Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Isnt it funny that some of the people you would expect to be nasty are nice and the ones that you would think would be really friendly and chatty are anything but...

Must say that I'm not suprised that Z list "stars" are known for being difficult....they seem to forget the old adage "Dont kick people on your way to the top....because they hit you twice as hard on the way back down"
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Isnt it funny that some of the people you would expect to be nasty are nice and the ones that you would think would be really friendly and chatty are anything but...

Must say that I'm not suprised that Z list "stars" are known for being difficult....they seem to forget the old adage "Dont kick people on your way to the top....because they hit you twice as hard on the way back down"[/QUOTE]

My old boss used to say "The toes you step on today could be inside the boots you are licking tomorrow"
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that this is why we don't get to see Miss Black and Miss McCutcheon on anything meaningful these days. Both have horrendous reputations
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Why Has Cilla not got a TV career these days??

I think I read somewhere that she pissed some important people off, but there are now multiple channels to work for & these important people at big TV channels move on or retire.

Doesnt explain her sudden and prolonged disappearance??
  • Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »

I think I read somewhere that she pissed some important people off, but there are now multiple channels to work for & these important people at big TV channels move on or retire.

You could also explain that by saying some of the junior people she treated badly over the years are now senior executives and are never going to employ her.
  • marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sargeant80 wrote: »
    You could also explain that by saying some of the junior people she treated badly over the years are now senior executives and are never going to employ her.

I hope that's true.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member

The thing I find puzzling about the witch that is Cilla Black is that she is apparently best mates with someone who IS (by all accounts) a nice person - Paul O'Grady! I usually go by the old saying 'you can judge a man by the company he keeps' so I'm starting to go off him now.

I'm beginning to think that when you hear one celebrity say of another 'He's/she's the nicest person in showbusiness' that the mean 'He's/she's the nicest person in showbusiness - to other people in showbusiness - but if you're a pleb - forget it!'
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She almost certainly has millions in the bank and there is no longer the need for her to work. Some showbiz types want to continue working until they are ga-ga or they drop but others prefer to bow out well before that.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing I find puzzling about the witch that is Cilla Black is that she is apparently best mates with someone who IS (by all accounts) a nice person - Paul O'Grady! I usually go by the old saying 'you can judge a man by the company he keeps' so I'm starting to go off him now.

I'm beginning to think that when you hear one celebrity say of another 'He's/she's the nicest person in showbusiness' that the mean 'He's/she's the nicest person in showbusiness - to other people in showbusiness - but if you're a pleb - forget it!'

I've wondered about that, too, but think Paul O' Grady is allowed an 'Achilles heel' just like the rest of us :p

She sounds like a proper dragon. Notice that her stint on Loose Women didn't become a permanent thing. The rest of them probably couldn't stand her and that's saying something! Whenever I've seen her on telly in recent years, she always seems a wee bit sozzled, but maybe it's just me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I try to stay out of most celebs way (not too difficult given that I live in the middle of nowhere) but have bumped into a few over the years. Ones that stick out:

Kim Wilde - this was a while ago when she was a household name - was just the nicest, chattiest person. A bunch of us were in a hotel bar in the Midlands just after she'd recorded an edition of the Radio 1 Music Marathon, and she and some blokes she was with just came over and joined us.

Angela Rippon - bumped into me on the corner of Oxford St and Tottenham Court Road. Very gracious and apologetic.

John Prescott - sadly shared a train carriage too often. He is nothing more than a loud, rude yob who is obnoxious to everyone and seems to keep an unlimited supply of pasties in his briefcase. The sight of him on a Hull Train with pasty gravy all down his tie when he was still Dep PM was amazing.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The H wrote: »
    John Prescott - sadly shared a train carriage too often. He is nothing more than a loud, rude yob who is obnoxious to everyone and seems to keep an unlimited supply of pasties in his briefcase. The sight of him on a Hull Train with pasty gravy all down his tie when he was still Dep PM was amazing.

You have my sympathies :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    soapdiva wrote: »
    Horrible
    Davina McCall - need I say more

Really? I met her with my family when she was filming at my school late at night, and I was staying behind. She was filming some sex ed thing and happily signed autographs, and made a joke about how her heels gave her vertigo, she was so nice!
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nicest and most cheerful and upbeat person on Twitter is someone whom I'm very pleased to follow and who has RT'd me several times and answered me too now and then. Pete Best - the Beatles' drummer from 1960-62 whom they dumped in favour of Ringo just when they hit the big time. He is a great man and someone whom I've a great deal of time for. Check him out. :)

