Al Jazeera's Libya coverage is brilliant

Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been glued to Al Jazeera this weekend.

They've got all the former big guns from BBC, ITN and Sky reporting for them - absolutely brilliant.

James Bays has been quite frankly superb reporting live from Bengahzi.

Some first class reporting too from Anita McNaught in Tripoli, Stephen Cole at Nato, Andrew Simmons on Lampedusa, and Darren Jordan anchoring from Qatar.

So so so good.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, it was the same with the Egypt coverage, outclassing CNN, BBC News and Sky News.
  • daniel2015daniel2015 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an excellent channel. The best news channel. Its just a shame its not on freeview 24 hours a day I would much rather have this channel then sky news truth be told.
  • StevenNTStevenNT Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their Egypt coverage was top class and continued broadcasting despite arrests, reporters permits revoked, and other problems with the now toppled Mubarak regime trying to silence them. They carried on regardless and got the message out.

Their high quality and level headed coverage of what is now going on in Libya, Yemen, and Syria puts some channels to shame basically and well worth a watch. Shame it's not on Freeview 24 hours and well one can hope it can be one day. Personally I would replace Pick TV+1 with it if I had the power to ;)
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've found that Al Jezza is the station I drift towards for the current "arab spring" movement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Why don't they show Gaddafi's son's speeches live? The one last night was on BBC and Sky news but Al Jazeera had some pre-recorded discussion show on.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Their coverage is very good. Pretty balanced as well.

It's a shame that this channel isn't on freeview 24 hours instead of stuff like Russia Today.
  • daniel2015daniel2015 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    It's a shame that this channel isn't on freeview 24 hours instead of stuff like Russia Today.

Agreed.