Options

Amy and Rory back for 11's regen?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
Forum Member
So I hope that Amy and Rory are given at least a cameo when matt smith regenerates, like was the same for 10 with Rose, Martha etc.

plus they were a massive part of his life for 10 years at least.

Same for River, Vastra, Jenny, Strax and even good old Craig!

Or they could just do it differently and have just Clara being there, as with Rose and 9.

Comments

• Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen had said she wouldn't come back once she left. Personally, I hope she sticks to that. I loved Amy and Rory, but I detested the "big goodbye," of ten going to visit all his previous companions. I don't want eleven going out the same way.

I wouldn't mind seeing them in a flashback/in his head, kinda like when five regenerated, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I would like to see Amy and Rory back at the end too, but I really wouldn't get your hopes up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's most probably not happening and I think it's good that way.
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only way they could possibly do this without tainting the memory of their departure is to go back and have the Doctor watching them at some point before they travelled with him but not be able to interact with them.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Oh god now anything but that ok Rory but not Amy please not Amy we can have Adric and Mel back instead it would be better
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Karen had said she wouldn't come back once she left. Personally, I hope she sticks to that. I loved Amy and Rory, but I detested the "big goodbye," of ten going to visit all his previous companions. I don't want eleven going out the same way.

I wouldn't mind seeing them in a flashback/in his head, kinda like when five regenerated, though.

I loved the way Four and Five thought about thier Companions. It was a sweet and subtle reminder of that Doctor's era.

Unlike Ten, which was RTD eating up an extra ten minutes for the sake of self-indulgence.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As regeneration-caused hallucinogenic 'ghosts' sure.

It's how I would have personally had 10's exist - with the 'ghost' of Rose easing him into his next life; instead of the ten minute long cameos.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only way they could possibly do this without tainting the memory of their departure is to go back and have the Doctor watching them at some point before they travelled with him but not be able to interact with them.

Which is something that we have already seen with 10 and Rose, so why repeat it.

Also, 11 already went on a farewell tour during series 6 when he thought he was dying, so no point in having another one before his regeneration.
  • Options
    Wiwik_AnggrainiWiwik_Anggraini Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Why would he make a second round? He hates endings and goodbyes!

To answer the question: What is the question? Oh, no, don't think so. That's been, let's move forward. On the other hand, it would be in style with the show, time travelling back...buuuuuuuut NO!
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Well, characters like Mickey or Martha never really got a proper wrap-up until that point - they were around but in limbo. Given they were pretty sure they wouldn't be written back into the series, I think it was reasonable to give them a send-off. Not necessarily the best decision, but a very reasonable one.

Amy and Rory, however, have already had a proper scripted send-off.
  • Options
    GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moffat isn't a sentimental prat like RTD, he wont go down that path.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love for them to Cameo, but not in a cheesey RTD way.
    I think as Matt is leaving at Xmas, just to have a vignette of the Ponds adopted son asking why there's an empty place setting at their Xmas table would leave their original story untouched - and be simply a nod. A bittersweet epilogue.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    I'd love for them to Cameo, but not in a cheesey RTD way.
    I think as Matt is leaving at Xmas, just to have a vignette of the Ponds adopted son asking why there's an empty place setting at their Xmas table would leave their original story untouched - and be simply a nod. A bittersweet epilogue.

Two empty places
  • Options
    ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Just no.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Amy won't have been leaving a place for the Doctor any more once the Weeping Angels sent her back. She already knew that she would never see him again, hence her final words: "Raggedy Man, goodbye!"