Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit harsh telling the last caller to shut up on the Nancy segment. I didn't think Lesley would do her trill that early, that must be a record. I would also say that it would be a slippery slope if you attempted to legislate for the quirks of every minority - far better to challenge their culture.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a bit late and missed the Lesley trill so overall I thought she wasn't too bad today.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed today's show but if Lesley was warbling that's not a bad thing!
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    OK I braved my LesleyGarrettophobia and watched some of today - and I didn't hear her Trill once.

She still annoys me though. :mad:

Thought Karl Howman was a nice bloke.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screechy Woman must have ordered Lesley to stop trilling:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Several trills at the start from Lesley today........

Surprise the panel didn't pick up on the nane of the woman who keeps her texts..Tracey Mobely...I thought it was funny anyway..:D
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    The Wright Stuff Extra is being rebranded as Live with Gabby Logan in a few weeks. I know this will please a few people in here who were bugged by the fact it was using the TWS 'brand' despite the fact Matthew had nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Yep.
    She trilled several times and Matthew even joined in.

That's when I switched off.

:mad:
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope everybody has their earplugs/bottle of gin/razor/pills and brick prepared for tomorrows show...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Hope everybody has their earplugs/bottle of gin/razor/pills and brick prepared for tomorrows show...

John Barrowman tomorrow and IT'S MY BIRTHDAY what a treat.................not...:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Barrowman tomorrow and IT'S MY BIRTHDAY what a treat.................not...:(

Maybe you could ring in/tweet/email and ask if the Barrowman would sing you "Happy Birthday"?! I'm sure he'd be only too happy to ruin, I mean make, your birthday! :D:D:D
    I actually had to switch off Loose Women today when he came on and started being a Grade-A TW @T!!!! :D
  • Options
    richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Dragon Lady said more in her 5 minutes reviewing the Papers that she has in the entire run of that crappy Dragon's Den show.

She's rather good.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    The Wright Stuff Extra is being rebranded as Live with Gabby Logan in a few weeks. I know this will please a few people in here who were bugged by the fact it was using the TWS 'brand' despite the fact Matthew had nothing to do with it.

So another rebrand. That's useful(!) Doesn't matter what it's called - may as well be TWS Lite, or This TWS Morning.
    That Dragon Lady said more in her 5 minutes reviewing the Papers that she has in the entire run of that crappy Dragon's Den show.

I didn't realise how massive her tits were, before watching today's show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    So another rebrand. That's useful(!) Doesn't matter what it's called - may as well be TWS Lite, or This TWS Morning.

I didn't realise how massive her tits were, before watching today's show.

Deborah Meadens t!ts at not something we should ever be forced to think about!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it bring your pet to work day or something? :p

Mind you we see more of Wiggy these days than Eric!
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can’t we task the SAS to eliminate The Barrowman? Surely no-one would mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He was spot on there regarding Torchwood complainers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was spot on there regarding Torchwood complainers.

Barrowman neglecting to mention that many more people have complained about the shite quality of this latest series than they have about two blokes snogging.

But then, it’s Torchwood, where poor quality is standard.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it bring your pet to work day or something? :p

Mind you we see more of Wiggy these days than Eric!

:D

So true about lovely Eric...we need more of him, preferably in just a pair of speedos;):p
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrighty was nauseatingly PC during the Asian segment. Not racist as the Baroness made a point of excluding Indians from her criticism and his overall point of other ethnic groups doing the same is flimsy at best. It does go on in other ethnic groups but it's nowhere near as prevalent or widespread as it is in Pakistani/Bangladeshi families. The majority of Pakistani immigrants who have settled in Birmingham and Bradford hail from Mirpur, and they have a very specific mindset and relatively traditional values. The more educated Pakistanis went to the USA and have been able to integrate better/get ahead because they largely abandoned those values. Look at educational attainment in the UK - Indians/Chinese leave Pakistanis/Bengalis for dust.

Are you racist if you say what you see? Had the Baroness mentioned whites it would've been taken out of context by the gutter press and probably hijacked by the BNP. She can't win.

Barrowman was annoying as expected but made decent points on the gay scene and civil partnerships.
  • Options
    GuardianistaGuardianista Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrighty was nauseatingly PC during the Asian segment. Not racist as the Baroness made a point of excluding Indians from her criticism and his overall point of other ethnic groups doing the same is flimsy at best. It does go on in other ethnic groups but it's nowhere near as prevalent or widespread as it is in Pakistani/Bangladeshi families. The majority of Pakistani immigrants who have settled in Birmingham and Bradford hail from Mirpur, and they have a very specific mindset and relatively traditional values. The more educated Pakistanis went to the USA and have been able to integrate better/get ahead because they largely abandoned those values. Look at educational attainment in the UK - Indians/Chinese leave Pakistanis/Bengalis for dust.

Are you racist if you say what you see? Had the Baroness mentioned whites it would've been taken out of context by the gutter press and probably hijacked by the BNP. She can't win.

Barrowman was annoying as expected but made decent points on the gay scene and civil partnerships.

She did mention the whites as well - it's just Matty who told everyone she didn't.

It's worrying that no one had the simple logic to explain to Matt that facts can't be racist no matter how much he wants them to be.

The fact is the white population are having far fewer children than the groups mentioned -
    just because he's read about a few white families that have a lot doesn't change the facts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “Force people who post online to do so under their real name” is the opening topic.

Hmmmm.....wonder which side of the fence Wrighty will come down having moaned about these very forums on more than one occasion in the past.

Just because .0000001% of people can’t behave doesn’t mean the other 99+% should have their privacy taken away.
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the first time in ages, I've caught TWS this week. What utter crap. It used to be good but has now been on too long and has run out of decent things to talk about.

And who the hell is that annoying Kirsty bird and her twittering voice? I'd have thought a checkout girl at Farm Foods would be more her level.

Oh, and while I'm having a rant, on TWS last week was Lowry Turner. How does this bird keep making a living out of TV by being utterly devoid of any talent?

Finally, Lesley Garrett. What the hell is it with these ageing birds who feel the need to put glasses on when they're reading the papers? Do they think it makes them look intelligent? Vorderman and Garroway are at it too. Regarding Vorderman, can't you just tell she's single and back on the market (again)? The ageing hooker look suits her so very well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best boy wrote: »
    Finally, Lesley Garrett. What the hell is it with these ageing birds who feel the need to put glasses on when they're reading the papers? Do they think it makes them look intelligent?

Err...perhaps she’s shortsighted? Sheesh, slam her for the incessant trilling by all means but people of a certain age sometimes don’t have 20/20 vision anymore.

Nice rant. Check your blood pressure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lesley Garrett winds me up. I didn't think she'd have the need to randomly burst into song like she did on Loose Women, but she still does it :sleep:.
This discussion has been closed.