Options

Coleman Crusading (Jenna-Louise Coleman Appreciation)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was indeed the moment of moments. What a lovely woman. Still looked super fresh after God knows how many people and taking time to compliment all the cosplayers. Very smiley & friendly.
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a way, JLC has now appeared with the first 11Doctors...does she realise the significance of this and just what it means to random nutters, like me, who take these things way too seriously?

Impossibly Wonderful Clara...I hope she is with the Magnificent Eleven for a long time...
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Quite possibly.

Something to ponder there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At long last, both a photo and an autograph. Suitably conveyed my appreciation. This was a good day :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back safe in Lancashire - worth every second.

( with today's additions of Billie Piper, Bernard Cribbins & Jacqueline King who appeared out of nowhere in a crowd )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Clara. I have loved her from the very first episode she appeared as the companion; The Asylum of Daleks, adored her in Snowmen and have really enjoyed her since. I have enjoyed Matt’s doctor immensely since Clara has been his companion. I got sick to death of the Ponds and imo it was really unfortunate that Matt’s doctor’s reign will be mostly associated with the Ponds who really dragged it down.

I think Clara is the best companion of any Dr Who since the series returned. Matt and Jenna have amazing chemistry and it is such a shame that Matt is leaving this Christmas, just as he was matched with the best companion. I would have liked to see one more season with Clara and Matt’s doctor.

Clara has breathed new life to the doctor and really brings out a different side to him. She is different, really special and speaks her own mind. It is great to have a companion that is not desperately dependant on the doctor.
    I like how deeply the doctor cares about her, how she makes him feel really awkward at times.
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Brillant actress ,always enjoyed watching her even all the way back to Emmerdale where her character is serving life in jail for murdering a copper.

She is wasted in Dr Who...she is such a fine actress Im sure there are better roles out there for her.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brillant actress ,always enjoyed watching her even all the way back to Emmerdale where her character is serving life in jail for murdering a copper.

She is wasted in Dr Who...she is such a fine actress Im sure there are better roles out there for her.

:eek::eek:

;):D
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »

Fantastic. Another thing to watch Jenna on during the Christmas period.
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek:

;):D

*dowses Granny down with whiskey hose*

It is, of course, telling that top talent queues up to appear in this kind of tat.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame that the book is so dull. Odd as I love both P D James and Jane Austen!

Maybe the TV adaptation will be better - I'll look forward to watching it. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a shame that the book is so dull. Odd as I love both P D James and Jane Austen!

Maybe the TV adaptation will be better - I'll look forward to watching it. :)

Dull , is it? Well sod that then *puts Snakes On A Plane on*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did I say Snakes On A Plane? What I meant was *starts reading this excellent new translation of the icelandic sagas*
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Jenna is related Olivia Coleman, the actress who's recently been in Broadchurch and Rev.? I've been wondering that for a few days, now. I was going to mention this before on here, but completely forgot.

Does anyone know, by any chance? Would be a coincidence, as they've both been in Doctor Who with the same actor playing the Doctor.
  • Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    I wonder if Jenna is related Olivia Coleman, the actress who's recently been in Broadchurch and Rev.? I've been wondering that for a few days, now. I was going to mention this before on here, but completely forgot.

Does anyone know, by any chance? Would be a coincidence, as they've both been in Doctor Who with the same actor playing the Doctor.

Coleman =/= Colman. They might be 16th cousins, 15 times removed or something, but beyond that...
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not serving life, nor for murder. She's serving (served now as of March this year) 4 years for manslaughter.

Yes there is.. she can get her arse back to Emmerdale ;) Her sentence is over :D
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

That makes two Lydias who have played Who companions created by Moffat. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring it on back home, MediaMatters :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenna putting in a good turn in Pemberley - with Doctor 12's Terri Coverley.