• IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope, it was 'no more bs' the other day

Did not last very long :D
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D You write so well, are you an author?

That's very kind of you, but heavens, no, lol. :D

Just very (rightly) suspicious of most things that end up in the papers/paparazzi lenses.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a story today on DS saying Simon has 'confirmed marriage plans' in an interview with Seacrest... :D

Reading what he actually said though, I'm not sure marriage was necessarily what he meant, but who knows
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I saw a story today on DS saying Simon has 'confirmed marriage plans' in an interview with Seacrest... :D

Reading what he actually said though, I'm not sure marriage was necessarily what he meant, but who knows

Mark Jefferies ‏@mirrorjeffers 32m
    A spokesman for Simon Cowell has just told me he is not currently engaged to Lauren. Says fans are getting "over excited

maybe but maybe not ;)

Even if he marries her , many wont believe it is genuine given the recent PDA's :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but a marriage (with pre-nup) is a great way to take control.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    Mark Jefferies ‏@mirrorjeffers 32m
    A spokesman for Simon Cowell has just told me he is not currently engaged to Lauren. Says fans are getting "over excited

:D:D Yeah... really excited :rolleyes: *goes off to buy a hat... but keeps the receipt just in case it doesn't happen* :p

The DM are running a similar story now. I don't understand where the press have got this idea about marriage from this one quote. Surely him saying he doesn't want Lauren to be a 'single mother' is more about the fact he wants to be involved in the parenting and that she won't be raising the child alone....

*shrugs*

But apparently he's said he doesn't want to be at the birth because there's some things 'you shouldn't see' :D I'm sure people will have a field day with that one.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But apparently he's said he doesn't want to be at the birth because there's some things 'you shouldn't see' :D I'm sure people will have a field day with that one.

I actually agree with him about this. Its a modern trend for men to be at the birth staring up a woman's punani and waiting for the baby to emerge. Not so long ago they waited outside the delivery room and were spared the gory part. Not everyone is a fan of seeing babies being born and I bet a lot of men would duck out of this part if they were not coerced to be there by their partners.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I actually agree with him about this. Its a modern trend for men to be at the birth staring up a woman's punani and waiting for the baby to emerge. Not so long ago they waited outside the delivery room and were spared the gory part. Not everyone is a fan of seeing babies being born and I bet a lot of men would duck out of this part if they were not coerced to be there by their partners.

True enough and we don't really know the details of their relationship she may be horrified at the thought of him looking up her punani :D

I have a great dad who wasn't at my birth or changed my nappies because it wasn't the done thing then so i certainly wouldn't judge his fathering abilities on some of the comments he is coming out with. He is a generation behind most fathers not a "new man" I bet he thinks housework is woman's work as well ;)
  • davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »

Do you not think that it's about equality and support in a healthy balanced relationship? It's not as if the woman in the equation has any say in being present at the birth!
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member
    Simon Cowell claims he doesn't know what birthing classes are. Wonder if he knows what a condom is and what it's used for?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davidnumen wrote: »
    Do you not think that it's about equality and support in a healthy balanced relationship? It's not as if the woman in the equation has any say in being present at the birth!

A man can be supportive in many ways but doesn't have to be in the delivery room. When a friend of mine was having a baby her husband tried it and fainted just before the kid was born!!! Not much help for her :D Especially as he had to have medical attention.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other news - More pictures of the happy couple in the paper today. Aww.

He looks like a politician - someone from the crowd passing him their baby to hold, posing for the cameras, walking hand in hand with 'the one' whilst a gang of fans, photographers stand around.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More pictures of the happy couple in the paper today. Aww.

He looks like a politician - someone from the crowd passing him their baby to hold, posing for the cameras, walking hand in hand with 'the one' whilst a gang of fans, photographers stand around.

He looks like what he is, a sad ridiculous control freak.

How anyone takes anything he says or does seriously is beyond me.
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »

Going back and reading stories, he's possibly a sadistic control freak.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Going back and reading stories, he's possibly a sadistic control freak.

Agree. Cruel, selfish, utterly self-absorbed, shallow, vapid, and happy to use people for his own entertainment.

I used find him funny, despite elements of the above, but not any more. He's just a sad joke now with his huge ego and his moob-baring t-shirts and his too-long jeans covering but not disguising his shiny high heels. :cool:
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Control freak?

He certainly sounds like one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2401484/Cowells-happy-harem-actually-hate-uses-mood-swings-control.html
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    So Simon supposedly bangs his friends wife behind his back, gets her pregnant, and the does the press rip him to shreds as they would anyone else?

