Options

How will it all end, the doctors last regeneration

roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
Forum Member
✭✭
if the rumours are true, we are now going to be heading for the 12 and final doctor, it could very well be that the bbc will decide, this would be the best way to bring the current doctor who series to an end, but could continue by remaking old episodes of dr who, and xmas specials, and plenty of spin of programs

So if the doctor is coming to end of his regenerations, what could happen

1. A slow death which see his body decay, untill he looks like the master, in the deadly assassin

2. His death approaches, and he assumes he is going to die, insted of dying he regenerates, which should not happen, being the last time lord alive, this was prepared for, by Rassilon, after the regeneration has taken place, he finds he has his memory back in full, and on the tardis console, are all the artifacts from gallifrey, he will make a new race of time lords

3. this has to be my favourite suggestion

Amy is still traveling with the 12th doctor, by accident Amy and Rory are killed, this breaks the doctors heart, he cant take it any more, he has lost to many companions, he know he must end his life, so no one else dies, but cant do it himself

He seaks out Davros, and the daleks, and tells davros, to end his life, the Daleks accept this end exterminate him

As this happens, we see the doctor being disentregated, but on the ground lie a wee small ball, which starts to glow, and get bigger, it soon gets to a size of a football, at this point it rises of the ground, and the body extends down the way

All of a sudden there is a explosion, and standing in front of Davros is the doctor, wearing a white suit, and his hair and eyes are white. He reveals to davros because of his unselfish act to geive up his life, he has become the white guardian

He has more power than anyone can imagine, for one time only he is able to restore life after death, but who does he restore life to

the time lords, or amy, he choose the later, and brings the time lords back, but does no forget about Amy, she is alos brought back, but now she is part guardian, and guardion of earth, at this point the doctor fades away, and the series comes to an end

The tardis is returned to Gallifrey, where one day a timelord like the doctor will use it

Comments

• Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Those rumours are from a 'news'paper which talks absolute rubbish.
    2. It's 13, not 12.
    3. Beware of insulting PMs. I got two for making a thread like this. :o
    The third idea sounds interesting though :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becoming the White guardian is a neat end.

Not that BBC Executives would ever allow a neat end. They will drain ever last drop of life from the series and drag its hollow corpse through the schedule long after it should have been laid to rest.

:eek:

When did I get so cynical? :cry:
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    "whenever" it should end, I cannot see the BBC killing off the last Timelord somehow. It would surely have to be an open-ending ready for any future series/spin-offs whatever.
    It took about 16 years for DW to start afresh last time (not counting the film in the middle). It'll go on forever in my mind, in some form or another.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    There will never be an official end to the Doctor's story. It would be like having a film in which James Bond gets killed off. The whole point of the Doctor's regeneration ability is to get around having to lose the main character.

Now, having a companion elevated to the status of White Guardian, that's another matter entirely.
  • Options
    Adam KelleherAdam Kelleher Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Those rumours are from a 'news'paper which talks absolute rubbish.
    2. It's 13, not 12.
    3. Beware of insulting PMs. I got two for making a thread like this. :o
    The third idea sounds interesting though :)

Need to check your facts. That newspaper is well known for having good sport and showbiz connections. I would trust a sport or showbiz story more from them than any other printed source.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Need to check your facts. That newspaper is well known for having good sport and showbiz connections. I would trust a sport or showbiz story more from them than any other printed source.

I hope you're very much being sarcastic. :p The whole world and the dog quits their job every year according to The Sun. In fact, when I see the words "according to the Sun" my mind screams FAIL FAIL FAIL
  • Options
    Adam KelleherAdam Kelleher Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    I hope you're very much being sarcastic. :p The whole world and the dog quits their job every year according to The Sun. In fact, when I see the words "according to the Sun" my mind screams FAIL FAIL FAIL

Not at all. West Ham have today signed a Mexican player which had been rumoured in The Sun, not other newspapers, for a while.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I really do not think there will be a 'final regenration'. Even if the show is ultimately cancelled, or dropped, or whatever, I don't think that the writers will put too much faith in what was said so many years ago. Likewise, I don't think the show will end when the thirteenth actor in the role steps down.

