Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Verna_Gold1Verna_Gold1 Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Sheridan Smith always comes across as so genuine and lovely. She seems very modest in her interviews and never comes across as being arrogant, just very 'normal' and sweet to everyone, for example, whenever you see her interviews on chat shows she's always greeting the audience and involving them a lot.

She came into our local pub a couple of months back and apparently was very friendly, down-to-earth and joined in with the karaoke!
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »
    I met Joey Essex in Westfield last year. Most arrogant/ stuck up person I've ever come across. I spotted him with his mates and asked if I could take a photo with him and gave me the dirtiest look ever then very reluctantly said yes. I then took a photo with whilst his mates were sneering and hurling abuse at me for no reason (saying that the shirt I was wearing horrible ) (His mates are horrible too). After I thanked him and walked away, I heard him say to his mates ''what an idiot''!!!!!!! I suffer from autism so I'm not very good in some social situations therefore I was nervous! Very horrid person!

I've got nothing against and was a huge fan of him until I met him as he seemed like a really genuinely nice guy. He's got a Jekyll and Hyde character.

Shame more people don't realise this side to him and can't see beyond the pretty boy / 'I'm nice but dim' facade! He's certainly not the nice boy he portrays.

I think most people can see beyond the pretty boy , thankfully .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    She came into our local pub a couple of months back and apparently was very friendly, down-to-earth and joined in with the karaoke!

Aww how cool! There's a video of her on YouTube performing at a karaoke, she sung I Will Always Love You and she came across as almost shy and so grateful to the people there. Wonderful person.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheridan Smith always comes across as so genuine and lovely. She seems very modest in her interviews and never comes across as being arrogant, just very 'normal' and sweet to everyone, for example, whenever you see her interviews on chat shows she's always greeting the audience and involving them a lot.

Comes from a really down to earth and loving family. She was on that Who Do You Think You Are programme and they looked very close. I don't think she can believe she is a success, very humble.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I once attended a recording of 'Two Pints' and as we were leaving the studio I heard a familiar voice shout 'Thanks for coming lads' - when I looked round it was no other than Sheridan Smith smiling at me and my friend! Every bit as friendly and genuine as you'd expect. I only wish I'd asked for an autograph!! :)
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    SS always seems so warm and a proper 'grafter'. I can remember seeing her on The One Show a while back, sat on the sofa with a 'non-celeb' family who'd featured in one of the filmed reports, and she was so lovely and tactile towards the children.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Comes from a really down to earth and loving family. She was on that Who Do You Think You Are programme and they looked very close. I don't think she can believe she is a success, very humble.

Agree with this and all the others who replied to my original post. I remember seeing her on WDYTYA and in our Red Cross meeting the following week we were all talking about how lovely she seems and how fantastic she is.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Kankurette;77869544]I've not met him myself, but according to a guy I know through Everton fandom, Roberto Martinez, our manager, is really nice. He met him at a Ruleteros Society meeting. (There's another Everton in Chile and the Ruleteros are a group of fans of both teams.)

Don't know about any of the squad though. Tim Howard is a bit moody apparently.

ETA: I've just remembered my cousin was a mascot at one of the matches during the Moyes years, and she met him and some of the players. Can't remember which ones, but she did say David Weir was a miserable git.[/QUOTE]

He's an absolute gentleman, My Brother was Mascot at Chester (where he finished his playign career) and is honestly one of the most genuine and charming men I've ever met, he came over and had a chat to the family and happily played a bit of passing with my brother while we took photo's- Made his day and it's always stuck with me that he went above and beyond- Really, really nice guy
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I really don't get why celebs behave in the way Titchmarsh and others are said to be doing. They do a job, they go out to work and come home. Like a lot of people, some do long hours and give of their best. It doesn't mean they should be allowed access or privileges greater than anyone else standing in a queue or waiting their turn.

