Options

Pete Andre for coffee...wake up OFCOM.

i4ui4u Posts: 55,005
Forum Member
Caught the end of his prog last night, when are OFCOM going to step in and take action against what looked like a massive unpaid ad?

How many times did his management let it be known he was launching a coffee brand?

He can't just be on a diet it has to become a major feature leading to him 'innocently' naming the diet.

What was with him sitting at a table with others, but when he did the 'ad' he was on his own, but next shot the others are back.....looked like someone had said, 'Pete, you need to say this...'

Come on OFCOM bang him and his ex to rights....their game has been sussed....time to put an end to it, if only for the sake of the exploited children.

Comments

• Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Caught the end of his prog last night, when are OFCOM going to step in and take action against what looked like a massive unpaid ad?

How many times did his management let it be known he was launching a coffee brand?

He can't just be on a diet it has to become a major feature leading to him 'innocently' naming the diet.

What was with him sitting at a table with others, but when he did the 'ad' he was on his own, but next shot the others are back.....looked like someone had said, 'Pete, you need to say this...'

Come on OFCOM bang him and his ex to rights....their game has been sussed....time to put an end to it, if only for the sake of the exploited children.

I missed it. Is the show repeated? I haven't watched his show at all this time.
  • Options
    OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are joking right ?

What have OFCOM to do with someone discussing a forthcoming project on a TV show- happens all the time in case you didn`t know :p Most celeb guests on chat shows are plugging something. And he was sat at a table with others ? How dare he.......and he was drinking red wine - maybe OFCOM should step in for shamlessly promoting Italian red wine..............and he was test driving a Lamborghini - again shamless promotion :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »

It`s usually repeated during the week or available on Catch Up TV. Best episode yet - was really good :)
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I switched on about half way through and did wonder why they kept mentioning coffee, but at some point the voice over did mention the launch of a PA coffee brand. It was a really odd piece of advertising.

He didn't even seem to much like coffee as he kept wandering off to do anything else but taste coffee. If the Italian bloke had not have been with him, he would not have had a clue. The only coffee he seemed able to pass a comment on was the last one which he liked coz the server drew a face on the froth!

A very odd programme but yes it plugged the diet and plugged the coffee and so perhaps this series is just meant to be one big advertising revenue generation project (after the hotel feature last week)?
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What will Powell have him advertising next BOG ROLL :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

if it had his face on every sheet, id buy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I switched on about half way through and did wonder why they kept mentioning coffee, but at some point the voice over did mention the launch of a PA coffee brand. It was a really odd piece of advertising.

He didn't even seem to much like coffee as he kept wandering off to do anything else but taste coffee. If the Italian bloke had not have been with him, he would not have had a clue. The only coffee he seemed able to pass a comment on was the last one which he liked coz the server drew a face on the froth!

A very odd programme but yes it plugged the diet and plugged the coffee and so perhaps this series is just meant to be one big advertising revenue generation project (after the hotel feature last week)?

PA is a coffee-holic - when he lived in Brighton I reckon Starbucks was his second home lol:p So I would imagine he is well able to tell a good from a not so good coffee Janet :) By the way, the Italian bloke with him was the owner of Costa Coffee.

And he was roadtesting the Caveman diet for Men`s Health mag - nothing wrong in mentioning that surely :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You are joking right ?

What have OFCOM to do with someone discussing a forthcoming project on a TV show- happens all the time in case you didn`t know :p Most celeb guests on chat shows are plugging something. And he was sat at a table with others ? How dare he.......and he was drinking red wine - maybe OFCOM should step in for shamlessly promoting Italian red wine..............and he was test driving a Lamborghini - again shamless promotion :rolleyes:

Clearly you know nought about undue prominence and rules/guide lines regarding promotional chats.

This was not a chat it was supposed to be a 'documentary' which was made by Peter's management agents....the equivalent of a manufacturers corporate video about one it's products.

His ex is often referred to as brand 'Katie' and he is the same....let him and his agent buy advertising space like other brands....don't pretend it's some innocent idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His ex is often referred to as brand 'Katie' and he is the same....let him and his agent buy advertising space like other brands....don't pretend it's some innocent idea.

Yes Powell would never do something as underhand as that would she:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PA is a coffee-holic - when he lived in Brighton I reckon Starbucks was his second home lol:p So I would imagine he is well able to tell a good from a not so good coffee Janet :) By the way, the Italian bloke with him was the owner of Costa Coffee.

