David Tennant Wins Best Male Performance (Constellations Awards 2010)

13»

Comments

• outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Dave should put it on, then I could watch it!!!

If you need details on unscrupulous ways to get Classic or New Who once your internet is up and running, PM me. ;)

Either that or I'll point you to the best places to get the DVDs at the cheapest prices. (I buy all the DVDs, personally, but some people prefer to eat!)
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Doe this mean you have freeview? As I know it comes on Freeview for us...Dave that is not Watch...I don't think, I don't watch Free view as its my brothers, just use the Sky box, currently I only ever watch the main four channles, ITV the least, or BBC 3 and 4.....and occasionally E4....we don't have Watch on that anymore....well not free. So maybe i'll just keep wishing for Classic Who to appear on the BBC channels instead:o:D

I have freeview (you can get it with an internal antenna booster, and a cheap box.

Off now to watch David's last two episodes:cry:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    If you need details on unscrupulous ways to get Classic or New Who once your internet is up and running, PM me. ;)

Either that or I'll point you to the best places to get the DVDs at the cheapest prices. (I buy all the DVDs, personally, but some people prefer to eat!)

I will.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »

But i still wanna watch on TV too!:( Yes i know being selfish....but you never have enough Who!!!!:D
    I have freeview (you can get it with an internal antenna booster, and a cheap box.

Off now to watch David's last two episodes:cry:.

Yes that is the othr problem with Freeview...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andre Gide once said that the true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity....and today i have seen a fine example of it.....
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member

Hey, don't knock it. Kurt Vonnegut recommended keeping a book of quotations to hand. Kurt Vonnegut was a genius, exceptionally good writer and sci-fi dude. It's a pleasure to read his stuff. And he admitted (volunteered openly) he ploughed through quotation dictionaries for inspiration.

I am inclined to believe crazzy has read Gide, though. He's reasonably widely read and popular among students. It's not unusual for me to see young people on the train with a Gide. It's not so esoteric or obscure that one would think she mentions him simply to show off. But pulling a quote from wiki is no crime.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andre Gide once said that the true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity....and today i have seen a fine example of it.....

:);):cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Hey, don't knock it. Kurt Vonnegut recommended keeping a book of quotations to hand. Kurt Vonnegut was a genius, exceptionally good writer and sci-fi dude. It's a pleasure to read his stuff. And he admitted (volunteered openly) he ploughed through quotation dictionaries for inspiration.

I am inclined to believe crazzy has read Gide, though. He's reasonably widely read and popular among students. It's not unusual for me to see young people on the train with a Gide. It's not so esoteric or obscure that one would think she mentions him simply to show off. But pulling a quote from wiki is no crime.

I am more than happy to admit that i haven't read Gide, but know very well of him...however I am a huge fan of sayings and proverbs...have been since a teenager...three big books on it!....don't know all of it by heart...but I love reading them often...hence my bad habit of quoting them too much...:o:D
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am more than happy to admit that i haven't read Gide, but know very well of him...however I am a huge fan of sayings and proverbs...have been since a teenager...three big books on it!....don't know all of it by heart...but I love reading them often...hence my bad habit of quoting them too much...:o:D

Crazzy, a Professional Quoter as well as a Professional Dissectionist? Whatever next?!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crazzy, a Professional Quoter as well as a Professional Dissectionist? Whatever next?!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Next stop? Everywhere!!!!!!

That is by me! :D*hopes she can get away with it*
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next stop? Everywhere!!!!!!

That is by me! :D*hopes she can get away with it*

Add Professional Optimist to that list! :D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've lost track of this thread.

However, the constellation awards is still a very silly award, Kurt Vonnegut is a bloody amazing writer and I have absolutely no idea who Andre Gide is, but will endevour to find out.

People called Andre are generally brilliant, e.g

The Giant
    Agassi

I can't think of any other examples but I am confident that other such examples exist.
  • capt.shoegazercapt.shoegazer Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neel wrote: »

However, the constellation awards is still a very silly award, Kurt Vonnegut is a bloody amazing writer and I have absolutely no idea who Andre Gide is, but will endevour to find out.

The Giant
    Agassi

I can't think of any other examples but I am confident that other such examples exist.

Just to amend your rule....people whose first names are Andre....think that needs to be clarified.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to amend your rule....people whose first names are Andre....think that needs to be clarified.

Yes. A very prudent amendment.

Andre 3000, while i'm at it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Giant
    Agassi

I don't know what you on about, but I agree Andre the Giant is brilliant. I was very sad when he died (he was brilliant in the Princess Bride).
  • capt.shoegazercapt.shoegazer Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. A very prudent amendment.

Andre 3000, while i'm at it.

shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Giant
    Agassi

I used to like Agassi very much indeed, but then I found out that he was so vain he wore a wig while playing tennis and it put me off him.

Though I agree he is brilliant at tennis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like Agassi very much indeed, but then I found out that he was so vain he wore a wig while playing tennis and it put me off him.

Though I agree he is brilliant at tennis.

He also got smashed off his face on crystal meth and .....

...... cleaned his house.

Confirming his legendary status.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He also got smashed off his face on crystal meth and .....

...... cleaned his house.

Confirming his legendary status.

I don't know which is worse:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Giant
    Agassi

Out of curiosty do you mind me asking why you feel the award is silly....just to keep things on track too;)

And also yes Andre name usually signals good things!!!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosty do you mind me asking why you feel the award is silly....just to keep things on track too;)

And also yes Andre name usually signals good things!!!:)

If i'm being 100% serious it isn't really that silly.

However, I do think winning a Canadian Sci-fi award sounds like it could be a line in a sit-com.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If i'm being 100% serious it isn't really that silly.

However, I do think winning a Canadian Sci-fi award sounds like it could be a line in a sit-com.

ah I get you now!!!!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i eventually write my sit com, one of the characters will win a canadian sci fi award.

Actually i might add some sort of sci fi element, so that I can try and win a canadian sci fi award.

:p