Richard Madeley really is Alan Partridge

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    They actually had Bill Oddie on, which is a bit weird. Going for a full house.

They just need Sue Cook. I would love it if they had her on and Richard shouted at her (off camera) 'you can take the **** out of your mouth now, Sue'

:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Forgive me copying and pasting the fact that he lets his parts dangle in the breeze, but if I was suffering by reading it, all of you had to, as well.

There are a few spare buckets handy if anyone is still feeling billious at the thought of Richard striding around the studio, commando-style........ :( *huppppppppppppppp*

\_/ \_/ \_/ \_/

They just need Sue Cook. I would love it if they had her on and Richard shouted at her (off camera) 'you can take the **** out of your mouth now, Sue'

:D *snort* :D
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The funniest thing is when he's on the phone and you don't know who with, and he's saying 'woah hang on...that's bang out of order...well no you shove it up your arse!' then he slams the phone down and says 'Sue Cook's pulled out'

That's Alan of course, not Richard.

By the way, here's a clip from Alan Partridge and I defy anyone not to think of Richard at some parts -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drObf8yWOc
  • codacoda Posts: 5,337
    Forum Member
    Richard has NOTHING on this guy. Is this real??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIewbogHK0I
  • codacoda Posts: 5,337
    Forum Member
    Richard has to have a small penis. I'd say 4.5" at the most.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coda wrote: »

Ah well, at least it gives Jude a reason to hit the booze.
  • nextloislanenextloislane Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coda wrote: »

4.5" in which direction?:D:cool:

tune in to the show tomorrow folks, they are going to be doing a psychic experiment on their daughter chloe

(did you know their daughter's called chloe, by the way?):D
    Forum Member
    Good grief, they have absolutely no shame at all when it comes to nepotism, do they? :rolleyes:
    By the way, here's a clip from Alan Partridge and I defy anyone not to think of Richard at some parts -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drObf8yWOc
    Brilliant :D I wish Steve Coogan would resurrect his Partridge character. Until then, we will have to make to with Richard...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason I have been watching R&J this week and I find it difficult to believe they are even worse than they used to be. Yesterday Richard was positively manic with the cast of Larkrise and when Phil Hammond was on it was just a contest to see who could shout loudest over each other. And as for Judy's cackle!:eek:

Any broadcaster thinking of investing in these idiots please think again.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I like them!!!!

Judy seems to be a lovely woman and has the bluest eyes ever. So there!!!!
  • winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    For some reason I have been watching R&J this week and I find it difficult to believe they are even worse than they used to be. Yesterday Richard was positively manic with the cast of Larkrise and when Phil Hammond was on it was just a contest to see who could shout loudest over each other. And as for Judy's cackle!:eek:

Any broadcaster thinking of investing in these idiots please think again.

LOL Have you noticed how they keep taking each others links, or rather Richard does, then they have a little bicker about it. They didn't used to do that so much as lately. they always bickered though.

Judy is ready for the slippers and cocoa by the fire, while Richard wants to 'get down with the kids' and to go clubbing still. With the ubiquitous Chloe.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy must truly love him to sit next to him day after day while he makes a complete ass of himself.
    I think the strain of all those years with him is really starting to show on her though.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't write Judy off just because she's an older woman presenter. I for one am tired of seeing these young things presenting and edging out the older woman. I.E. Moira Stuart.
    Forum Member
    ^good point - Judy's problem is Richard though, the way he talks over her or deliberately embarrasses her.

I've watched a lot of this series, and they seem to be winding down now - some of the things Richard has come out with over the last 2 weeks has been, well I was going to say extraordinary, but it seems normal for him. He takes crass to new levels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^good point - Judy's problem is Richard though, the way he talks over her or deliberately embarrasses her.

I've watched a lot of this series, and they seem to be winding down now - some of the things Richard has come out with over the last 2 weeks has been, well I was going to say extraordinary, but it seems normal for him. He takes crass to new levels.

On Monday, when they had the Kamikaze survivors on, one gentleman explained that they were still in the thick of it and had lost several crew members the day before VE day so were not up for celebrating. Richard then asked if he wanted to see some of the VE day celebrations and the guy said 'No'. Dicky basically then said well we've got a clip so we'll run it anyway. Unbelieveable!
    Forum Member
    On Monday, when they had the Kamikaze survivors on, one gentleman explained that they were still in the thick of it and had lost several crew members the day before VE day so were not up for celebrating. Richard then asked if he wanted to see some of the VE day celebrations and the guy said 'No'. Dicky basically then said well we've got a clip so we'll run it anyway. Unbelieveable!