Lots of other good people on Twitter - but I'm still on cloud 9 at the moment because Ian Rankin RT'd me yesterday and spoke to me there. He is, of course, a very good and famous author, writer of the Inspector Rebus novels. :)
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I first saw Lenny Henry at a station in Kent where he had been appearing in the theatre, a group of young kids ran up to him and asked him for his autograph, he told them to F*** off, the next time was at a charity do and he was the speaker, he was all over everyone when he was performing, later in the bar the man who had hired him thanked him, he said "Look, I have finished working now, just piss off and leave me alone".
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Dennis C wrote: »
    The nicest and most cheerful and upbeat person on Twitter is someone whom I'm very pleased to follow and who has RT'd me several times and answered me too now and then. Pete Best - the Beatles' drummer from 1960-62 whom they dumped in favour of Ringo just when they hit the big time. He is a great man and someone whom I've a great deal of time for. Check him out. :)

Lots of other good people on Twitter - but I'm still on cloud 9 at the moment because Ian Rankin RT'd me yesterday and spoke to me there. He is, of course, a very good and famous author, writer of the Inspector Rebus novels. :)[/QUOTE]

I was talking to someone who works in a large bookstore and he speaks very highly of Ian Rankin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was talking to someone who works in a large bookstore and he speaks very highly of Ian Rankin.

Not surprised. He seems a class act.
  • DormouseDormouse Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim Wilde - this was a while ago when she was a household name - was just the nicest, chattiest person. A bunch of us were in a hotel bar in the Midlands just after she'd recorded an edition of the Radio 1 Music Marathon, and she and some blokes she was with just came over and joined us.

Agree that Kim Wilde is absolutely lovely. I've done lots of backing singing (and met quite a few celebs), and she was just a treat. In fact, I didn't recognise her, and assumed she was production crew, because she was so warm, chatty, and friendly!

Others:

Rod Stewart's an absolute gent (and very short...).
    Donny Osmond also (and I'd like the number of his plastic surgeon and his dentist, please)
    Parky's a cheeky one, in a good way
    Andrew Scott (Moriarty in Sherlock) - funny, scatty, sweet, and very pretty
    Anna Friel - used to live near her, very normal
    Richard Briers - used to live opposite him; a really decent "neighbour" to the extent you'd forget who he was!

Bad-uns:

Certain Popera "stars"...I'll say no more.
  • Mumsy24Mumsy24 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    OH has looked after many celebs in his time and the nicest by far he says is Matthew Pinsent. A real gent and totally unaffected.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Remembered another one, although it's strictly my brother's and not mine.

Many years ago, Status Quo were doing one of their farewell concerts in Bridlington. My brother (about 10 at the time) met them on the seafront - he was their biggest fan - and asked them if they'd wait while he cycled home to get an album for them to sign. And even though it was a 20 minute round trip, they actually waited for him, and he still has the album.

Top blokes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remembered another one, although it's strictly my brother's and not mine.

Many years ago, Status Quo were doing one of their farewell concerts in Bridlington. My brother (about 10 at the time) met them on the seafront - he was their biggest fan - and asked them if they'd wait while he cycled home to get an album for them to sign. And even though it was a 20 minute round trip, they actually waited for him, and he still has the album.

Top blokes.

Top men indeed! Great tale! :)
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dormouse wrote: »
    Agree that Kim Wilde is absolutely lovely. I've done lots of backing singing (and met quite a few celebs), and she was just a treat. In fact, I didn't recognise her, and assumed she was production crew, because she was so warm, chatty, and friendly!

Others:

Rod Stewart's an absolute gent (and very short...).
    Donny Osmond also (and I'd like the number of his plastic surgeon and his dentist, please)
    Parky's a cheeky one, in a good way
    Andrew Scott (Moriarty in Sherlock) - funny, scatty, sweet, and very pretty
    Anna Friel - used to live near her, very normal
    Richard Briers - used to live opposite him; a really decent "neighbour" to the extent you'd forget who he was!

Bad-uns:

Certain Popera "stars"...I'll say no more.

You say no more but please give us a clue
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    I first saw Lenny Henry at a station in Kent where he had been appearing in the theatre, a group of young kids ran up to him and asked him for his autograph, he told them to F*** off, the next time was at a charity do and he was the speaker, he was all over everyone when he was performing, later in the bar the man who had hired him thanked him, he said "Look, I have finished working now, just piss off and leave me alone".

If celebrities don't want attention, why the hell did they choose a career where getting attention was a certainty?
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzler333 wrote: »

Bit much towards the guy that actually hired him.

That guy may have wanted to use him again for something else.

I know if someone said to me in the same situation, 'Let's use Lenny Henry again, as he was good last time', I would point out what happened in that situation.

Thankfully the job I'm in does not involve me in that sort of thing!
  • DormouseDormouse Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You say no more but please give us a clue

Specifically a certain tenor who makes a living off singing Nessun Dorma a third down. Very rude to the sound guys. NEVER be rude to the sound guys. Not sensible if you want to sound good.