And he was roadtesting the Caveman diet for Men`s Health mag[/B] - nothing wrong in mentioning that surely :confused:

From your own fingertips why OFCOM should step in and stop this blatant product placement.

How much was Peter being paid to be 'honest' in his views by Costa coffee and the men's mag and feature them infront of a TV audience?

As I pointed out he's talk about the diet was filmed seperately....wonder how many takes it took.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As I pointed out he's talk about the diet was filmed seperately....wonder how many takes it took.

Maybe its because Powell kept interupting
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I didn't see that? :confused: to be honest, I was more shocked that he's launching a COFFEE brand. How weird.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    I didn't see that? :confused: to be honest, I was more shocked that he's launching a COFFEE brand. How weird.

I wonder what name Powell has advised her client to choose
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Daddy's coffee?

For My Kids?

Pava?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daddy's coffee?

For My Kids?

Pava?

Keep em coming :D
  • Options
    FuzzyWigLoverFuzzyWigLover Posts: 271
    Forum Member

Shame his namesake is already a household name, Andre-x. One opportunity CAN cannot just jump on the bandwagon with.:D

I confess to not understanding advertising regulations, surely there would be people in the know, or even representatives of OFCOM who monitor programmes, and any blatant flouting of regulations would be dealt with, wouldnt they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Calm down ...

What about on Katies show, when she's banging on about her books/new make up range/perfume/clothes blah blah...one and the same isnt it!!??!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

BITTER 'N TWISTED;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    poppy10 wrote: »

It's on ITV2 so it'll be repeated and repeated so the advertising message gets pushed home.

Did I tell you about this fantastic diet I'm on, it's unlike any other diet.

I get paid for roadtesting it for a magazine who inturn are being paid to feature the diet and all I have to do is mention it on TV...all the extra pounds I might put on goes straight to the bank.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *T*I*N*K* wrote: »
    Calm down ...

What about on Katies show, when she's banging on about her books/new make up range/perfume/clothes blah blah...one and the same isnt it!!??!!

Which bit of "Brand Katie" or of the following did you miss?
    Come on OFCOM bang him and his ex to rights....their game has been sussed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's on ITV2 so it'll be repeated and repeated so the advertising message gets pushed home.

Did I tell you about this fantastic diet I'm on, it's unlike any other diet.

I get paid for roadtesting it for a magazine who inturn are being paid to feature the diet and all I have to do is mention it on TV...all the extra pounds I might put on goes straight to the bank.

Is this another little fibby wibby slipping out then? I thought all his weight loss was down to the orrible orrible divorce?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything Peter Andre and co. ever do, from their 'documentaries' to the daily planted news stories is self publicity. You either pay attention or you don't I guess.

If his show was on the BBC I could see why you'd be annoyed.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Everything Peter Andre and co. ever do, from their 'documentaries' to the daily planted news stories is self publicity. You either pay attention or you don't I guess.

If his show was on the BBC I could see why you'd be annoyed.

Or, you do like me and the majority of other tv viewers, and just don't watch.:D
  • Options
    DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant really comment as didnt watch it but dosent this happen with most reality shows? arent they there to plug themselves as a "brand", brand PA, brand PRICEY, ETC or to sell themselves and keep us interested in their lives?

not so sure what there is to get so het up about but eh :) think theyre ALL guilty of it maybe if everyone complains we wont have any more ANDRE/PRICE/KATONA/shows.. but then what would people make threads about?
    ;)

If people are that offended they can always do what i did..and not watch ? =no viewers=no new series :) just an idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DeeLush wrote: »
    Cant really comment as didnt watch it but dosent this happen with most reality shows? arent they there to plug themselves as a "brand", brand PA, brand PRICEY, ETC or to sell themselves and keep us interested in their lives?

not so sure what there is to get so het up about but eh :) think theyre ALL guilty of it maybe if everyone complains we wont have any more ANDRE/PRICE/KATONA/shows.. but then what would people make threads about?
    ;)

If people are that offended they can always do what i did..and not watch ? =no viewers=no new series :) just an idea.

Obviously people are not offended by what they see because he received ratings of 1.1 million last week (highest rated show on ITV2) at the moment) :)
This discussion has been closed.