I missed that classic! He's a legend, but not in a good way. Still, he's entertaining for the sheer crassness. :o
    Forum Member
    On Monday, when they had the Kamikaze survivors on, one gentleman explained that they were still in the thick of it and had lost several crew members the day before VE day so were not up for celebrating.
    Richard then asked if he wanted to see some of the VE day celebrations and the guy said 'No'. Dicky basically then said well we've got a clip so we'll run it anyway. Unbelieveable!
    Oh my god. CRINGGGGGGGGGE :eek::o:mad::o:eek:
  • nextloislanenextloislane Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lol, can't believe i missed that pearler.

it's like he's written the script, so there can be no changes, even when it obviously upsets the guests.

can you imagine being a guest at their house, i wonder if it's the same......

just thought i would share this:

http://www.anagramgenius.com/archive/richar9.html

oh, and this has been posted before, but i just thought it was worth another mention just because it makes me laugh:

http://www.richardmadeley.net/
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Did you hear how he spoke to Judy today when she asked was "Gas" wind?
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    Talking about the new C4 programme tonight "My Street", the programme maker was discussing one of the residents who had a "troubled" life because he suffers from Tourette's Syndrome and OCD.............

Richard mumbles "has er had"

play the film etc........

cue back to Richard who blurts out

"of course I said 'had' because he's DEAD NOW!"

:eek:

I could have just reached in the telly and casually throttled him........ :mad: :rolleyes:
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Please don't write Judy off just because she's an older woman presenter.

Oh no. I'd write her off because she's shockingly incompetent and amateurish for someone with her experience in TV. She appears to do little research, fidgets non-stop, makes a ridiculous fuss about reading the autocue, claims to suffer from 'The Flu' (never a common cold) every other week and sometimes seems to lose her concentration. I've nothing against her age at all.

Madeley, on the other hand, is an absurd egomaniac who thinks he's an expert on history, politics, anthropology, music and comedy. He says 'um' several times a minute, uses interviews to talk about himself and, as others have noted, talks over his co-presenter time and time again. Of the two of them, he's the worst - and that's saying something!
    Forum Member
    yeah, Madeley who 'can't wait to watch it tonight' did all he could to ruin My Street.

Judy was a shambles today. Wittering on about the sort of gas you get from Garlic! primetime stuff, and I won't go near the issue of Chloe because she is a bit of a soft target, but her rapier wit and intelligence seems to come below wearing a short skirt, high heels and flirting a lot. But hey, she really loves the film blah blah. Predictable stuff.

But back to Jude, why doesn't she wear glasses again? if she can't read the autocue. You would have thought they'd give the script a once over beforehand anyway. They always seemed to be well briefed in the past, but less so these days.
    Forum Member
    Talking about the new C4 programme tonight "My Street", the programme maker was discussing one of the residents who had a "troubled" life because he suffers from Tourette's Syndrome and OCD.............

Richard mumbles "has er had"

play the film etc........

cue back to Richard who blurts out

"of course I said 'had' because he's DEAD NOW!"

:eek:

I could have just reached in the telly and casually throttled him........ :mad: :rolleyes:

Apart from being completely crass and insensitive - what if his relatives were watching - he's giving the story away before we've seen it.

It would have emphasised the point of the solitary confinement of many people's lives, poignantly, without this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Just thought I'd bump this up because I'm new to the forums and couldn't believe I had found such a hilarious post on Richard Madeley, had to contribute. Did anyone see the episode some time this year where the power supplies failed or something similar and R&J desperatly attempted to continue the show minus the autocue, they were so bad, they didn't have a clue considering they are supposed to be such experienced journalists.

Did anyone see it today? Richard was prancing around posing in a permed wig and laughing at Judy. It was so bad!
    Forum Member
    Welcome Rachel ! :)

This is a great repository of Madeley Partridgisms. I think they've both given up now the end is in sight. I cringed yesterday when they had "hot new band"(c) Alpha Beat on.

But today, I gave up when Nick Ford-Fiesta came on, and I knew Jeffrey Archer was up next :eek:

I remember the power cut, from memory I think they were a shambles but it was slightly better than the day before when they seemed even more all over the place.