[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Could you tell me the winning numbers in tomorrow night's lottery? :D

Eh???
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been a lot of accusations about what Nathan is like behind the scenes. Who of us actually knows? Yes there have been little snippets leaked to the press but in my experience these are usually done deliberately to either big someone up or destroy them. How quiet it has been about the other performers!
    Note to 'the lord'. If you have a problem with someone, you have a word. If that doesn't work, you boot em off. You certainly don't wait for their performance then go off on one on live TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Could you tell me the winning numbers in tomorrow night's lottery? :D

What are you on about, :confused:
    You seem to be unnecessarily childish
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »
    So who will get the ALW knife treatment tonght, I wonder? Roger and David, probably. They'll be jettisoned to make way for the dreary coronation of Ben, who'll emote wetly over some perfectly decent ballads while the panel respond as though it's the second coming.

get voting for roger

Roger is my fave of those left, but I'm convinced he's a goner. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    The question is - why did ALW put Nathan through the to the live shows?? He is cocky - always been cocky - not changed one bit. The issue here is ALW & the production of the show. Nathan was put through because he would be good telly but ALW didn't want him as Jesus. Sorry - it is wrong to use someone like that. If he didn't want him for the role (as evidenced apparently by his feedback since the start of live shows) either because he was not the right 'fit' or his attitude stinks then he shouldn't have been put through in the first place.

If he was so bad he should have been removed by ALW & the producers not by manipulating the public vote. If anything said was untrue last night then ALW should be taken to task by Ofcom.

Maybe like with all the contestants and not just Nathan, ALW sees the talent there and hopes to make them into stars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Roger is my fave of those left, but I'm convinced he's a goner. :(

There is a chance he will stay if people vote.

It might just make the difference

:)
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe like with all the contestants and not just Nathan, ALW sees the talent there and hopes to make them into stars.

Wake up. He has been trying to get him out since the live shows started. He was the telly entertainment for a few shows needed by the producers. Trouble was he was getting too popular & they had to act. The only folks now bothered with this show are the musical threatre luvvies. ALW has lost the main stream audience by his actions last night even if many were not particuarly supporters of Nathan it seems.
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just looked at ALW Facebook page, it isn't done by him obviously but people have spoken on there that they have complained to ITV about his treatment of Nathan lastnight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wake up. He has been trying to get him out since the live shows started. He was the telly entertainment for a few shows needed by the producers. Trouble was he was getting too popular & they had to act. The only folks now bothered with this show are the musical threatre luvvies. ALW has lost the main stream audience by his actions last night even if many were not particuarly supporters of Nathan it seems.

Why are the supporters of Nathan so rude and agressive?
    What silliness, wake up?

What! you think I am sleep typing?
    You think I have never watched a reality show before?
    That I have no idea how the industry works?
    What makes you think you know more than me on the matter because I do not agree with the tantrums I have noticed on this board?
    Believe me I am very much awake and I have been through the whole show.

Nathan was clearly not too popular.
    Clearly David, Rory and Ben are more popular.

You need to realise this attitude will just alienate people more against Nathan and anyway he is out of the show now so there is no longer any need to attack the people who are still following their favourite here
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been a lot of accusations about what Nathan is like behind the scenes. Who of us actually knows? Yes there have been little snippets leaked to the press but in my experience these are usually done deliberately to either big someone up or destroy them. How quiet it has been about the other performers!
    Note to 'the lord'. If you have a problem with someone, you have a word. If that doesn't work, you boot em off. You certainly don't wait for their performance then go off on one on live TV.

I agree.Also - maybe there's a view that many people will watch and vote simply because they like voting, no matter what goes on. TV companies count on that.
    In other words, what's actually happening is less important to some viewers than the thrill :D of voting. ' Fastest Ice Lolly Licker' would make money.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh???
    5Captains wrote: »
    What are you on about, :confused:
    You seem to be unnecessarily childish

I meant you see to be able to tell already who will sing well tonight and who won't. That's all. It was a joke and and as I'm in my 50s, thank you for the 'childish' compliment. I'm not sure what made you make such a rude comment about me tbh. The show is light entertainment you know, not a matter of life and death. ;)

Those of you questioning why ALW put Nathan through to the final are surely doing Nathan a disservice?

He has a fabulous voice and could have improved over period of the live shows. That was the case for all of the finalists. He did not or could not take on board the feedback from the judges.
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are the supporters of Nathan so rude and agressive?
    What silliness, wake up?

What! you think I am sleep typing?
    You think I have never watched a reality show before?
    That I have no idea how the industry works?
    What makes you think you know more than me on the matter because I do not agree with the tantrums I have noticed on this board?
    Believe me I am very much awake and I have been through the whole show.

Nathan was clearly not too popular.
    arly David, Rory and Ben are more popular.

You need to realise this attitude will just alienate people more against Nathan and anyway he is out of the show now so there is no longer any need to attack the people who are still following their favourite here

Me rude. Pot kettle black. I'm not a supporter of Nathan but what I hate to see is blatent manipulation of the public (even if they can't see it!!! ;)) & character assassination of performers just for tv. How anyone with an ounce of decency can believe what has gone on with this show is acceptable is beyond me. If ALW wants a bland MT actor for the role he should have either got a load of them for the live shows or even better give the role to his chosen one in the first place. Fact is a tv show consisting of a load of bland 'nice' MT actors is not good tv so the production team needed individuals like Jonathan/Nathan to use for their own purposes. I've got to the point that I hope that JCS flops big time as that is the only way that ALW will learn.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    So how about we make ALW pay for last night - if we can band together behind Roger and save him it will leave ALW facing a choice he would not want - and I daresay would not bergain for

Perfect payback.

