E3 2012

He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
Forum Member
[news]Digital Spy's on-going coverage of E3 Expo 2012[/news]

Can't believe it's only a month away! Seems like just last month i was shaking my fist in the direction of Peter Molyneux.:p

What is everyone hoping to see at this years E3? New consoles? More game play of the new WII U?

Hopefully Microsoft won't have another Kinect/games for 5 year olds conference.

Comments

• jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    I would really like a new Xbox announced I think it's 50/50. I really can't see it being held of to 2014 with so many Developers already openly hiring for next gen. So either rush it out next year or announce it this year.

WII U very excited bit annoyed no price or launch is getting announced. Hopefully we get good show of games. Especially show that third party developers are very committed to the platform and obviously some of Nintendo's franchises.

Sony really need to announce some Vita system sellers. Hopefully a last of us release date some game play and loads more exclusives. Would be fantastic for them to resurrect the getaway or eight days doubtful I know but I can dream. I don't see any price drops happening certainly not for the vita.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Hopefully 'the new Xbox' is announced and set for Xmas release, Sony have said the PS4 isn't so unless they're announcing a Vita price drop I'm not too interested and Nintendo have already made an arse out of this generation with the terrible naming of the 3DS and the terrible everything of the WiiU.
    Forum Member
    Arkudos wrote: »
    Hopefully 'the new Xbox' is announced and set for Xmas release, Sony have said the PS4 isn't so unless they're announcing a Vita price drop I'm not too interested and Nintendo have already made an arse out of this generation with the terrible naming of the 3DS and the terrible everything of the WiiU.

I don't see them going for 2012 launch any where.

As far as companies saying no we are not showing this and that. It happens all time and then next thing you know there announcing it.

MS have many times in the last six months denied a New Xbox showing however other things say other wise. Bottom line is companies lie.

With Sony You've got struggling company only just released a new platform. So with all that you can see likely hood of a new console is unlikely.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Best case scenario for Microsoft would be an announcment of the next gen console with a few clips of games to come.

What will probably happen is they show a 15 minute clip of Black: ops 2 followed by 3 new 'exclusive' sesame street kinect games. :(

I really do hope they suprise me this year.

One thing i am looking foward to is some info on the Zombie MMO from Undeadlabs.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to hopefully seeing more of LBP Karting,GTA V, Resi 6, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, Sly 4 & Forza Horizon.

Also want to see if the Vita will have any decent new titles coming out before selling it on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Wii U will be shown everyone will swoon at what it can do but then hopefully the memory of the Wii will come flooding back and people will forget about it, unless your hardcore nintendo

I can't see there being any news of the new xbox. That will be E3 next year for end of 2013 launch. What we might see is another 'slim' xbox or something. They are not going to hurt current xbox sales by showing them anything 720 related!

PS - I'm actually looking forward to some of the exclusives that are heading towards the PS3 could be a good little show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Looking forward to hopefully seeing more of ,GTA V, Resi 6, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, Sly 4

fixed

hope they have a release date for GTAV

last of us looked awesome too, hopefully they reveal loadsa details and have some gameplay

not at all interested in vita

will have to redownload PS home , i presume they will stream live like in previous years
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think i read somewhere that they will be streaming the xbox conference live on xbox live this year. Cant see them announcing a new console till early next year, they will want to milk halo 4/console sales before that.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id like to see a new game from Rare. One from their original IPs and NOT kinect sports 3. A new Banjo-Kazooie would be nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This could be the last great year for the 360. I expect to see it's replacement at next years E3 and by then the developers will all be focusing on that console. So, whats left for our beloved consoles. GTA is going to be one of the last great games of this generation. Any others?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the world will be holding its breath for what Sony will announce for the Vita - seen the recent sales on vg chartz, below the PSP according to there somewhat dodgy stats.

Price cuts or a decent bundle, lots of new titles from Sony and 3rd parties... Something needs to be done.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microsoft have already announced there will be no next gen console announcement. Developer kits are only just being made. Don't think this years will be that good. Next year will be a different matter
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone remember E3 a few years ago

they announced that Rockstar Games were making a PS3 exclusive title called The Agent or The Agency .(one or the other...cant remember)

does anyone know if that was cancelled ...if not surely that should make an appearance as it will be finished by now or at least very close...
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its Agent and we don't know the status, it might be multi platform at this point
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    AGENT is still being worked on.
    Forum Member
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halo 4 will be the 360's last exclusive blockbuster and that will be there main focus at e3. I really can't see a new Xbox ready this year considering Microsoft are putting everything behind windows 8 desktop, tablet and phone which is being released later this year and as a company alot of their future relies on windows 8 being a huge success.

I think the nintendo 3DS will get a redesign. It needs one because it looks like it was designed 10 years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to Halo 4 and seeing if any news on new consoles materialise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully something new on Tomb Raider, it looked great last year.
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 new characters :D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont have a clue whats due out this year on any console. Aside from the next Xbox which MS saying no too and apart from the usual COD and Fifa rapes I dunno what else to expect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Tomb Raider news.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Mostly looking forward to what Nintendo show, hopefully some great new 3DS games will be announced and of course the unveiling of the Wii U. I expect big things.

Will be interesting to see if MS unveil their next Xbox console, I get a feeling they won't and will instead showcase it via MTV or something later in the year with a 2013 release date. Hopefully there will be some new software announced, if not for retail then Summer of Arcade. Want to see what Forza Horizon is all about mostly.

Will also be interesting to see what plans Sony have up their sleeve and what software Sony have lined up for the Vita.
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to anything related to the Tomb Raider reboot.
    Is it too much to hope for that Nintendo might tease us with ANYTHING related to the new Smash Bros?
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    It's sad the hear that the new Tombraider and Bioshock:Infinate have both been pushed back to 2013. Not sure why, but the release of Halo 4 and Black ops 2 coming in winter could scare away some.

I only watched the Xbox conference last year and then caught highlights of the others, but this year i think i'll watch as many as my time allows.

Hopefully there will be one or two suprises.

Only 3 weeks to go.