I agree, a brilliant show tonight :)

Laughed throughout glad I watched it live and recorded The Voice
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Laughed throughout glad I watched it live and recorded The Voice

Same here, I didn't fancy watching 2 straight hours of The Voice.

The Chase game at the beginning was great, Madeley on Get Outta Me Ear was brilliant and the End Of The Show show was fantastic. Spandau Ballet was good as well. A very consistent show with hardly any dips :)
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here, I didn't fancy watching 2 straight hours of The Voice.

The Chase game at the beginning was great, Madeley on Get Out Me Ear was brilliant and the End Of The Show show was fantastic. Spandau Ballet was good as well. A very consistent show with hardly any dips :)

I agree! And I love it when they genuinely crack up at each other too, Dec at Ant Hegarty and you could see Ant chuckling during the end as well! :)
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    These 2 are definitely morphing into Morecambe and Wise.

Morecambe and Wise would have been nothing without Eddie Braben. They certainly couldn't have held a live entertainment programme together as Ant and Dec do. I always preferred The Two Ronnies to M & W as they wrote a lot of their material which I found much cleverer than anything in M & W....
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a brilliant show! From the introduction (with Ant saying he tightened Madonna's cloak at The Brits) to The Disgrace and the introduction of Anne ('Please welcome...' *side look at Ant* '... the Governess herself...' 'What?!'), I'm A Celebrity Get Out of My Ear (especially the moment when Ant and Dec suddenly realised that Richard was wearing the photographer's shoe when dipping his foot the pool), the new New York game (have to say the slide looks fun), the Super Computer (the obvious pre-arranged proposal was still sweet) and the Singalong Live (prison goal?!).

But the best part was the End of the Show Show - I thought last week was a bit messy and they were trying too much but tonight's was perfect. I wonder how long they rehearsed that for? I'm not sure if that section was pre-recorded; firstly because Ant and Dec changed very quickly and secondly because there were a couple of words in the script which could have been badly mispronounced (I'm sure Simon said 'forked' and think Ant had to say 'piste'). But fantastic all the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other thing I forgot - "Madonna's" legs waving in the air when they cut to "her" during Win The Ads. :D
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of rubbish this show is.
  • Options
    The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of rubbish this show is.

Balls. I'm no Ant & Dec fan but it's classic Saturday night TV in the vein of Noel's House Party et al. There's nothing to hate about it.
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balls. I'm no Ant & Dec fan but it's classic Saturday night TV in the vein of Noel's House Party et al. There's nothing to hate about it.

There is nothing to hate about any TV show as life is too short, but this show is so contrived as to be laughable.

Do people think Richard Madeley's visitors really had no idea what wa going on? The cameras were MOVING and following them around the house and garden, so they were hardly hidden.
    I agree it's quite well made but I wish people would understand that it's all scripted
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Morecambe and Wise would have been nothing without Eddie Braben. They certainly couldn't have held a live entertainment programme together as Ant and Dec do. I always preferred The Two Ronnies to M & W as they wrote a lot of their material which I found much cleverer than anything in M & W....

I totally agree with the above. I have never been able to see what all the fuss about Morecambe and Wise is. Their type of humour caters for very small children and people who are not very bright or don't have much of a sense of humour. Morecambe putting his glasses on upside down and doing a silly grin for example, is the type of thing a very young child would do, what on earth is funny about a grown man doing it time after time.

Ant and Dec can be juvenile at times but have so much talent compared to M & W.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with the above. I have never been able to see what all the fuss about Morecambe and Wise is. Their type of humour caters for very small children and people who are not very bright or don't have much of a sense of humour. Morecambe putting his glasses on upside down and doing a silly grin for example, is the type of thing a very young child would do, what on earth is funny about a grown man doing it time after time.

LMFAO I've heard it all now.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I never said I hated it. But I do think it's childish tripe. Glad you mentioned Noel's House Party. That was crap too. Nice comparison. :D
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely excellent episode! The new game looked fun, and great to see Singalong and Ear back! I think those and Photo Booth are my favourites.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Possibly the daftest opinion ever posted on DS.

And that's saying quite something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    Absolutely excellent episode! The new game looked fun, and great to see Singalong and Ear back! I think those and Photo Booth are my favourites.

I love Ear but fear it could become over-exposed so don't mind Undercover giving it a week off now and again. Then again, I guess they have so many potential parts to the show they could miss it out entirely - there was no Ant vs. Dec or Photo Booth last night. I assume Little Ant and Dec will be conducting some interviews as well as they were in episode one.
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,328
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    I assume Little Ant and Dec will be conducting some interviews as well as they were in episode one.

Little A&D are interviewing Take That in next week's show it seems.
    The Geordie duo host another Saturday night packed full of entertainment. The boys are joined by celebrity guest announcer Rob Brydon, Little Ant and Dec meet pop superstars Take That, the Supercomputer heads to Southampton, one lucky audience member attempts to win the ads and Jeremy Kyle takes part in the latest instalment of I'm a Celebrity... Get Out of Me Ear! The boys also battle it out in the next round of Ant v Dec and take part in another all-singing, all-dancing End of the Show Show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. It looks like Singalong Live and possibly the slide will be dropped so Ant vs. Dec and Little Ant and Dec can have time.
  • Options
    chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it. Easy Saturday night viewing. I do enjoy it more when Ashley Roberts is on though:-)
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really was a great show and it looked like they had a lot of fun on it this week which was lovely to watch! :)
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was re-watching the end of the show and realised that Little Ant and Dec were actually on last night's show, pulling back the curtain before the 'play' started and appearing again at the end of it. Not sure it was worth them coming down from Newcastle just to do that!
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was re-watching the end of the show and realised that Little Ant and Dec were actually on last night's show, pulling back the curtain before the 'play' started and appearing again at the end of it. Not sure it was worth them coming down from Newcastle just to do that!

Well they thought it was as they wouldn't have them on
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do work hard to get this show right. They do have a big team who help, but they also busy with other projects. I'm surprised they have time for holidays.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    They do work hard to get this show right. They do have a big team who help, but they also busy with other projects. I'm surprised they have time for holidays.

I'm sure the £30 million deal they struck with ITV more than makes up for it.
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Possibly the daftest opinion ever posted on DS.

And that's saying quite something.

That's your opinion.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,851
    Forum Member
    It was a far better show last night than the week before.

Not sure how much of it is actullay live though. They both got changed very quickly for the End Of The Show Show and Ant got change into his Ann Hegarty outfit very fast at the beginning of the show and he had make up on too.

However ever if some bits are recorded before transmission then it doesn't matter, the End Of The Show Show was very Two Ronnie's I thought. I do hope Ronnie Corbett was watching and enjoyed it.