Shows you gave up watching this year

Comments

• PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't given up in Nashville and will watch this season out but I may not watch the next one.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    No No No, it's one of the best shows. The 2 leads Freddie & Vera are just superb. The last season was really creepy & with the final season coming up it is a must watch for me.

Agreed.

And they've finally got their long-awaited awards as it cleaned up at the People's Choice Awards last night. Fingers crossed they'll now get the Emmys they deserve. :D
  • xxdeeniexxxxdeeniexx Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Lucifer S1 - was fun couple of episodes then snoozefest
    The Blacklist S1 - I didn't make it to the end :/
    Chicago Fire S3 (I think) - when they expanded the Chicago franchise. I didn't take to Chicago PD, but you had to watch every franchise to find out the answer to a certain storyline.
    Sons of Anarchy S1 - I just can't get by the first 6 episodes :o
    The Affair S1 - couldn't get into it at all.
    Person of Interest S3 - not sure, think I missed a few episodes then filtered away.

However I am a fan of Suits and Nashville so sticking with them.
    Loved Shooter too. Sticking with Designated Survivor, hoping it picks up once the main storyline is resolved.

Just seen the first episode of Pure Genius and liking it so far.

Bull, Timeless, Frequency, Notorious, Conviction are on my watch every week list, but I wouldn't be disappointed if any of them are cancelled. I call them my fluff shows.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speechless - Poor jokes and lame plots, despite a strong cast and set of characters.
  • FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The blacklist, the last season was the last I watched. Chicago Fire, I got bored with it and prefer CPD. Lucifer I raved about at first, but got bored waiting for her to kind out who he was, wanted a stand out moment like when he told the shrink. The affair, lost interest at the end of the first season. Designated survivor started well but got really stagnent and I stopped watching after ep 8.
  • the_powerthe_power Posts: 3,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones - Deviated way too far from the books, cutting out some great characters and completely changing others e.g relegating a character who was an amazing mastermind behind a huge plot (Varys) into nothing more than a subservient sycophant to someone he's had nothing to do with up to yet. Plus the butchering of the s/l in Dorne was absolutely sickening.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blacklist
    Person of Interest
    Nashville
    Billions
    Speechless
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shades of Blue
    Novelty wore off and stopped caring.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Homeland, the last couple of seasons I've been struggling to keep up so eventually gave up after 2 episodes in on the new season. Twelve Monkeys is another one I've dropped.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I give up Scorpion thus year or last, can't really remember.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Is Us. That's the one I couldn't remember, although I did give pretty early, it was the bit at the wake the actor Jonny went to during rehearsal, sorry to go on but I believe there is another wake later on.

Anyway so I'm still not sure if it was last year or did it only start this year. Doesn't matter I gave up and not been tempted back. Oh and AOS is on the edge AGAIN starting to wonder why I still bother. This is about the third time I've nearly given up. I did once in s 1, but went back, but again in s2 though long and hard, and once or twice in s 3 I did wonder why I kept going. Now I'm very close to dropping it.
  • Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NCIS tried Denozzo free version, not for me i think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @Hamlet77 your posts do make me laugh sometimes
  • dave2702dave2702 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't actually given up on Supernatural or Bones but I now have two seasons worth of each on the PVR can't decide whether to just wipe both.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dave2702 wrote: »
    Haven't actually given up on Supernatural or Bones but I now have two seasons worth of each on the PVR can't decide whether to just wipe both.

I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to have to sit through two seasons of supernatural. Wipe away.
    Haha
    Up to you of course
  • calderyoncalderyon Posts: 4,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supernatural is great. Always has, always will be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angie Tribeca
    Loved the first season. The novelty wore off by season 2. Stuck around for the third season to see maybe it could improve. Sadly not.
  • ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calderyon wrote: »
    Supernatural is great. Always has, always will be.

The worst Supernatural episode is better than dreck like Bones.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the time it's taking Channel 5 to show the third season, it might be Gotham for me.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 100.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angie Tribeca
    Loved the first season. The novelty wore off by season 2. Stuck around for the third season to see maybe it could improve. Sadly not.

Oh yeah I forgot about Angie Tribeca, thing is I gave that up last year sometime.

Am I giving AOS, again? Don't know?
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    With the time it's taking Channel 5 to show the third season, it might be Gotham for me.

Since they've been quiet on Facebook and Twitter since March and with the DVD due for release next month it's unlikely that they will be airing it now. It's probably best to watch it online at this stage if you don't want to wait for the DVD.

IMO Netflix should just pick it up like they did with 'Breaking Bad' and 'Archer', which were both treated appallingly by 5USA. They aired 'Breaking Bad' hours after the US airing (like they do with 'Better Call Saul' and 'Designated Survivor') and have had the most recent seasons of 'Archer' the month after it ends in the US.

• NobbyspilesNobbyspiles Posts: 6,041
    Forum Member
    Had mr robot series 2 recorded, just got around to watching, 2 episodes in, and that's enough for me, I'm out 😩, life's too short .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bull, it's the same story every week, and excuse me who the heck is paying for all this trial analysis. Boring
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going back to work after 7 years off on Monday so all the dating shows, Big Brothers, Married at First Sights, Orange is The New Black, Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale, The Affair, Gigolos, Divorce, anything my husband doesn't watch really!