I have no respect whatsoever for anyone who does the "Do You Know Who I Am?" thing! Being famous (or having been famous once...20 years ago...for about 5 minutes) does not entitle someone to march to the front of a queue and/or generally be obnoxious!
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    I have no respect whatsoever for anyone who does the "Do You Know Who I Am?" thing! Being famous (or having been famous once...20 years ago...for about 5 minutes) does not entitle someone to march to the front of a queue and/or generally be obnoxious!

Cilla Black put that phrase into Room 101, yet i get the feeling she uses that phrase quite often.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I have met a few celebs. I met Mark Hamill when he was in the play Amadeus on Broadway. It was at the same time that Return of the Jedi was playing in a theatre down the street, so it was a pretty big deal. He was ok, I guess. A bit high strung. But then again, he was playing the lead role of Amadeus in the play, and that is a pretty demanding role. I went back many times and actually became a bit of a hangers on until the plays run ended. I got to hang out with Mark a few times and with some of the other actors in the play, namely David Birney who played Antonio Salieri. I really hit it off with David. He would have me run down the street and get his tea for him and he brought me backstage and showed me the stage props. He also brought me to his dressing room and showed me his costumes. He was still married to Meredith Baxter Birney at the time and he was a total gentleman. I will never ever forget how kind he was to me. A truly sweet man.

I also would like to ask Bringingbackgalaxy if he could give me a few tips as to how I can reach Steven Moffat ? A very dear friend of mine has recorded a song titled I am Dr. Who and has even had a video made of it. He would like to contact Mr. Moffat concerning this.

Another internet Celebrity that I met in person is American Lesley Jane. He has a very active music website. He is very prolific, and puts out songs in one day ( from start to finish). He's the person who recorded the I am Dr. Who song. I can't lie, I am a very big Dr. Who fan, and after hearing that song, it became my all time favorite song of all time.

Here's a link to that video to anyone who would like to watch it. It's on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/4DQhQvSwPWM

Cheers....

Chris
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Sheridan Smith last year in a club. She'd just finished filming Cilla and was in my hometown for a night out as her friend lives here and they were off on holiday the next day. I know all this by talking to her obviously. Really nice woman!
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I can second that. Met her and Will Mellor at an event a couple of years back - they were both very friendly and happy to spend time with the folk who were there. Sheridan especially so - making sure she went round everyone who wanted to pose for photos etc. We met her parents at that event and have since been to see their band play in Doncaster a couple of times. They are lovely people and you can see where she gets her affinity with people from.

She never comes across as anything other than humble, grateful for her career and willing to go the extra mile for people who have come to see her.
  • KankuretteKankurette Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    He's an absolute gentleman, My Brother was Mascot at Chester (where he finished his playign career) and is honestly one of the most genuine and charming men I've ever met, he came over and had a chat to the family and happily played a bit of passing with my brother while we took photo's- Made his day and it's always stuck with me that he went above and beyond- Really, really nice guy
    Awww, that's lovely. :)
  • Magic TorchMagic Torch Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another actor from a soap who impressed me as a kid was Bill Dean (Harry Cross). I must have been about 7 when I met him at a local fete and he was very funny and chatty. He spent ages talking to my mum about books they'd both read and was happy to talk to vereyone and sign things.

That is nice to hear, as I am Bill Dean's great nephew :)

Bill Dean was his stage name, I knew him as 'Uncle Pat'. He was a big Everton fan, hence why his stage surname was 'Dean' (after the Everton legend 'Dixie Dean'). Not surprised that you found him to be funny, as prior to Brookside (& other TV series/films), he was a stand up comic.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is nice to hear, as I am Bill Dean's great nephew :)

Bill Dean was his stage name, I knew him as 'Uncle Pat'. He was a big Everton fan, hence why his stage surname was 'Dean' (after the Everton legend 'Dixie Dean'). Not surprised that you found him to be funny, as prior to Brookside (& other TV series/films), he was a stand up comic.
    He was in the Ray Winstone film "Scum" if I recall correctly.

