The Blacklist starring James Spader (UK Pace) on Sky Living

Comments

• Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fleabee wrote: »
    I would still like to know WHY Red singled Lizzie out in the first place. It can't simply be because he knew her dad.

I wonder if Berlin is the Alan Alda character, and there's a crossover between Red's nemesis and Lizzies.

Isn't it common knowledge that red is lizzies dad? Or is this something I've assumed...
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Isn't it common knowledge that red is lizzies dad? Or is this something I've assumed...

Unless you're watching at US pace and know something we don't, it's something you've assumed.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you're watching at US pace and know something we don't, it's something you've assumed.

I'm watching UK pace... Anyways, I think red being lizzies dad is the only thing that makes sense.. I think it's been hinted at though.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    There have been plot points that suggest it or have pushed the audience in to that way of thinking but there has also been opposites to that including Red himself saying that he wasn't.

I guess it could still happen but I think now the general consensus is that Red was a friend of Lizzie's father.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    I'm watching UK pace... Anyways, I think red being lizzies dad is the only thing that makes sense.. I think it's been hinted at though.

He told her he wasn't her dad and that he has never lied to her , so..................
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More likely he is her uncle, her dad and him were brothers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would still like to know WHY Red singled Lizzie out in the first place. It can't simply be because he knew her dad.

I wonder if Berlin is the Alan Alda character, and there's a crossover between Red's nemesis and Lizzies.

Her real dad was a criminal. Maybe Red and her dad crossed paths? Maybe he knew her dad because of the secrets he was exposed to when he was being groomed for admiral and Liz's real dad plays some part into the conspiracy perhaps.

The drawing in one of the flashbacks when Liz's going through Sam's belongings, is of a bear, I flipped it upside down I could make out Liz and flipped it back I could just about make out the name Ray which is rather faint.

I feel he's using her as part of his plan to draw out Tom, Berlin of course! Maybe Berlin is in fact Liz's real dad thus Red's Adversary and he can't exactly go in guns blazing to Berlin which is where Lizzie and the FBI come in. I think Red doesn't have the entire picture, wants answers as to why Berlin was meddling with his business and the story of what happened to his family.

I get a feeling that this is a three way war, Berlin is a third party with similar corrupt figures high up in the criminal underworld and therefore Fitch's rival.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    The only way out, was for him to Jump....:o

Tom must know, Liz knows.
    And that fight Liz had with the Brother in Law.....ouch!

Great case this week too, with the Nose.:o
  • The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does make Berlin out to be really scary
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So was The Undertaker actually facilitating the earlier murders on behalf of others? They never seemed to explain that.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to say I'm loving the soundtrack.

Some well picked songs in apt moments - and I'm finding some brilliant new artists too.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So was The Undertaker actually facilitating the earlier murders on behalf of others?
    Yes; for money. Much of which went to the relatives of the suicide-assassins. I get the impression he didn't make much for himself. And what Red wanted from the FBI was the client list: the people who had paid the Undertaker to arrange the kills.
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzie did annoy me during the Wedding. She didn't act the loving wife very well, how many veiled threats were in that little speech to Tom? You'd think she'd want him to think everything was normal - she completely let him know she was on to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto on the soundtrack, they pick the songs really well that they are so apt for the scenes. I love that song when Lizzie's looking at the board on Tom and the camera pans out.

Oh I think Liz wants him to know, that's why she was being very open, rather careless about it, she can no longer stand him anymore and keep up the charade. If you've seen the previews for the next episode, Liz knocks Tom about and interrogates him. Liz doesn't want to play nice!
    Forum Member
    sam_h786 wrote: »
    Ditto on the soundtrack, they pick the songs really well that they are so apt for the scenes. I love that song when Lizzie's looking at the board on Tom and the camera pans out.

Oh I think Liz wants him to know, that's why she was being very open, rather careless about it, she can no longer stand him anymore and keep up the charade. If you've seen the previews for the next episode, Liz knocks Tom about and interrogates him. Liz doesn't want to play nice!
    Who Are You, Really? by Mikky Ekko.....that was cool.
    :cool:
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I find the storylines interesting as James Spader is doing a phenomenal job but the Tom and lizzie storyline is cringeworthy!!
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzie did annoy me during the Wedding. She didn't act the loving wife very well, how many veiled threats were in that little speech to Tom? You'd think she'd want him to think everything was normal - she completely let him know she was on to him.

I thought this too, she was not exactly being subtle!!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I thought the actress looked better this episode He had a large square jawline but that shorter hair really made an improvement.
    Forum Member
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    I find the storylines interesting as James Spader is doing a phenomenal job but the Tom and lizzie storyline is cringeworthy!!
    Isn't that the central storyline, to all of this, and everything that revolves around it/them {apart from the case of the week}.
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now the story is becoming very much about Tom, how long can they play this out and what when or if it's resolved? Will it just revert back to Red and his list?
    Forum Member
    Woodentop wrote: »
    Now the story is becoming very much about Tom, how long can they play this out and what when or if it's resolved? Will it just revert back to Red and his list?
    Have to wait....and see - I like the 'case of the week', with the extra bit's, Tom and the Apple Guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!

Predictions?
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The FBI wrote: »
    Wow!

Predictions?

Still no idea but the logo on the outside of the envelope she opened at the very end was the same one as on the box hidden under the floor in the very first episode which (to my eye anyway) bears an uncanny resemblance to the (suspiciously never mentioned any more) scar on her wrist!

This storyline involves layer upon layer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the symbol on Tom's to go box and Liz's scar represent the Berlin group.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So was toms new orders to plant doubt in lizzis mind about red