Like Julie Gardner once said 'this is sci-fi'. They will find a way of continuing the life of the Doctor, probably with a throwaway line or two. That said, as a viewer of only Nu-Who and the occasional classic episode, I envisioned the regenration limit to be a law rather than an anatomical trait. With the Timelords gone, and the fact that the Doctor is outstandingly brilliant, I am sure he will have many whirlwind adventures in his fourteenth incarnation :D Alonsy indeed! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Option 1) Simply break continuity and ignore the fact

Option 2) Write it off in passing. Say something to the effect of "The Universe was recreated without the Doc and only his current regeneration came back from Amy's memory, therefore he's now 1 not 11

Option 3) Time lord technology such as the eye of harmony

what they will never do, is kill him off
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There won't be a 'final regeneration'. The Master was offered a new cycle of regenerations years ago for helping them out, so there's a pre-existing dramatic mechanism for the cycle to be renewed, and I'm sure they'll make use of it somehow.
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have a neat imagination :)

I imagine you could develop it and become a good script writer or synopsis guru of some kind...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    the doc regenerates into William Hartnell and the tardis is seen in a junkyard in trotters lane. timey wimey goes full circle
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Not at all. West Ham have today signed a Mexican player which had been rumoured in The Sun, not other newspapers, for a while.

You throw enough stones in the ocean, eventually you are going to hit a fish.
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    *marv* wrote: »

Exactly
  • Options
    TemporalParadoxTemporalParadox Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Somehow, I don't think the BBC will let the Doctor die. They will probably come up with something to get by the "13 lives" limit. Even when they do choose to end the series, they will probably do so in the same way as Survival, with the Doctor leaving (alive) to have further adventures, so if they decide to revive the series yet again at a later date.
    Then again, I could be completely wrong, and they could end the Doctor's life and put an end to the series completely.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somehow, I don't think the BBC will let the Doctor die. They will probably come up with something to get by the "13 lives" limit. Even when they do choose to end the series, they will probably do so in the same way as Survival, with the Doctor leaving (alive) to have further adventures, so if they decide to revive the series yet again at a later date.
    Then again, I could be completely wrong, and they could end the Doctor's life and put an end to the series completely.

It won't happen for a while at least. For the BBC to put an end to Doctor Who now would be suicide for the corporation. It's one of their biggest sellers if not their biggest.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    *marv* wrote: »

Poor fish.

But if that fish is The Sun, then DIE FISHY DIE!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member

You're right in the first bit I think! While viewer ratings/popularity/DVD sales/merchandise sales warrant, it will still continue. It will always be The Doctor & the easy option is timelord resurrection (granting a new cycle of lives) and/or discovery of timelord technology to enable this.

He's going to be around for a decade or 2 yet! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When it does end, the final scenes will be Messianic and there will be lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of tears. One big, long over-milked, over-hyped, annoying, self-aware goodbye scene.

Everything the superb Survival was not.
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    When it does end, the final scenes will be Messianic and there will be lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of tears. One big, long over-milked, over-hyped, annoying, self-aware goodbye scene.

When will this travesty be transmitted?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they could end dr who for this current series, but then start at the very beginnig

Following on from where the doctor becomes the white guardion, he brings back galifrey right from the start of the time lord history, so this would include him self, so now he has 12 regenerations, and this could be away to redo old storys
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will probably come up with something to get by the "13 lives" limit.

Were there not comments about the Time Lords granting extra regenerations to those fighting in the Time War?

The Doctor was one of the combatants. He may be entirely unsure how many lives he has left. I think that's how I'd play it. Maybe have him worry that he will regenerate without end :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »

30 Nov 2012

7pm on bbc1

:cry::cry:Very last episode of dr who:cry::cry:

Before we all die
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    30 Nov 2012

7pm on bbc1

:cry::cry:Very last episode of dr who:cry::cry:

No, they've put it back to 18.20, the sw*nes!!! The ratings will be dreadful.
    roland rat wrote: »
    Before we all die

I plan on regenerating that night. :)