Options

DS Fantasy Eurovision 68: Are you all-In? Take a gamble in Monte Carlo

Comments

• Options
    nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    And dont worry, I call my countries babies.

Good to know I'm not the only one who does this :blush:

I don't really have anything good for one of the 5 countries I put down so I hope I don't get that one.
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I made sure that no matter which country from my list I get, I can enter the song I want (in other words, all 5 countries are for the same song) Evil laugh :D
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not long left until the deadline. Countries won't be handed out straight away, I'll let it be known when I start handing them out though.

Just working out the teams now. Several easy pairings by their lists. Then theres 6 at the end, who either picked a combination of the most popular players, players not playing, and players not doing teams. But whatever combo happens it'd be good...
  • Options
    Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long left until the deadline. Countries won't be handed out straight away, I'll let it be known when I start handing them out though.

Just working out the teams now. Several easy pairings by their lists. Then theres 6 at the end, who either picked a combination of the most popular players, players not playing, and players not doing teams. But whatever combo happens it'd be good...

mmm i wonder who these'll be :p
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously me and you gwen where top of that list
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    I am of course going to be on nobody's lists. :D
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So do we know when to expect our partners and/or countries? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just about to have dinner, and then I'll start handing out countries. Think I have a few countries up for grabs aswell....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, about to start giving out countries. Have two extra countries to hand out. So if you want them pm me. It will be random, and not first come first served. If you are in a team, you have to also decide if you'd want this extra country by yourself, or if you'd want to share it with your team mate...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone should now have a solo country. Team picks will be given out now. And then I'll sort out the extra countries.
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    Oh I got a country that didnt include in my picks and have no idea about their music scene.
    Yey :(:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *stands in a pool of dead babies* :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK everyone should have their countries. If I have forgotten anyone, let me know, I feel like I have forgotten something.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    Oh I got a country that didnt include in my picks and have no idea about their music scene.
    Yey :(:p:D

But.... you got you first pick.....
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK everyone should have their countries. If I have forgotten anyone, let me know, I feel like I have forgotten something.....

I'm pretty sure you've not told us when the deadline for sending songs in is. :D
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite happy with my countries :)
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if anybody wanted to work with me I chose to enter alone because I was feeling antisocial earlier when I signed up. :p
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Sorry if anybody wanted to work with me I chose to enter alone because I was feeling antisocial earlier when I signed up. :p
    :(:(
  • Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Love both my countries and the songs I've picked for them - happy days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you've not told us when the deadline for sending songs in is. :D

Yes I did forget something. The current schedule is:

Deadline for songs 9PM Sunday 2nd (Working Saturday so cant deadline then, and Friday to early for teams)
    Quarters 2nd - 9th
    Semi's 9th - about 15th
    Final is tbc, because Im going away for a few days that next week, but don't know when, so when I find out, I'll organise a final date...
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member

Yes <3

Thaaaaank you ^_^
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Hooray, the gamble paid off! No babies will be strangled at birth in this contest... :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets have our first songs shall we...

1. ANDORRA: Elena ft. Danny Mazo - Senor Loco
    2. MOLDOVA: Camera 107 - E Frumos Timpul Afara
    3. SVALBARD: Jesper Jennet - Superhero
    4. JERSEY: G.R.L. Lighthouse
    5. GERMANY: Two Wooden Stones Walk On
    6. MACEDONIA: Bobby Andonov - Do You Still Love Me?
    7. ROMANIA: Delia - Pe Aripi De Vant
    8. RUSSIA: Shura - 2Shy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I may as well review. ;)

ANDORRA: I like this - fun and catchy, just my sort of song. :p
    MOLDOVA: The violin/fiddle (sorry I'm no good with instruments :blush:) is the saving grace to an otherwise boring song. I hadn't realised the chorus was actually the chorus. :blush:
    SVALBARD: First 30 seconds, I was thinking... cringe. The chorus, however, has got a good impact and I can see this doing well.
    JERSEY: Easily the strongest song so far, but that was to be expected by a more popular group, especially after what happened last year. I can see this doing well too.

And I've been taken away to do some stuff, so I'll do the next few later. :blush:
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg GRL :(