✭✭✭
    From the other thread, The Murder Game.

Great format.
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cult 80s Game Show 'The Interceptor'

The main reason it was cancelled back in the day was apparently that the mobile communications, positioning technology, and general logistical operations were too expensive.

The show would be waaaay cheaper to make now
  • Options
    g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Treasure Hunt brought back but I haven't thought about who could jump out of the helicopter like Anneka Rice used to do!

Rachel Riley

Show I'd bring back:-

Space:1999
    Shortland Street (Still being made in New Zealand)
    Prison Break
    Bugs
  • Options
    Object ZObject Z Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UFO (Which is too short an answer just to post on its own)
  • Options
    edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soldier Soldier

Watching the old series on the Drama channel on Sky brings back 90's memories
  • Options
    edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Treasure Hunt brought back but I haven't thought about who could jump out of the helicopter like Anneka Rice used to do!

Davina
    Emma Willis
    Stacey Soloman (would be hilarious)
  • Options
    yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    Stacey Soloman (would be hilarious)

I am sure she would jump at it :)
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps Jessica Ennis?
    Davonator wrote: »
    Cult 80s Game Show 'The Interceptor'

The main reason it was cancelled back in the day was apparently that the mobile communications, positioning technology, and general logistical operations were too expensive.

The show would be waaaay cheaper to make now

Get me down low Mikey! I have a few episodes recorded from a repeat last year on Challenge.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    Perhaps Jessica Ennis?

Get me down low Mikey! I have a few episodes recorded from a repeat last year on Challenge.

Interceptor was cancelled because the new ITV (who had cancelled 3-2-1 with still over 10 million viewers) wanted other ITV companies to be responsible for bringing programmes to the network and Thames was considered to already be providing far too many shows.

Interceptor cost money, Thames had a licence to fight and pay for therefore as it didn't make the show it was dropped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    the crystal maze! <3
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV News at Ten ( the nineties version). There was a villain in it called 'Tony Blair' and I couldn't wait for him to get his comeuppance. But when they brought it back, he'd gone!
  • Options
    sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mole, exactly as it was, never missed it!Got the first mole completely srong we thought it was Zi - it was brilliant!
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    In the sense of repeats?

I was just trying to be bitchy. My boring gripes about no cliff hangers and bad writing with Dr Who.

After watching the first ever 3-2-1 with all the women with Deirdre glasses and Janice Long as a contestant, on challenge. No thanks. Celebrity Squares could be ok again though.
  • Options
    Will_LozWill_Loz Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Bring back Eldorado :D
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ripper Street - although I read (prob on here) that it was coming back but not on BBC. Hope so.

Lilies - this was a classic period drama set in Liverpool whose home should have been Sunday nights but BBC 1 scheduled it on Fridays at 9. Only lasted one series - should have been more.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelts wrote: »
    The Mole, exactly as it was, never missed it!Got the first mole completely srong we thought it was Zi - it was brilliant!

I'm watching US Mole series 5... love the Mole but I think the internet would ruin it if it was brought back, people would tweet or post pics of the contestants while filming and ruin it.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I'm watching US Mole series 5... love the Mole but I think the internet would ruin it if it was brought back, people would tweet or post pics of the contestants while filming and ruin it.

In my country it is still running (season 14 at the moment, and the 10th season running with celebrities in them) and only once someone was spotted on an airport (a finalist). It is one of the best watched shows on television.

The tweets are solved by allowing the contestants to tweet during the filming. And it is different from something like The Apprentice, which is filmed in the same country (though there is a rumour that some backpackers spotted an elimination this year).

This is the trailer for the season that is currently running over here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liUnUjMhY2M
  • Options
    sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved the Mole, not sure if the internet would ruin it, there were plenty of forums anyway, Maybe the 'wannabe celebs' might, the ones mistaking it for Big Brother - great programme, absolute must see television! Has to be with Glen Hugill if they brought it back, he was excellent!