Rufus Hound for presenter?

kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
Forum Member
✭✭
I've never been a great fan of Rufus Hound, but after his appearance on ITT (Friday 19 Oct) I couldn't help thinking he'd make a great presenter for the show. While remaining upbeat and lighthearted, he proved he has great knowledge about Strictly, and respect for the dancers/dances.

Comments

• Cat.JCat.J Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a great idea! Graham Norton is still my number one choice to replace Bruce, but I wouldn't mind Rufus Hound doing it instead. Was it him who won Comic Relief doing Cheryl Cole's Fight for this Love? (or whatever it was called) :)
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to think Rufus Hound was ok, I thought he was really funny in Let's Dance for Comic Relief which he deservedly won! However, recently I've gone off him because of him throwing his toys out of the pram with this rant.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a385592/rufus-hound-slams-digital-spy-forum-critics-youre-fking-morons.html

So I doubt if he'd cope well with criticism if he was ever made a presenter.

I do agree he does seem to be a fan of the show and he was quite funny last night, perhaps they should ask him on as a contestant but then he'd still have to face criticism ;)
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member
    Yes please to Rufus.

Can we also have Seann Walsh as co-presenter and let him loose to create havoc in the Tosspit? :D No? :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's better left unscripted! I do like him though. Not relevant, but apparently his children are called Alby and Hilda :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    He was great on ITT! His comment about SCD re-writing The Graduate so that Benjamin was older than Mrs Robinson made me laugh (although doubt Anton found it funny...)

Never seen anything else he's done...has he done any presenting?
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I used to think Rufus Hound was ok, I thought he was really funny in Let's Dance for Comic Relief which he deservedly won! However, recently I've gone off him because of him throwing his toys out of the pram with this rant.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a385592/rufus-hound-slams-digital-spy-forum-critics-youre-fking-morons.html

I do agree he does seem to be a fan of the show and he was quite funny last night, perhaps they should ask him on as a contestant but then he'd still have to face criticism ;)

I started to think he'd be OK as presenter but after reading your link, it's a big NO from me. People have to be able to take criticism in their stride in his profession.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »

He has ranted a few times. I don't think he was being totally serious though. The DS forums are kind of full of vitriol, hate and anger :p
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had no idea who he was so I watched him with an open mind.

I thought he was a total idiot :rolleyes:

Present a show like SCD? I really do not think he could cope.
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, he can't be any worse than Brucie!
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    Well, he can't be any worse than Brucie!

Fair point. Brucie is just the pits :D
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham Norton should do SCD after Brucie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »

This.

He's a self-obsessed idiot who likes the sound of his own voice.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rotationbl wrote: »
    He has ranted a few times. I don't think he was being totally serious though. The DS forums are kind of full of vitriol, hate and anger :p

Really :confused: My experience has been that it's been a place of love, acceptance and tolerance of everyone's views :D:p:p

It's hard to know whether he's being serious or not! I know DS put a video up of him ranting a while back - it was rather unpleasant to watch but then he did look a bit p**sed!

I know forums can be harsh but as maggie said you have to take the rough with the smooth if you put yourself in the media spotlight. Some of these 'celebs' & some of their obsessive fans/admirers seem to think they should be untouchable and beyond the slightest bit of criticism!
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangoqueen wrote: »
    This.

He's a self-obsessed idiot who likes the sound of his own voice.

yes and his blaming Karen for Nicky's crap dancing showed how superficial his knowledge is. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rotationbl wrote: »

Exactly. He is right.

Digital Spy is so out of touch with the real world at times who, say, just watch a Saturday evening television programme and cheer for the ones who do well and feel sad for the ones that don't and then forget about it all until the next week.

I still love reading everyone's views on here but a five minute discussion with work colleagues on a Monday morning will give me a better idea of who is likely to win the competition rather than wading through all the posts here. Last year everyone I knew wanted Harry to win and most people's favourite pros seem to be Anton and Ola.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think he has a point actually and not just about DS, a lot of forums by the very nature of anonymous contribution can bring forth some really nasty awful stuff by seriously mean spirited people. There's good and bad folk in every strata of life. :)
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    callicot wrote: »
    I still love reading everyone's views on here but a five minute discussion with work colleagues on a Monday morning will give me a better idea of who is likely to win the competition rather than wading through all the posts here. Last year everyone I knew wanted Harry to win and most people's favourite pros seem to be Anton and Ola.

Your workplace straw poll would be more convincing if it included mostly women, who cast 80-90% of the phone votes.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Rufus Hound? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please no. I found him exhausting to watch on ITT. Obviously a genuine fan, but just too much for me to take.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doub he'd be interested.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Your workplace straw poll would be more convincing if it included mostly women, who cast 80-90% of the phone votes.

On the basis of what evidence? Polls that don't poll every single person in the country (I haven't been polled, neither my family or my friends)? Or perhaps the imagery idea by some body that likes to intentionally forget about the male (straight or gay, old, young and middle aged) that votes as well, for their own agenda. I suspect both, but their evidence to use from is hardly solid if most of it comes from guess work or unbalance polls. No phone agency knew that last year my male housemate phone voted for Amelia Lily last year to rejoin Xfactor and then to win. And no agency knows that other male hms have made severl votes for female contestants on the BB shows, but of female hms, not so much, so how on earth do they tally up the so called evidence that it's def mostly women that vote when they have no visual recording of evidence of it? Do they actually see only females dialing away on their landlines or mobiles in order to know for solid fact that it's a majority of women that vote, no of course they don't. Or maybe we don't know we're being watched through the curtains of our houses when we dial that (which sounds more like the plotline of a tv drama than a fact based stats of which gender votes weekly/yearly for Stricly and Xfactor). So this idea that the majority of women that vote is just an idea, and nothihg more. With magazines I get it (due to a specifically catered for use of content), but with TV the generalisation seems an ambiguously made one, especially for shows that have both males and females in it so are obviously going to cater to both sides and not just one. If shows thought that only women voted (because they fancy the male contestant) then they might as well not waste the space of using women on shows at all and just up their ratings will an all male cast. Just love it when women are seen as the reason for all the awful outcomes on tv when it comes to phone-voting shows because obviously they have to be at fault if they're the 80-90% that vote. I hardly vote on these shows but I' of course put into this category of women that do every week despite not being asked by any statistic agency of whether i do or don't vote. I'd love to know how the hell someone knows if I've dialled from a phone or if one of my male housemates has.
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rufus Hound?

NO! He hates DS and has an extremely small willy.
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Rufus Hound? :confused:

Someone who hates DS and has an extremely small willy.
  • bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the words Dionne Warwick..."no!"
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »

I have to agree, Sir Bruce is still the Master.