Options

What Will Dan Wooton Do Now?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best part is none of the people he attacked on Twitter had said anything to him directly, but they had joked about the demise of the NOTW which he seemed to take exception to. Given that he's bullied these people it's hardly surprising they took pleasure in him being out of a job.

I noticed that earlier. He told Josie from BB that if only she knew the number of high profile female friends have been in touch. That'll be Nicola Mcmean and Amy Childs then who he has retweeted.:D:D
  • Options
    Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebekah Brooks is going to reinstate News of the World reputation, according to Sky News.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The PM is suggesting she goes.

Thing is, she's one of Rupert Murdoch's most trusted. She's like a daughter to him, he trusts her with his company.

she knows too much, he couldnt afford to sack her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    she knows too much, he couldnt afford to sack her

I don't think it's that corrupt. I believe Rupert thinks of Rebekah like a daughter and is protecting her as such.

It really is just that.
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect he'll end up at Heat / Star / NOW / OK?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    I expect he'll end up at Heat / Star / NOW / OK?

Nah, his own website funded by News International.

;)
  • Options
    moomeemoomee Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Just wondering, doesn't apply to me, but will people who've subscribed to NOW site get a refund?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moomee wrote: »
    Just wondering, doesn't apply to me, but will people who've subscribed to NOW site get a refund?:confused:

I wondered that. All stories on the site are now public again as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moomee wrote: »

I expect so, the only honest thing they'll ever do.
  • Options
    tvhonourtvhonour Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the interview he gave on Lorraine - WOW this guy can blow his own trumpet. Every other sentence he banged on about being "award winning."
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvhonour wrote: »
    I've just seen the interview he gave on Lorraine - WOW this guy can blow his own trumpet. Every other sentence he banged on about being "award winning."

Could it be that he's hoping they'll take him on when the new tabloid gets up and running?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,994
    Forum Member
    He had a girlfriend in New Zealand, a TV presenter called Lisa Manning. She ran off with Lord of the Rings Director and the scandal hit the headlines in New Zealand. Dan Wootton hated the press intrusion (the irony) and fled to the UK, then got his job as showbiz writer for the NOTW, later becoming showbiz editor.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/wellington/647528/Cor-Our-Dans-a-red-hot-showbiz-star

Last few lines of that article....:eek::confused::o:):D
    Of course, on a more modest Kiwi scale, he's had a little experience with celebrity dating already.

Our Dan's X-Rated Sex Secrets!
    Did 40 year old Lisa really go from dating 21 year old Dan Wootton to dating a 61 year old actor?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tvhonour wrote: »

He gets paid to appear on Lorraine if he can still provide stories not working for a paper will be interesting or will he rely on what he's read in other papers?

I think he will get 3 months pay and he's still getting paid for his TV work. £300 an appearance?
  • Options
    Keyb0ardWarri0rKeyb0ardWarri0r Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    He gets paid to appear on Lorraine if he can still provide stories not working for a paper will be interesting or will he rely on what he's read in other papers?

I think he will get 3 months pay and he's still getting paid for his TV work. £300 an appearance?

£300 to be a gay? OMG!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, the Church of England have took a swipe as well.

Religion is now involved!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/jul/09/church-of-england-general-synod-live-blog

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The PM is suggesting she goes.

Thing is, she's one of Rupert Murdoch's most trusted. She's like a daughter to him, he trusts her with his company.

The PM also spent Christmas with Rebekah Brooks. He's close friends with her and her husband. He is obviously being as quiet as possible about the whole thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The PM also spent Christmas with Rebekah Brooks. He's close friends with her and her husband. He is obviously being as quiet as possible about the whole thing.

What a bastard. :eek:

Why are we putting up with these dicks??
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

I bet his stint on Lorraine will be full of CAN clients - Claire will need to feed out stories and no doubt Dan@CAN will have to oblige as he probably wont have much else.
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just seen this Wooton guy on Sky seems like a tosser.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Such a tragic loss to journalism. :cry:

My thoughts exactly :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Train to be Tweedy's solicitor. With her temper, there's bound to be more toilet attendant tantrums.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daybreak will offer him the entertainment section they love him..........
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    dazb wrote: »
    I just seen this Wooton guy on Sky seems like a tosser.
    He's just been caught outright lying on Five Live.

The 5L reporter has been speaking to the journos as they leave the NOTW building, mainly asking them about Rebecca Brooks & that meeting. Dan said it was a very respectful and orderly meeting. The next journo (TV critic I think) said the meeting was as reported & very antagonistic.

Obviously Wooton will say anything to get a job on The Sun on Sunday.

Integrity, my Royal Family catchphrase.
  • Options
    Chrissy1978ukChrissy1978uk Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Dan Woottons last column and he had to slag off Katie price , Mel B etc & also fatboy get your facts right Stephen Gately died in his sleep not the result of a tragic accident as you put it!! Good riddance to the Screws Of The World. http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/nol_showbiz/nolcelebrity_xs/1349708/Showbiz-Editor-Dan-Wootton-lists-his-top-scoops-from-the-last-two-and-a-half-years.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hear Dan Wootton was awarded the sack....another award to go on his CV.