Loved him in Brookside. I'm trying to remember if he had any slightly comic moments in the show but at the moment all I recall is his gruff belligerent personality! The time when he lost his screen wife Edna was quite moving though. Then his relationship with Ralph later on.

Talking gruff people in real life, back in the mid 80's when that "Fit The Best - Everest" advert was on all the time with the feather being floated down the window by Ted Moult, I found myself as a teenager sitting opposite him on an Inter City train to Euston one summer holiday. He was a very well known face at the time. I recognised him and caught his eye and he realised I knew who he was and gave me a really fowl look as if to say don't you say a word to me, then picked a paper up and hid his face from me. He shot himself not long afterwards!
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I can second that. Met her and Will Mellor at an event a couple of years back - they were both very friendly and happy to spend time with the folk who were there. Sheridan especially so - making sure she went round everyone who wanted to pose for photos etc. We met her parents at that event and have since been to see their band play in Doncaster a couple of times. They are lovely people and you can see where she gets her affinity with people from.

She never comes across as anything other than humble, grateful for her career and willing to go the extra mile for people who have come to see her.

I saw Sheridan Smith after a matinee of Legally Blonde. Even though she had another show to do in the evening she went the whole crowd of people for pics and autographs. She was a delightful, lovely woman.

I also saw her twice in the show and she was fabulous.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    I saw Sheridan Smith after a matinee of Legally Blonde. Even though she had another show to do in the evening she went the whole crowd of people for pics and autographs. She was a delightful, lovely woman.

I also saw her twice in the show and she was fabulous.

At the BAFTA ceremony on Sunday, Graham Norton mentioned that the public were in and being kept away from the celebs, and made some derogatory remarks about them. Camera cut to Sheridan and she had an appalled face and looked uncomfortable about the jokes. I think she is a nice, down to earth woman who is that rare combination of being very talented but modest with it.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    ...Ted Moult, I found myself as a teenager sitting opposite him on an Inter City train to Euston one summer holiday...He shot himself not long afterwards!

I'm sure the two events are quite unrelated!

There's a rumour that Ted Moult actually died in a house fire; couldn't break his way out through the double glazing...
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When this article about Sheridan Smith appeared, I thought of this thread and the complimentary comments about her. :)

'Returning home later that night he upbeat mood extended to her designated driver - who received a warm hug and an autograph as she departed'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3076635/Sheridan-Smith-looks-embarrassed-pays-cab-HUG-forgetting-purse-TV-BAFTA-Awards.html#ixzz3a5rdGNei
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When this article about Sheridan Smith appeared, I thought of this thread and the complimentary comments about her. :)

'Returning home later that night he upbeat mood extended to her designated driver - who received a warm hug and an autograph as she departed'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3076635/Sheridan-Smith-looks-embarrassed-pays-cab-HUG-forgetting-purse-TV-BAFTA-Awards.html#ixzz3a5rdGNei

Sheridan Smith seems to be an exceptionally nice person. How ironic that she was chosen to play Cilla Black!
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone met Robert Englund? He comes across well in interviews.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Sheridan Smith seems to be an exceptionally nice person. How ironic that she was chosen to play Cilla Black!

She seems to be the nicest person in showbiz who isn't called Tom Hanks. :D
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister met Laurence Llewellyn Bowen at a home and gardens show today and he agreed to being photographed and signing an autograph for her daughter. She said he was happy to do this for several people and was prepared to talk for ages.
    OTOH I do recall seeing Geoff Capes at a local sports day in 1993 and he was a fat, sweaty misery who refused to talk to anyone and was probably only there for his fee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Has anyone met Robert Englund? He comes across well in interviews.

He gets a few mentions here, all positive (even though the piece is about celebs being dicks!) http://jezebel.com/the-best-time-a-celebrity-was-a-dick-to-you-1704797468