Options

Is EastEnders uncool with todays teenagers?

Comments

• Options
    princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 13 year old cousin watches EE and all of her friends do. Funnily enough she said HO is often shunted. Bizarre - todays teens seem to be more on our wavelength!
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    How can it be childish if it's popular with 40s?

:D....
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rack Fan wrote: »
    im 17, i love watching eastenders and so do most of my friends

that's a crying shame , it's complete tosh and will only serve to make your world a grimmer place imo.
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 13 year old cousin watches EE and all of her friends do. Funnily enough she said HO is often shunted. Bizarre - todays teens seem to be more on our wavelength!

IT is truly one of the worst written and acted show on British tv and serves no purpose as far as i can see other than to serve some sort of need for people desperate to watch shouting and arguing - so similar standard of viewer to Jeremy Kyle, it's just like a soap full of Jeremy Kyle guests.

same stories week in and week out.......i have just switched it on for 5 minutes and 4 scenes and is all i can bear!!! 4 scenes so natch 4 massive arguments. Who like's screaming and shouting over nothing blaring into their living rooms?

I hate Corrie as well but at least i can see a tincy wincy reason why it maybe popular.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's a crying shame , it's complete tosh and will only serve to make your world a grimmer place imo.

LOL love EE myself but that made me laugh :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only few of my friends watched EE when I was in school but I can't remember anyone who actually watched every single episode. Now I'm at uni, the common room is always packed with people when EE is on.

No-one would ever mention Corrie or Emmerdale even if they did watch it.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    I always wind up the chav girls at the back of the class when they're talking about EE and Hollyoaks by coming over and saying, 'did you see Corrie last night, it was brill!'

They look at me with disdain and say things like: 'err nat sir I would't go admitting you like coronation street'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always wind up the chav girls at the back of the class when they're talking about EE and Hollyoaks by coming over and saying, 'did you see Corrie last night, it was brill!'

They look at me with disdain and say things like: 'err nat sir I would't go admitting you like coronation street'

Tell me you're not the teacher :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tell me you're not the teacher :D

I am yes :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so. All five of my housemates much prefer it to Emmerdale and Neighbours and don't usually mind me watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love you :o wish you were my teacher
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

So you tease them about Corrie and then give them homework :D;)
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    IT is truly one of the worst written and acted show on British tv and serves no purpose as far as i can see other than to serve some sort of need for people desperate to watch shouting and arguing - so similar standard of viewer to Jeremy Kyle, it's just like a soap full of Jeremy Kyle guests.

same stories week in and week out.......i have just switched it on for 5 minutes and 4 scenes and is all i can bear!!! 4 scenes so natch 4 massive arguments. Who like's screaming and shouting over nothing blaring into their living rooms?

I hate Corrie as well but at least i can see a tincy wincy reason why it maybe popular.

Mr Grumpy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love you :o wish you were my teacher

Ha not all the time!
    So you tease them about Corrie and then give them homework :D;)

yeah although I appear to have gained a reputation as the bribe-able teacher as I once took a mars bar from a student in exchange for not giving them homework. Little did they know that I never planned on giving them homework anyway...but I needed something to eat on my break!

Now, that class are always trying to offer me sweets...
    But I have gone way off the original topic :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ha not all the time!

yeah although I appear to have gained a reputation as the bribe-able teacher as I once took a mars bar from a student in exchange for not giving them homework. Little did they know that I never planned on giving them homework anyway...but I needed something to eat on my break!

Now, that class are always trying to offer me sweets...
    But I have gone way off the original topic :o

Lol- it strikes me (back on topic) that EE is v popular among the mid 20s- early 30s crowd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's harder to gauge with Corrie and Emmerdale...as nobody admits that they like them.Despite being very different now, they still have the stigma of being all old people and sheep stories
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think most teenagers like it .. i have a 17 year old brother and he used to be obsessed with it and talk about it alot (was prob about the only ting he watched on tv)

Im 25 and can take itor leave it if i miss an episode i dont worry about catching up on it later just watch the next one .....hollyoaks i never miss anymore and if i do i watch it on sky+......corrie i see if im at my nans and its on ... emmerdale never since an areoplane crashed or something when chris tate was in it
  • Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've watched eastenders on and off since i was little. i got into it again at 17 - when i was pregnant and didn't have anything interesting to do, and at 18 i watched both corrie and ee.now i'm 20, i've found that people my age love eastenders and have done so for years. :)
  • Options
    AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was the only boy in my A-Level Media class that watched EastEnders (and soaps in general), and somehow that caused a discussion!

But for some reason or other I can imagine EE being more popular 20 years ago amongst teenagers, purely because of the young characters like Ian, Sharon, Michelle, Lofty etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's harder to gauge with Corrie and Emmerdale...as nobody admits that they like them.Despite being very different now, they still have the stigma of being all old people and sheep stories

Old ladies like 60/80 sit in their arm chairs with a cup of Tea and watch Corrie :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    Old ladies like 60/80 sit in their arm chairs with a cup of Tea and watch Corrie :D

There are a lot of closet young viewers as well though ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are a lot of closet young viewers as well though ;)

They must be in Narnia then :D
  • Options
    CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im a 14 year old boy and ive been watching it since i was about 4! i know loads of people at school (boys) who watch it! :D
  • Options
    Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 16 and in my school, kids always talk about EastEnders and sometimes Corrie but not much Emmerdale, I myself still watch EastEnders although I much perfer watching the Den, Angie, Sue, Ali, Mary, Lofty, Michelle, aka the 80s.