No, I won't vote I'm afraid. I'm very wised up now to how these shows work. Anyway, I doubt that ALW gives a fig what others think. He'll get what he wants in the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me rude. Pot kettle black. I'm not a supporter of Nathan but what I hate to see is blatent manipulation of the public (even if they can't see it!!! ;)) & character assassination of performers just for tv. How anyone with an ounce of decency can believe what has gone on with this show is acceptable is beyond me. If ALW wants a bland MT actor for the role he should have either got a load of them for the live shows or even better give the role to his chosen one in the first place. Fact is a tv show consisting of a load of bland 'nice' MT actors is not good tv so the production team needed individuals like Jonathan/Nathan to use for their own purposes. I've got to the point that I hope that JCS flops big time as that is the only way that ALW will learn.

I've not noticed Charlie_Charles being rude, but I've thought your posts were rude at least twice and that's just today. You seem to think you know more than everyone one else and you must be right about what happens on these shows. Not everyone is a cynical as you appear to be and it would be nice if you'd respect the opinion of others a bit more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I meant you see to be able to tell already who will sing well tonight and who won't. That's all. It was a joke and and as I'm in my 50s, thank you for the 'childish' compliment. I'm not sure what made you make such a rude comment about me tbh. The show is light entertainment you know, not a matter of life and death. ;)

Those of you questioning why ALW put Nathan through to the final are surely doing Nathan a disservice?

He has a fabulous voice and could have improved over period of the live shows. That was the case for all of the finalists. He did not or could not take on board the feedback from the judges.

Is this aimed at me?
    Or is this aimed at 5Captains?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did I said a contestant will sing well tonight over another contestant?

You didn't - 5Captains did. I included your post in my reply because you didn't get what I meant either (wish I hadn't posted now! :D).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this aimed at me?
    Or is this aimed at 5Captains?

5Captains. I think your posts have made perfect sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hi BuddyBontheNet,
    Sorry for the harsh comment, I have received a few posts by Nathan fans and thought you were being rude. I have re-read my post and realised its grammatically wrong....that should have read "he does not deserve to be in the sing off tonight...etc...."
    Your comment was justified. :D

I too think Nathan was a great singer, but as with a lot of things in life, especially work, you have to bend to your boss' wishes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    digimoan wrote: »
    Fingers crossed as semi-final tonight they will actually sing something from the SHOW

Just feels like x-factor at the mo imo

I wish they would sing something from the show, as well.

It would be nice to have a taster
  • Options
    Forum Member
    5Captains. I think your posts have made perfect sense.

Oh thank you, you too.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5Captains wrote: »
    Hi BuddyBontheNet,
    Sorry for the harsh comment, I have received a few posts by Nathan fans and thought you were being rude. I have re-read my post and realised its grammatically wrong....that should have read "he does not deserve to be in the sing off tonight...etc...."
    Your comment was justified. :D

I too think Nathan was a great singer, but as with a lot of things in life, especially work, you have to bend to your boss' wishes.

Peace then! :D

I try not to be rude, but sometimes you can't tell how your post will come over to others.
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm cynical as well but I defend the right of any member of the British public not to notice when there are perhaps dodgy doings on a television reality show.

This is still a free country and anyone can say whatever they like within the bounds of the law, even if they cannot see the woods for the trees eg don't recognise the bits of Puccini Andrew LLoyd Webber thought were very useful or if they have forgotten in the excitement of voting that the show needs a rock tenor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You didn't - 5Captains did. I included your post in my reply because you didn't get what I meant either (wish I hadn't posted now! :D).

No please don't worry.

I think people are still a little tense from some other posts.

I hope this board calms down and we can chat/post nicley from now on.
    That even IF! our favourite is eliminated we can still come on the board and be supportive of those left in.

I support Roger as I am sure every one here knows :) and looking at the past events he is likely to go out tonight.
    :mad:

If he does I hope he shows dignity and I hope I get to see him in something, ALW so far has been quite open in his further support of the contestants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've not noticed Charlie_Charles being rude, but I've thought your posts were rude at least twice and that's just today. You seem to think you know more than everyone one else and you must be right about what happens on these shows. Not everyone is a cynical as you appear to be and it would be nice if you'd respect the opinion of others a bit more.

Elegantly said :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm cynical as well but I defend the right of any member of the British public not to notice when there are perhaps dodgy doings on a television reality show.

This is still a free country and anyone can say whatever they like within the bounds of the law, even if they cannot see the woods for the trees eg don't recognise the bits of Puccini Andrew LLoyd Webber thought were very useful or if they have forgotten in the excitement of voting that the show needs a rock tenor.

Thank you for defending us poor deluded fools but we are very capable of making our own minds up on this and none of us feel cheated because Nathan is out.

I am sure any one of the four left in are more than capable of filling the role.