you?

Yes ive noticed you havent been around as much, miss the random conversations :(

I'm good thanks, almost lost all feeling in my face today though, it was so cold.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Yes ive noticed you havent been around as much, miss the random conversations :(

I'm good thanks, almost lost all feeling in my face today though, it was so cold.

Ah, i've missed all the random conversations too! I have a few nights off this week but then i'm back to pretty much every night next week.
      Today was freezing! I had to actually scrape a thick layer of ice off of my car windscreen this morning! :( i miss summer lol
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Ah, i've missed all the random conversations too! I have a few nights off this week but then i'm back to pretty much every night next week.
      Today was freezing! I had to actually scrape a thick layer of ice off of my car windscreen this morning! :( i miss summer lol

I take it the job is demanding time wise?

Summer? Summer? When was Summer? :p
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I take it the job is demanding time wise?

Summer? Summer? When was Summer? :p

Um, at the momet there's something pretty much every night so plenty of hours going about lol.
      Haha, true. I think it was that day we saw the big yellow thing in the sky? Think it's called the sun? :p
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Um, at the momet there's something pretty much every night so plenty of hours going about lol.
      Haha, true. I think it was that day we saw the big yellow thing in the sky? Think it's called the sun? :p

Oh that day, that was way back in July. Maybe it'll appear again sometime this month. Could you imagine it, actually seeing the sun twice in one year :eek: what are the chances :p

Although, look at it this way:

Colder = Winter = RV = Dan performance :D:D
    This discussion has been closed.