Waltz-A-Thon | Predictions

What are your guesses in relation to the theme, the costumes, the music and the outcome of this years [insert dance here]-A-Thon?

My Predictions
6th Jake & Janette
5th Caroline & Pasha
4th Mark & Karen
3rd Simon & Kristina
2nd Pixie & Trent
1st Frankie & Kevin :D

Now Frankie has topped the Leaderboard on both occasions of completing a Waltz / Viennese however both Pixie and Simon have scored very high for their respective Waltz(s) also. IIRC Jake's Waltz wasn't half bad and neither was Mark's. Caroline struggled in hers. I'm guessing head judge Leonard would like to influence it in Frankie's favour as he really does seem in awe of her - I can see this happening especially if she is to dance a Rumba / Salsa this week!

Comments

• CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are your guesses in relation to the theme, the costumes, the music and the outcome of this years [insert dance here]-A-Thon?

My Predictions
    6th Jake & Janette
    5th Caroline & Pasha
    4th Mark & Karen
    3rd Simon & Kristina
    2nd Pixie & Trent
    1st Frankie & Kevin :D

Now Frankie has topped the Leaderboard on both occasions of completing a Waltz / Viennese however both Pixie and Simon have scored very high for their respective Waltz(s) also. IIRC Jake's Waltz wasn't half bad and neither was Mark's. Caroline struggled in hers. I'm guessing head judge Leonard would like to influence it in Frankie's favour as he really does seem in awe of her - I can see this happening especially if she is to dance a Rumba / Salsa this week!

It's very close, but I think I'd reverse Frankie and Pixie. And possibly Simon and Caroline. Agree Jake will be the first out - he seems to be the target for the next elimination IMO.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My understanding from the results show was that the waltz-a-thon would be scored at the end rather than couples being eliminated one by one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    My understanding from the results show was that the waltz-a-thon would be scored at the end rather than couples being eliminated one by one.

Not sure. Len said something about it being a proper dance competition. But are some "proper" dance competitions not run as a couple by couple elimination ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I think I'd lean slightly towards Pixie being first over Frankie, but it should be very close between those two although maybe a chance for Simon to sneak into the top two. Jake I'd definitely say last out of the other three, Caroline and Mark I'm not too sure about.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges will try and help Mark as much as they can this week! Inflated scores in this and his other dance I am guessing ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judges will try and help Mark as much as they can this week! Inflated scores in this and his other dance I am guessing ;)

I'd be surprised if that happened. A second appearance in the dance-off so late in the series surely sealed his fate.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm thinking it's much more likely he'll be thrown to the wolves in a similar way that Ashley or Nicky were at this point in their respective years. I certainly don't see any reason for them to try and protect him.
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it'll be dance carnage with dizzy dancers bashing into each other and they all end up in a heap on the dance floor!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I personally thought Jake's Waltz was more than half bad. And it's worth remembering that Caroline's Waltz was only her first slow Ballroom.

I don't agree with the suggestion that Pasha finds slow Ballroom challenging. His VW with Kimberley (in the Final) was wonderful. And check out the superb rise and fall in his Week 1 Waltz with Rachel last year.
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know but I hate the very idea, I don't want to see all the couples gyrating at once, I want them to do their own separate dances so I can concentrate.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    I'm thinking it's much more likely he'll be thrown to the wolves in a similar way that Ashley or Nicky were at this point in their respective years. I certainly don't see any reason for them to try and protect him.

He is the weakest dancer left by far but the judges have bigger him up and overmarked him before. Wouldn't surprise me if they did it again.
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6th) Mark & Karen
    5th) Jake & Janette
    4th) Caroline & Pasha
    3rd) Simon & Kristina
    2nd) Frankie & Kevin
    1st) Pixie & Trent- she got 35 in week 2 for her Waltz, no doubt she'll be even better!
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like some other posters, I'm a bit worried about crashes occurring between couples, but my thoughts are...

1st: Caroline and Pasha
    2nd: Jake and Janette (I loved his previous waltz, although I know it's controversial!)
    3rd: Pixie and Trent
    4th: Frankie and Kevin
    5th: Simon and Kristina
    6th: Mark and Karen.
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moonbean wrote: »
    Like some other posters, I'm a bit worried about crashes occurring between couples, but my thoughts are...

