Options

Cancelled /Renew Shows & Pick-ups

Comments

• Options
    brianecclestonbrianeccleston Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    This Is Us renewed for a 2nd and 3rd season. Both seasons will be 18 episodes.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Elementary is gonna get axed. I've looked on tvbynumbers and it seems to indicate that it's an almost certainty to be cancelled. Hope it wrong.
  • Options
    tartan-belletartan-belle Posts: 14,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Major Crimes renewed for a 13 episode sixth season

YES! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I wonder if Elementary is gonna get axed. I've looked on tvbynumbers and it seems to indicate that it's an almost certainty to be cancelled. Hope it wrong.

I would fully expect it to be cancelled. The one thing that may make CBS renew it is if they go for the money. It already has a massive syndication deal for 6 seasons so if they want the money they will renew it. But i fully expect it to be gone.
  • Options
    GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    What!!! I mean can't they just start the show and not kick off with crossovers and such silliness. Are they trying to confuse viewers from the start?

I have to say that I'm looking forward to it myself. :)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, it's rare a show in it's first season on a broadcast network is ever given a double season renewal.

Brilliant news. I recently began watching it. It's a fantastic show. No where near as miserable as people have made out to be.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, it's rare a show in it's first season on a broadcast network is ever given a double season renewal.

Brilliant news. I recently began watching it. It's a fantastic show. No where near as miserable as people have made out to be.

I don't think it's miserable, I just found it annoying, from the characters to the situations just annoyed the heck out of me. I might try it later but for now I'm not too impressed.
  • Options
    MissAyrshireMissAyrshire Posts: 3,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved will & Grace but don't think it should come back
  • Options
    fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is Us renewed for a second and third season.

http://tvline.com/2017/01/18/this-is-us-renewed-season-2-nbc/

Really pleased about this, am enjoying watching it here at UK pace. Not sure it will still be on C4 considering the poor ratings for it, though.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I loved will & Grace but don't think it should come back

I have to admit finding the minisode a bit of a mixed bag but with 10 episodes, it could be a fun return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scandal: Gladiator Wanted - 6-Part Web Series Announced. Its available now on ABC.com

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/scandal-gladiator-wanted-6-part-web.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sneaky Pete renewed for a second season
  • Options
    evkylemeatsixevkylemeatsix Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    So happy with the news of Will & Grace
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABC are planning a spin-off from Blackish. The proposed spin-off will follow the oldest child Zoe as she attends college.

Sounds crap personally. They decide to take the weakest and unfunniest character from Black-ish and give her a show. Fingers crossed it doesn't go ahead. I know that sounds terribly dismissive and I am not normally like that but come on.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 15,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sneaky Pete renewed for a second season

We know that Amazon and Netflix never release viewing figures, but Amazon have confirmed that Sneaky Pete got the second highest number of viewers on the day it premiered when compared to all other Amazon original programmes. So a big success for them.

The record for highest number of viewers remains Man in the High Castle. I wonder where The Grand Tour rates (I know it’ll be ‘UK heavy’ in terms of appeal).
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Lawnmower Man is being made into a TV series and it will be using new VR technology.
  • Options
    GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    Good Behavior renewed for a second season

Hopefully TNT will announce a fourth season for The Librarians as well.

I've only just started watching this, and am very pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

I watched a trailer early on before the series started and thought that it was alright, but not necessarily for me. However, when I saw that it was renewed for a second season, I decided to give it a go and am very glad that I did.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABC are planning a spin-off from Blackish. The proposed spin-off will follow the oldest child Zoe as she attends college.

Sounds crap personally. They decide to take the weakest and unfunniest character from Black-ish and give her a show. Fingers crossed it doesn't go ahead. I know that sounds terribly dismissive and I am not normally like that but come on.

I quite like Zoe I must admit, but there's no reason to spin this off in to another teen college comedy.

I suspect we'll get a backdoor pilot at the very least though, but I think it's a silly idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For God And Country - Military Drama Receives Pilot Order at NBC. Its their 2nd Drama pilot order so far.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/for-god-and-country-military-drama.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    3 pilots requested 1 each for NBC, CBS and ABC

Me, Myself and I - Boyhood-esque Comedy Receives Pilot Order at CBS

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/me-myself-and-i-boyhood-esque-comedy.html

Mixed Race Family Comedy from Fresh Off The Boat Creator Receives Pilot Order at NBC

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/mixed-race-family-comedy-from-fresh-off.html

Raised By Wolves - Comedy from Greg Berlanti & Diablo Cody Receives Pilot Order at ABC

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/raised-by-wolves-comedy-from-greg.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to see how Raised by wolves will be like with an American setting. But i have a lot of faith as Diablo Cody is behind it and imo, one of the best writers in the industry, She has a great way with writing some fun, quirky but also brutally honest dialogue. I loved her work on Juno, Young adult and The united states of tara.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope they do it justice this time. It was a favourite comic of mine before I quit them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deception and The Crossing - ABC Gives Pilot Orders to Magic Procedural and Futuristic War Drama

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/deception-and-crossing-abc-gives-pilot.html

Untitled Marc Cherry/Reba McEntire Project - ABC Pilot Preview

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/untitled-marc-cherryreba-mcentire.html

ABC really need some of these hour pilots to work
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Southern Gothic Soap Opera? Count me in. That sounds great. I love Marc Cherry. I was and still am a big fan of Desperate Housewives. And I loved and still am mourning Devious Maids. I hope it works out. I love his campy dark comedic take on things.