No. Instead we get tedious stories about what kind of gifts he gives his golddigging wen- I mean love his his life. :p

Minions come out of the woodwork to say "Simon will be a GREAT DAD!!" Even Andrew Silverman is said to have "cleared the air" with Simon in a meeting. Because Simon is just that charming. No doubt Andrew said "Well, Simon I can't blame her. You are so awesome I would have F****d you myself."

Instead of talking about how trashy it is for the the Slimeb- er wonderful Father of the year, and his Sl- I mean Blessed Mother of his child, to be flaunting their tawdry- oops I mean wonderful beatiful love.... we get stories about how they are "Finally able to be together". Yeah. Because Andrew and that awful seven year old brat kept them apart.

Instead of trashing Lauren, for grinning in every freaking picture(like the cat that got the cream), and for leaving her other child behind as she flits to Simon's yacht. We have talk of her "glowing".

My lord. It's just really mind blowing.

Totally agree. The way that the press seem to worship at the altar of the Cowell is sickening. Double standards doesn't even begin to cover it.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bloody hell. The expensive things that he's surrounded with. That yacht must be worth £15m+. The women he's surrounded by as well when he's on it. No wonder he seems relaxed when on TV. He's probably got everything he could wish for in terms of buying things.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Bloody hell. The expensive things that he's surrounded with. That yacht must be worth £15m+. The women he's surrounded by as well when he's on it. No wonder he seems relaxed when on TV. He's probably got everything he could wish for in terms of buying things.

I think the yacht's only hired for the summer. Still, that must cost him a few hundred thousand.

I can well believe that article though.
    He's nuts. (In my opinion of course, don't want him to sue, do we?) ;)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    So Simon supposedly bangs his friends wife behind his back, gets her pregnant, and the does the press rip him to shreds as they would anyone else?

No. Instead we get tedious stories about what kind of gifts he gives his golddigging wen- I mean love his his life. :p

Minions come out of the woodwork to say "Simon will be a GREAT DAD!!" Even Andrew Silverman is said to have "cleared the air" with Simon in a meeting. Because Simon is just that charming. No doubt Andrew said "Well, Simon I can't blame her. You are so awesome I would have F****d you myself."

Instead of talking about how trashy it is for the the Slimeb- er wonderful Father of the year, and his Sl- I mean Blessed Mother of his child, to be flaunting their tawdry- oops I mean wonderful beatiful love.... we get stories about how they are "Finally able to be together". Yeah. Because Andrew and that awful seven year old brat kept them apart.

Instead of trashing Lauren, for grinning in every freaking picture(like the cat that got the cream), and for leaving her other child behind as she flits to Simon's yacht. We have talk of her "glowing".

My lord. It's just really mind blowing.

Another one who agrees with this post. Anyone else and they would have been slated by the tabloids. I'm beginning to wonder if Simon told the tabloids that they wouldn't get any backstage X Factor info if they criticised him over this. That's the only reason I can think of as to why the tabloids haven't slated him.
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Seems like the sun is setting on Cowell mania. People say he has this overriding control on the press but every other day I see an article talking about what a weirdo he is.
    Forum Member
    I haven't read Tom Bower's book on Cowell but was it a put up job?

A report said Cowell was a 'surprise' guest at the book launch at the Serpentine Gallery in April 2012. Also there was Phillip Green, Bernie Ecclestone and Pete Waterman in a duffle coat. After the launch Tom & Simon went off to a swanky restaurant together.

Oh and look who else was photographed there...
    Guests included ... Cowell’s friends Lauren Silverman and executive producer Kelly Bergantz.

They weren't even 'good friends' 18 months ago. :)

The whole Danni Minogue reveal and book launch look orchestrated by Cowell.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. Cruel, selfish, utterly self-absorbed, shallow, vapid, and happy to use people for his own entertainment.

I used find him funny, despite elements of the above, but not any more. He's just a sad joke now with his huge ego and his moob-baring t-shirts and his too-long jeans covering but not disguising his shiny high heels. :cool:

^ all of this ^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other news - More pictures of the happy couple in the paper today. Aww.

Do you mean the one taken last night ;)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVUcR8UCMAECBKj.jpg

Or the PR bullshine :D
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    Do you mean the one taken last night ;)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVUcR8UCMAECBKj.jpg

Or the PR bullshine :D

Well done! Every picture tells a story. :D