1st: Caroline and Pasha
    2nd: Jake and Janette (I loved his previous waltz, although I know it's controversial!)
    3rd: Pixie and Trent
    4th: Frankie and Kevin
    5th: Simon and Kristina
    6th: Mark and Karen.

In which case Jake won't finish second... not unless he trips up Pixie and Simon... ;)
  • jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 point Mark
    2 points Jake
    3 points Caroline
    4 points Simon
    5 points Frankie
    6 points Pixie

I think they will put Mark bottom as I can imagine him being bottom of overall leaderboard especially if he has ballroom and he seems the most obvious choice to be eliminated next
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    Not sure. Len said something about it being a proper dance competition. But are some "proper" dance competitions not run as a couple by couple elimination ?

No, they are not. The rounds are cut down by half each time, for example 48 couples will dance 4 or 5 dances and the judges are instructed to recall 24 for the next round. That round, the judges bring back 12, then 6.
    At the start of each round, the compere will announce the numbers of the couples that will dance in the next round.
    In the final, normally 6 couples but can be 7 or 8 , all couples dance all their dances, the marks are collected and then the couples are placed 1 to 6.
    So no taps on the shoulder:)
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges favorites will be top as always :
    6th- Mark (even though he will be better than Jake)
    5th- Jake
    4th- Frankie
    3rd- Caroline
    2nd- Pixie (even though there might not be much difference between the girls)
    1st- Simon
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    He is the weakest dancer left by far but the judges have bigger him up and overmarked him before. Wouldn't surprise me if they did it again.

The problem with all the "thons" is that the judges can eliminate anyone they fancy to alter the scoreboard how they like.We never see all the dancers at once, so can't argue with their claim that someone was doing less well the second they looked. I would imagine Mark will go out early, but their order will be instructive.

Its not clear what impact they will have - i would expect them to continue to hype Simon. If they succeed in putting one of the better girls into the dance off - to save Jake or Simon from it, its not clear cut whose vote this will help the following week. There will be a rebound vote for someone in the semi final , but the hype may stick too - as the late votes in recent series tend to follow the judges.
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with all the "thons" is that the judges can eliminate anyone they fancy to alter the scoreboard how they like.We never see all the dancers at once, so can't argue with their claim that someone was doing less well the second they looked. I would imagine Mark will go out early, but their order will be instructive.

My understanding is that during the Waltz-athon, all couples will be on the floor at the same time, so the judges will be able to make a direct comparison
  • Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1st-Simon
    2nd-Pixie
    3rd-Frankie
    4th-Caroline
    5th-Mark
    6th-Jake
  • LoracShaktiLoracShakti Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    My understanding is that during the Waltz-athon, all couples will be on the floor at the same time, so the judges will be able to make a direct comparison

I hope so as last year in the swing-a-thon they tapped couples on the shoulder to get them out which seemed unfair to me as the first couple out had barely started when they were ejected. Better to let them all dance the full dance and award points then.

I suspect the points will be awarded as follows:

Mark 1
    Caroline 2
    Jake 3
    Frankie 4
    Simon 5
    Pixie 6
  • Emma2121Emma2121 Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I can see Frankie/Pixie/Simons 1st place, 2nd and 3rd place as interchangeable. They will be the top three.

I'll go, Pixie, Simon then Frankie.

Likewise, Caroline/Jake/Mark will be the first three out. I'll go…

Mark first, Jake, Caroline…

So.
    1st Pixie
    2nd Simon
    3rd Frankie
    4th Caroline
    5th Jake
    6th Mark
  • Three Left FeetThree Left Feet Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm annoyed there's no Swingerthon on Saturday. Our traditional pre Christmas party just won't be the same this year.
  • hilary2329hilary2329 Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    indiana44 wrote: »

No normally no!
    The dance-a-thons are always ridiculous in my opinion!
    It would be better if they did just watch them all dance (like a comp) and then mark them afterwards but I guess they will do the one by one elimination again?
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    6th- Mark and Karen
    5th- Jake and Jeanette
    4th- Caroline and Pasha
    3rd- Simon and Kristina
    2nd- Frankie and Kevin
    1st- Pixie and Trent